Gophers Picked Last In Big Ten By CBS' Jon Rothstein

Thank you. People make such a big deal out of how he got his buckets. Who cares. I'll take dunks any day. I guess people don't like that Rodney was efficient.

I think it makes all the difference in the world, when a player is one dimensional it is easier to defend against, there were some games where Rodney didn't contribute anything and it was probably related to the fact that if you kept him away from the rim he just didn't have any success at all.

I think it makes all the difference in the world, when a player is one dimensional it is easier to defend against, there were some games where Rodney didn't contribute anything and it was probably related to the fact that if you kept him away from the rim he just didn't have any success at all.

It does not matter a bucket is a bucket what matters is how efficient and how many you get. some guys are 3 point shooters so you say just guard them at the 3 point distance ? some guys score in the paint so they are easy to defend just cover them in the blocks? if Rodney was non existent so was Austin Hollins as they were statistically very even. Dunks and 19ft jumpers all are 2 points. Rodney got his ten a game differently than Trevor or Austin but he still got em.

Maybe the old Nebraska regime, but not this one. Tim Miles is building something good in Lincoln.

Right! With Miles at the helm NE will be a top half ot the B1G w/in two years and will become a regular league competitor.

I think Tim Miles is waaaay overrated on this board, at least at the moment. Let's see them make the tourney before we proclaim him the next powerhouse coach in the Big Ten.

I think Tim Miles is waaaay overrated on this board, at least at the moment. Let's see them make the tourney before we proclaim him the next powerhouse coach in the Big Ten.

Agreed. Tubby had a much better start to his Big10 career than Miles has. He could turn out to be great, no question, but he has done absolutely nothing as of yet.

I think Miles is a really good coach, but it's an uphill battle at Nebraska. I think he can get them to the tournament within the next few years, but it's not easy to rebuild and that's what he's having to do. I don't think Nebraska will ever be a regular Big Ten contender.

To my way of thinking being a "regular league competitor" is not nearly the the same as being a "powerhouse coach in the Big Ten".

I think Miles is a really good coach, but it's an uphill battle at Nebraska. I think he can get them to the tournament within the next few years, but it's not easy to rebuild and that's what he's having to do. I don't think Nebraska will ever be a regular Big Ten contender.

It is a tough rebuilding job, but at least they have the facilities and university financial support to do it. Miles is already improving the recruiting. I predict that their point guard Tai Webster will be a strong candidate if not Big 10 freshman of the year.

Top Bottom