Gophers game TV ratings 4th highest of the weekend

A 14 million difference in lead in can't lead to a 1 million difference in total game viewership? Disagree. We'd have to see an hour by hour breakout to see for sure.
I'm guessing most flipped to the Iron Bowl anyway.
11am games: 20.286M viewers
230/3pm games: 24.346M
6-7pm games: 12.765M

I think our game was higher because there was something on the line.

A 14 million difference in lead in can't lead to a 1 million difference in total game viewership? Disagree. We'd have to see an hour by hour breakout to see for sure.
I would highly disagree that the TV turnout for the Axe wasn't due to a lot of casual viewers who had tuned in for OSU/Mich, saw promo's for the Axe game, and just left it tuned there for the night game.

And there's nothing "wrong" with that, in the slightest.

Casual viewers drive TV viewership. And their reasoning for selecting a particular game is always going to be flimsy.

Would guess that hardcore fans of Gophers and Badgers amount to maybe 1-2 million viewers, at most, and of course not all had that time to tune into the game.

I feel the RTB brand is intriguing on a national level and this is the oldest and best rivalry in all of college football! Also,The Bank is getting the atmosphere of a big time college stadium, looking forward to attending those early home games next year

It certainly had the feel this past Saturday. With a full stadium....and an engaged crowd....the MINNESOTA chant after scores is really awesome.

Lots of people hate watch Wisconsin I think? Also the best looking uniforms in college football plus a team on the rise in the Gophers is a good draw 😎

The helmets have been awesome all year. Forget Oregon.....the Gophers are rocking the coolest uniforms in the nation.

And this was still the best part of the broadcast. Elite post game production, especially the slow mo at the end.

In the days of "hey let's talk about Alabama over this unrelated game" ... it was really nice to have someone SELL THE DANG GAME YOU'RE WATCHING / tell that story.

And this was still the best part of the broadcast. Elite post game production, especially the slow mo at the end.

Fox Sports has done an outstanding job trying to take down the ESPN monopoly of college football.

I'm glad that they are one of the Big Ten's chief media partners.

And I am hoping and looking for them to get a piece of the action of the next CFP contract, when it comes up for the next bidding.

It certainly had the feel this past Saturday. With a full stadium....and an engaged crowd....the MINNESOTA chant after scores is really awesome.
They've got all the colors!

Maroon, Gold, White, Black ...... Yellow.

:cool:

Top Bottom