Gophers vs Wofford

Sweet. That could prove to be a win over an NCAA-qualifier come Selection Sunday. The "W" is always good!

Al Nolen, really?

So - with 1:10 to play, the ball is inbounded to AN - he dribbles to the sideline and get double-teamed. WTF???? This type of stuff must drive Tubby crazzzy...

Gophers win 69-55
Sampson 20, Mbakwe 14, Armelin 11, Iverson 8, Nolen 8, Williams 6, Hoffarber 2
Rebounds: Sampson 13, Mbakwe 10, Iverson 9
Assists: Hoffarber 6, Williams 4, Nolen 3

The 14 point loss matches Wofford's biggest loss from last year when Illinois beat them.

Nice to see Chip contribute! It'd be great to have another scoring option off the bench.

Al, Ralph and Trevor the difference. Al really took control. They left Ralph wide open for jumpers and he made them pay. Trevor dominated the boards and made a couple of good shots.

FTs were really bad - lots of iron.

Couldn't watch the game. It looks like Chip was great, how was Hollins? Did big Mo do anything?

Couldn't watch the game. It looks like Chip was great, how was Hollins? Did big Mo do anything?

Chip played very well until the last few minutes but he will learn. Mo was a non factor and for some reason shot a 3.

Hollins looked good, but Tubby took the baby Gophs out most of the second half. Chip got in when Blake got hurt.

It was good to see the team run it's offense. They stayed with it and were rewarded with decent shots. Last year the offense stalled, and they forgot about it and tried to create.... Tonight, it continued to flow. When Devoe comes back, he'll have a number of open looks ... Yes, they didn't play a top 25 team, but things look promising, so far imo..

Ankle - I think - he came back on the floor after the game was walking OK - maybe a slight limp.

tweaked the ankle, retaped it, might have been able to go back in if he was needed.

chip, f@#k me for ever doubting you. Him and RS3 are competetors, lets hope they keep that all season. Who doubts my Tipoff of chip=real deal, Trevor= real deal now?

Both Chip and Hollins really impressed me for freshmen in their first game. As noted, Chip is aggressive and athletic. Works hard and not scared to shoot it. Hollins is going to be pretty smooth. He had one really nice assist and should have had another on a drop pass along the baseline that was bobbled. One silver lining with Devoe is that both of these guys will get more minutes that will make us better.

Disappointed with Mo. Pretty much a turn-over machine now, but he'll develop his potential and will be a useful player. Though maybe not this year.

You really went out on the limb calling Trevor the "real deal". I like so Chip so far but you draw waaaaay too many conclusions from single games.

chip, f@#k me for ever doubting you. Him and RS3 are competetors, lets hope they keep that all season. Who doubts my Tipoff of chip=real deal, Trevor= real deal now?

I t hasnt just been 1 game though, exibiton games, canada, howard pulley,tipoff, Trevor is pretty proven. Chip not as much, but in the last 3 games hes had 7, 11, and 5? idk if i have the last one right, but for a freshman who wasnt even recruited by mid majors he is perfoming pretty well at the high major level. dont give him any credit or anything

I think you misinterpreted what I said. You were saying you told us so about Trevor being the real deal and everyone on here already thought that so I was being sarcastic by saying that you really went out on a limb by predicting that.

Don't give Chip any credit or anything? You completely misinterpreted that as well. I thought Chip played an excellent game and will be one of our most important subs. I'm just saying that you draw such huge conclusions from single games (and ones that aren't exactly BT caliber opponents). I can't remember what exactly you said about Mo Walker after his first 1-2 games in Canada but it was something along the line of him being a double double machine or close to that this year.

I t hasnt just been 1 game though, exibiton games, canada, howard pulley,tipoff, Trevor is pretty proven. Chip not as much, but in the last 3 games hes had 7, 11, and 5? idk if i have the last one right, but for a freshman who wasnt even recruited by mid majors he is perfoming pretty well at the high major level. dont give him any credit or anything

Top Bottom