Gophers fans, you can spend Christmas with one current or former Gopher athlete or coach: Who are you choosing and why?

Tim Brewster....but only if he agrees to bring the Rose Bowl Turf.

Gimme Tony Dungy. Loved him as a player. Incredible coaching career. Super nice guy.

Are you OK? I don’t think he attended the university of Minnesota.
My apologies. I always thought the M on his cross country uniform was for Minnesota. I checked and it is for Macalester in St Paul. Oops!

My chili’s cold and needs heating up, so I gotta go with Brew.

I’d love to play some catch with Liedner. Front yard, 10-15 years apart, hoping for 52% completion rate.

Alan Page has led a fascinating life.

We’ll, he was a Viking, not a Gopher (Notre Dame). But I’d agree on the fascinating life.
Actually Page does have a Law degree from the University of Minnesota.

The only way to ensure an elite Christmas would be to spend the day with our current football coach.

Last edited:

In football, I would like to talk with Tony Dungy. I have family near Jackson Michigan where Tony grew up and his book was inspirational regarding family. I suspect the conversation wouldn't have all that much to do with football, but more to do with life and purpose.

Actually Page does have a Law degree from the University of Minnesota.
Yeah, guess he doesn't really fit the question since he wasn't a U of M athlete or coach but he is a U of M alum.

No order, but would have interest in all of these people:

Willie Burton
MB III
I. Mohammed
Arriel McDonald
Ric Flair
A.J. Barker
Jordan Murphy
Matt Spaeth

Probably many more, but I like that list.

Top Bottom