Gophers ranked #25 in the country by Selection Comittee

No, we wouldn't. Duke has one loss in a Power 5 conference (to 6-3 Miami) and is #21. Nebraska has one loss in a Power 5 conference (to #12 MSU) and is #16. We would be in the 17-20 range at best.

I agree. No chance we would be top 15 but we would be top 20.

Wonder where we would be ranked if we would have just taken care of business in Champaign?

god that just makes me feel sick to my stomach for our team, and especially Cobb who I'm sure blames himself hugely for that loss (not pinning it on him, just remarking how he likely feels)

Minnesota is getting a lot of mentions because of the CFP. Both the TCU and OSU angles.

Best case for the Gophers,

This week: #25 Gophers beat #8 OSU, #20 WI edges #16 NE
Next week: #17 Gophers beat #22 Nebraska, WI, MSU, OSU win
Two weeks: #13 Gophers beat #12 WI, MSU, NE win, OSU loses to MI, NE sneaks back into top 25
Three weeks: #9 Gophers beat #8 MSU

Gophers finish with 4-1 record vs. top 25

January: #4 Gophers face Alabama in Pasadena

College Gameday @ Camp Randall to watch us blowout the Bagders?

Being Top 25 brings some hype to the game - just saw the ESPN/ABC commercial pimping the game #25 vs #8

Being Top 25 brings some hype to the game - just saw the ESPN/ABC commercial pimping the game #25 vs #8

Me too. First one I saw. I was already excited......but that commercial made me even more impatient.

Also saw a commercial pimping the Louisville-Minnesota basketball game this Friday. ESPN is showing some love.

Me too. First one I saw. I was already excited......but that commercial made me even more impatient.

Also saw a commercial pimping the Louisville-Minnesota basketball game this Friday. ESPN is showing some love.
The love is not for Minnesota in either game, we wouldn't be mentioned if not for our elite opponents.

The love is not for Minnesota in either game, we wouldn't be mentioned if not for our elite opponents.

Disagree. Louisville vs Minnesota is the matchup of the Pitinos. That's why it's getting pimped. Also, vs OSU we are now ranked. That makes us very relevant in the importance of us getting "pimped" on ESPN.

Gophers have the opportunity (along with Duke) to be one of the best underdog stories of the season.

Disagree. Louisville vs Minnesota is the matchup of the Pitinos. That's why it's getting pimped. Also, vs OSU we are now ranked. That makes us very relevant in the importance of us getting "pimped" on ESPN.
Our ranking is fairly irrelevant, if OSU wasn't still in the title hunt nobody would care about this game outside of the B1G.

Our ranking is fairly irrelevant, if OSU wasn't still in the title hunt nobody would care about this game outside of the B1G.

Wrong. Y'alls ranking is literally a domino that can start knocking things over in multiple directions.

We'll be watching.

TCU_Horned_Frogs.gif

Top Bottom