Gophers game TV ratings 4th highest of the weekend

I don't understand. I had been told that wisconsin and especially Minnesota became irrelevant after the first week of the season.

These numbers are really going to help with negotiations for a new TV contract. On the rivalry week the B1G carried 3 of top 5 and has strong rating the whole year. I think what surprises a lot of people is when MN plays in meaningful games we get great ratings. This will be great for recruiting, but also it will help us get in more meaningful time slots in the future if our record is strong.

That’s really impressive when you consider how many great games were played last Saturday.

Rivalry week. One of the coolest trophies in college football. Getting the game on Fox is big. Lead in from OSU/Michigan.

These numbers are really going to help with negotiations for a new TV contract. On the rivalry week the B1G carried 3 of top 5 and has strong rating the whole year. I think what surprises a lot of people is when MN plays in meaningful games we get great ratings. This will be great for recruiting, but also it will help us get in more meaningful time slots in the future if our record is strong.
The cherry topping is when Minnesota wins. I hope that sports media realize the value of Minnesota when they are playing competitive football. It’s great PR for the program. Just don’t lose to a BGSU. That alone was a firable offense for the “Offensive” Coordinator.

It was kinda a slow (as far as action goes) game too… guess the speed doesn’t matter.
I bet a lot of people tuned out after that first half. So many flags. But whatever, I still had fun in the end.

My only complaint about the fox broadcast was the lack of crowd noise.

It was a great / loud crowd but it sounded like the crowd was in a tin can 5 miles away on the broadcast.

Otherwise commentators, b roll video, etc was all great.

My only complaint about the fox broadcast was the lack of crowd noise.

It was a great / loud crowd but it sounded like the crowd was in a tin can 5 miles away on the broadcast.

Otherwise commentators, b roll video, etc was all great.
Lightweights want to sit in a comfortable heated booth? They should have a microphone to catch the noise and cacophony of the stadium in a rivalry game. You want the sights and sounds of the stadium with a little broadcast journalism magic from the sidelines and in the stands with roving reporters of substance like what a Michelle Tafoya will do.

Yep. For once we distinguished ourselves on national network TV!

Other than the 2019 Penn State game and the 2019 Outback Bowl....we've had quite a few national TV flops.

This is a little surprising. In the reddit game thread, all football fans alike agreed the commentators were unbearable.
They were some of the worst I've heard in a LONG time. It was a constant complaint in the game thread on this board as well. And people I was texting during the game brought it up unprompted as well. They were B-A-D.

It does help that our lead in game had 16 million viewers and there's had 2. I'm guessing if you switched networks, it would be reversed.
Doubt it would have flipped that much. The big reason is that the OSU/Michigan decided the East and the Gophers/Wisconsin game was going to decide who would go from the West. Big Ten fans were interested in seeing that.

Well we had a good share of Minnesota and Wisconsin watching. All of Iowa was obviously watching.

Lots of Big 10 west fans watching depending on whether you wanted Iowa or Wisconsin to go.

I feel the RTB brand is intriguing on a national level and this is the oldest and best rivalry in all of college football! Also,The Bank is getting the atmosphere of a big time college stadium, looking forward to attending those early home games next year

I feel the RTB brand is intriguing on a national level and this is the oldest and best rivalry in all of college football! Also,The Bank is getting the atmosphere of a big time college stadium, looking forward to attending those early home games next year
The Bank looked really nice on TV.

Doubt it would have flipped that much. The big reason is that the OSU/Michigan decided the East and the Gophers/Wisconsin game was going to decide who would go from the West. Big Ten fans were interested in seeing that.
A 14 million difference in lead in can't lead to a 1 million difference in total game viewership? Disagree. We'd have to see an hour by hour breakout to see for sure.

Top Bottom