Gophers hope that ''Juice'' is maroon and gold: Anthony Leon has Gophers in top 3

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
College of Sequoias safety, Anthony Leon, will be taking his visit to Minnesota this weekend. Please follow Nadine Babu's interview to see why the U ranks in his top three, with USC and Oregon, how Big Play Traye is helping us recruit another one of his former teammates, and what his deciding factors will be when choosing a school:

Gophers hope that ''Juice'' is maroon and gold: Anthony Leon has Gophers in top 3

does the group of recruits coming in get to go through the stadium tour?? I know a guy that posts on here said he was part of a tour of the stadium, so sounds like they are giving them. i would think getting to be in the bones of that place would have a big impact!!

Thanks

Nadine-Thanks for another great interview.

Interesting to hear him say that we are recruiting him at safety rather than LB. I've been hearing on GI that he was a linebacker recruit and his weight is right in the range that is typical of a college OLB.

Yes.

does the group of recruits coming in get to go through the stadium tour?? I know a guy that posts on here said he was part of a tour of the stadium, so sounds like they are giving them. i would think getting to be in the bones of that place would have a big impact!!

At least every recruit I've spoken to all season has gotten the tour, I can't see why there would be any reason they wouldn't receive it. I think it's the icing on the cake!

I think they all get the tour

I have been on the tour and it's a great experience. The two highlights for me, and I would think any recruit, are the massive size of the locker room and then the walk from there to the tunnel where the players will enter the stadium. I am sure that they all get at least that part of the tour.

Fantastic news! It sounds very promising that Anthony will be a Gopher. Thanks, Nadine!

Question for Gopher Lady

Why did he leave Florida State? Was it a playing time issue?

In watching film on this guy, he looks like he has the potential to be an absolute beast!!!

Big, strong and a nasty hitter to boot...he would be a perfect addition to this team imo.

Hopefully, Brewster and Traye can reel him in!!!

Sorry, Five Star

GL...any news at all on his visit??

I haven't talked to Leon, just haven't had time. I'm also not sure I'm going to. I'm sure he'll say "I had a great visit, the stadium was awesome, etc," but the real questions will come after he takes an Oregon or USC visit. Then he'll have something to compare this visit to.

I thought I had read that he already was at USC?? maybe I'm wrong

I thought I had read that he already was at USC?? maybe I'm wrong

He's been to Oregon, my bad on my previous comment. I meant there wouldn't be much to report until he had gone to USC, as he said he wasn't going to make a decision until then.

Top Bottom