Gophers receive a commitment from Annandale, Minn. OT Logan Purcell

What do you mean his third year in the program? He arrived on campus 53 weeks ago. And, he was certainly never going to play as a freshman. Don't post dumb stuff about 18 year old kids.

I believe Richter has been on campus about the same amount of time, and has the same eligibility, as redshirt freshman DT Rashad Cheney. Are we also writing off Cheney because he didn't make a contribution in his red-shirt year? You can't teach 6'4", 340 lbs and athletic. Richter has four more years of eligibility. Give him a chance, once MDT is gone.

We care about ratings, unless we don’t.

I would care more if he looked unimpressive to my novice eye on film, and if he had this rating and offer list and we offered next January.

I believe Richter has been on campus about the same amount of time, and has the same eligibility, as redshirt freshman DT Rashad Cheney. Are we also writing off Cheney because he didn't make a contribution in his red-shirt year? You can't teach 6'4", 340 lbs and athletic. Richter has four more years of eligibility. Give him a chance, once MDT is gone.

Cheney didn’t have a choice. He’s an academic redshirt. For all we know, he might have been good enough to see the field this year.

I couldn’t disagree more.

Do you really have nothing better to do with your time then to just waste space on a message board attempting to harass someone? I am all for giving Spoof a hard time when he says or does something stupid, but your routine of taking shots at him for no reason until you get banned and then starting up a new account is just lame. There has to be something more interesting you can do with you time.

Do you really have nothing better to do with your time then to just waste space on a message board attempting to harass someone? I am all for giving Spoof a hard time when he says or does something stupid, but your routine of taking shots at him for no reason until you get banned and then starting up a new account is just lame. There has to be something more interesting you can do with you time.
Nah spoofin is my life

Annandale is a small town of 3370 souls, but they had a football team that punched above its weight class. They used to belong to the former Wright County Conference which featured excellent teams like Hutchinson, Glencoe-Silver Lake, Becker, among others.

Aren't they still in the WCC? Basketball teams from Annandale never met a 3-pointer they didn't like.

Good grab by Fleck.

Why did you quote me in your response? I agree with you.

Why did you quote me in your response? I agree with you.

I just picked up at the end of the comment chain. Sorry. Next time I’ll scroll back to original comment. Not picking on you (or anyone, for that matter). Just stating my still positive feelings about Richter’s potential.

Cheney didn’t have a choice. He’s an academic redshirt. For all we know, he might have been good enough to see the field this year.

OK. Scratch Cheney. Substitute M J Anderson and/or DeAngelo Carter and/or D’vion Harris. I don’t follow academic redshirts. Are all these freshman DL also academic redshirts? I’m honestly curious. I honestly believe one can be a long-term contributor to a team without making a big impact during one’s true freshman year.

OK. Scratch Cheney. Substitute M J Anderson and/or DeAngelo Carter and/or D’vion Harris. I don’t follow academic redshirts. Are all these freshman DL also academic redshirts? I’m honestly curious. I honestly believe one can be a long-term contributor to a team without making a big impact during one’s true freshman year.
ALL of them were in the same 2019 class..

The young man comes from a great family. Excited for him and hoping he can make an impact in the B10.

Thanks for the summary Daniel. Kid has some time to fill out his frame.

ALL of them were in the same 2019 class..

That’s the point I’m making. Why is it that Logan Richter has missed his chance, but Cheney, Anderson, Carter and Harris—all true DL freshman who played a few plays in one or two games—haven’t missed their chance? Why single out Richter for red redshirting when all the other DL in his freshman class also redshirted? Now, please return this thread to our new OL commit!

Obviously! Time to get a new one!!
Good logic, but logic hardly matters to some whack job that has been banned over a dozen times in the past 5-months for stalking a message board poster he doesn’t even know. Dude is about 6-months away from being featured in a Netflix series.

That’s the point I’m making. Why is it that Logan Richter has missed his chance, but Cheney, Anderson, Carter and Harris—all true DL freshman who played a few plays in one or two games—haven’t missed their chance? Why single out Richter for red redshirting when all the other DL in his freshman class also redshirted? Now, please return this thread to our new OL commit!
My way of thinking about LR was that he committed with the 2018 class (with a lot of comments about his huge upside)- thus this will be his third season after his commitment . True, he is a redshirt freshman from an eligibility standpoint but he didn’t sign that year- not gonna get into the “numbers always work” argument. He was either lacking the ability to qualify at the time or ? Nevertheless he didn’t go to school at all during what would have been his true freshman year. However, he had an additional year to mature, put on good weight, maybe learn the playbook etc than the class of ‘19 kids were provided yet with all the talk about young depth of the DL I rarely see LR mentioned. That puzzles me.

