Gophers Offer MJ Rhett - Tennesee State Transfer

I believe Coach P knows what he needs, and will recruit accordingly. And I will also bet he doesn't count on GH experts.

I believe Coach P knows what he needs, and will recruit accordingly. And I will also bet he doesn't count on GH experts.

Well he's been offered by us so clearly coach P thinks something of him.

He calls me for tips every day Doc.

Then again I am not a normal poster.

One would have to know that Morehead State and Tennessee State are in the Ohio Valley Conference. I would guess that's a small group around here. Haha. I get it now.

Moorhead is also pretty good or at least above average most years.

I worry about Tennessee and Memphis with Rhett. They are two of the long lists of schools that have reportedly offered and I imagine it would be enticing to stay in state. He's originally from South Carolina, so I'd imagine the Southern schools that offer will be really tough to beat out.

Most of you people are so acclimated to the sewer that when you open your mouth - $#!t flows out.

I know immediate play seniors are the way to go, but does Tennessee St seem like the program we want to poach from?

Does FIU? Does Drake? Does Central Arizona JC? :rolleyes:

He calls me for tips every day Doc.

Then again I am not a normal poster.

Hey 19 -
As I was skimming through the posts, I first read "pastor' not "poster" and did the big double-take...

Congrats on passing the 15,000 post milestone!

It's actually scary how similar his stats are between his year at Drake and his first year here are.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61462/joey-king

Given I had no faith in Oto and blind hope in Buggs... At the start of the season, I would have said King would be a success if he could match his freshman numbers from Drake in the B1G.

That being said, we can't bank on Buggs improving much or Martin dominating as a freshman and I prefer King to come of the bench for 10-15mpg next season... A PF transfer would be huge.

I just don't understand why Pitino would want an under-recruited player from a bad Ohio Valley Conference team.

When the guy from Temple tells you he is going to aim higher, they aren't exactly lining up outside the Barn to sign up.

When the guy from Temple tells you he is going to aim higher, they aren't exactly lining up outside the Barn to sign up.

That came from a guy who calls himself Doogie, so factor that in. He not exactly looking at powerhouses like Kansas, Kentucky & Duke... 3 of the teams below had worse seasons than us and he wants to play in the B1G or in the Midwest.

Jeff Goodman
Temple forward Anthony Lee will transfer and be eligible next season. Sources told ESPN that Iowa St, Illinois, Marquette, Indiana in mix.

Playing within driving distance of his family, who now live in Davenport, IA is reportedly a priority.

I can't believe how may people didn't pick up your joke, especially after I pointed it out. Lots of slow people on this board.

Not sure if your comment was directed at me or not (maybe because I'm slow), but I get the "joke". Maybe I shouldn't have quoted his/her original comment. My comment was really more of a frustration at not even getting a sniff from some of these guys.

I''m sure if DeAndre Kane would have transferred here instead of Iowa State last year many on this board would have predicted his stats to be cut in half from what they were at Marshall.

I''m sure if DeAndre Kane would have transferred here instead of Iowa State last year many on this board would have predicted his stats to be cut in half from what they were at Marshall.

Also remember Duke offering Seth Curry a scholarship when he announced he was transferring from LIBERTY of all places.

Hey 19 -
As I was skimming through the posts, I first read "pastor' not "poster" and did the big double-take...

Congrats on passing the 15,000 post milestone!

I've been called a lot of things, but never a pastor.

Thanks for the congrats. Those posts numbers are rather bogus though. Many times you can jump as many as 10 posts per entry.

I've been called a lot of things, but never a pastor.

Thanks for the congrats. Those posts numbers are rather bogus though. Many times you can jump as many as 10 posts per entry.

Ya, parski tried to stop that from happening, and got banned.

Rhett is a realistic possibility. Gopher staff is moving forward on this one

Tommy seems to have some connection to the Gophers staff/team. I don't think he will be elaborating on sources or anything, but he seems to have some knowledge.

I get that feeling too, scher.

Hate to keep being the downer as I was one of the original POLLYANNAs but there isn't a team in the country that doesn't need a senior pf good for 6+rbs and 6-10pts per game. We are gonna need one heck of a sell story to get some of these guys.

Top Bottom