My way of thinking about LR was that he committed with the 2018 class (with a lot of comments about his huge upside)- thus this will be his third season after his commitment . True, he is a redshirt freshman from an eligibility standpoint but he didn’t sign that year- not gonna get into the “numbers always work” argument. He was either lacking the ability to qualify at the time or ? Nevertheless he didn’t go to school at all during what would have been his true freshman year. However, he had an additional year to mature, put on good weight, maybe learn the playbook etc than the class of ‘19 kids were provided yet with all the talk about young depth of the DL I rarely see LR mentioned. That puzzles me.
Part of the reason he gray-shirted was he was not turning 18 until late July after his senior year. Its not quite honest to say that he didn't go to school at all during his true freshman year -- as he attended the spring semester of that year; additionally he may have also been a part-time student somewhere in the fall so to not lose eligibility (like junior hockey players). Lastly he did not have an additional year than the '19 class -- he came with the early enrollees from that class and got here 6 months ahead of the recruits who came in the summer.

Before Logan Purcell, I didn’t know Annandale was a place.

Before Logan Purcell, I didn’t know Annandale was a place.

We had an OL visitor from Edgerton. Never heard of it. They play 9-man, I guess.

It’s great that these rural kids are getting a look, even though their competition isn’t good at all.

Aren't they still in the WCC? Basketball teams from Annandale never met a 3-pointer they didn't like.

Good grab by Fleck.
The Wright County conference no longer exists, it was replaced by the East Central South conference with some of the same teams that were in the WCC. They're still way above average but have lost some of the former leaders like Hutchinson, Becker and Waseca.

Anyway, PJ may have signed up a good one, completely off most recruiters' radar.

Last edited:

I agree that Logan doesn’t get talked up
much when young DL are being hyped. Could be because he remains a project in football or academic terms. But his size and raw athleticism, and four years of eligibility, make me think/hope he will be an asset long term.

The guys
Good logic, but logic hardly matters to some whack job that has been banned over a dozen times in the past 5-months for stalking a message board poster he doesn’t even know. Dude is about 6-months away from being featured in a Netflix series.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Spoofin, but if you were going to obsessively stalk someone, you'd think a goofy Gopher fan on a message board would be about the last person you'd stalk.

You should actually be flattered. Maybe frightened too (seriously).

The guys

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Spoofin, but if you were going to obsessively stalk someone, you'd think a goofy Gopher fan on a message board would be about the last person you'd stalk.

You should actually be flattered. Maybe frightened too (seriously).
No offense Bob - I agree. It is sad that an anonymous message board poster on a sports forum would be the focus of anyone’s obsession.

Flattered? No. That went out the window on about screen name 8 or 9 when insulting me wasn’t enough and he brought my wife and kids into the discussion. I’m hopeful it is some child and not an adult that is that unhinged.

I agree that Logan doesn’t get talked up
much when young DL are being hyped. Could be because he remains a project in football or academic terms. But his size and raw athleticism, and four years of eligibility, make me think/hope he will be an asset long term.

I wouldn't worry about Logan Richter. You will hear from him in his third year like we did with Boye Mafe. Those are the type of players coaches coveted.

Note to the other Logan: Eat at least a pint of ice cream at least four times a week for dessert. Preferrably Cold Stone Creamery my achilles heel.

It always makes me happy when we recruit someone with potential from the heart of the state like this

I wouldn't worry about Logan Richter. You will hear from him in his third year like we did with Boye Mafe. Those are the type of players coaches coveted.

Note to the other Logan: Eat at least a pint of ice cream at least four times a week for dessert. Preferrably Cold Stone Creamery my achilles heel.

I heard a cardiologist on radio once discribe two foods as the perfect heart attack causing foods: potato chips and real ice cream. Just saying.

I heard a cardiologist on radio once discribe two foods as the perfect heart attack causing foods: potato chips and real ice cream. Just saying.
Yeah, but that'll be long after he is off scholarship.

Top Bottom