Gophers Crush Maryland: Post-Game Reaction Thread

I really loved what Dylan Wright did the first couple games this year...Now he cant get even see a target...I wonder if he sticks around next year.
Had the same thought. He did get a target I believe when CAB briefly came out of the game (shoulder?).

Honestly I thought he might be our best WR after that first game. Really wonder if he has any other issues going on as he seemed so dynamic.

Had the same thought. He did get a target I believe when CAB briefly came out of the game (shoulder?).

Honestly I thought he might be our best WR after that first game. Really wonder if he has any other issues going on as he seemed so dynamic.

What happened at his last school?

Was never nervous about this one at any point. It was so obvious Minnesota was the Superior team and it's exactly what I expected. I think I predicted 34-17 earlier this week, so yeah... Good for me lol. OP said it all: Gophers are getting better every week. Feels a lot like 2019 with this stretch against inferior teams. Win that next two and we'll see how they stack up against the big 2 in the West. Buckle up, boys!

I've never understood putting anyone on the ignore list... just laugh at 'em and move on.

I mostly agree. But the less people who read the goon's messages.....the less people respond. Then maybe the troll goes away.

I really loved what Dylan Wright did the first couple games this year...Now he cant get even see a target...I wonder if he sticks around next year.
Did he even play? I saw him on the sideline but don’t remember if he got in the game.

Liked the end of the third quarter, Goldy Saturday Night Fever dance with the spirit squad.

Does anyone have pics of Goldy’s costumes today?

With Bucko and Thomas each getting over 100 yds rushing, the Gophers have 5 different RBs with 100+ yd games this season
A pair and a spare and a spare and a spare?

He played today, had three targets I believe. One was the PI penalty early on. I was at the game so I didn't see replays but it looked to me like his other two were poor throws by Tanner. One behind him and one deep sideline throw that was low and outside.

One observation: prior to that final first half drive: During the media timeout Tanner went to play catch with someone, as is standard procedure. His first throw he sailed way over his targets head. The equipment guy had to chase the ball 40 yards down the sideline. his subsequent throws all had heat but looked like knuckleballs. Not sure if there was some issue with him, but it struck me as odd. I don't ever recall a QB warming up on the sideline and missing that badly to a target 15 yards away. Then they refused to pass on that drive.

I think PJ is in the very small minority on this one

I didn't like it before half, but he evidently wanted at least 3 to go up 20-10.
Then get 7 after the half to go 27-10.

He seemed to be hung up on the idea of getting to a 17 point lead (3 possessions).
Evidently, I would guess there are strong percentages if you get to 17 in the 2nd half.

I think we were all hoping for 14 point lead at the half and 21 after the first possession of the 2nd half.

I didn't like it before half, but he evidently wanted at least 3 to go up 20-10.
Then get 7 after the half to go 27-10.

He seemed to be hung up on the idea of getting to a 17 point lead (3 possessions).
Evidently, I would guess there are strong percentages if you get to 17 in the 2nd half.

I think we were all hoping for 14 point lead at the half and 21 after the first possession of the 2nd half.
I don't mind getting three there, if we had at least taken a shot.

Playing it safe and then FG block, woof. Maryland easily could've had 7, just bobbled ball

Since A- wasn't an option, went A.

Coming back for seconds on post game thread: we have to get the kicking game fixed. You just can't leave points out there. The block was especially disconcerting. Imagine if the had returned it for a score. Got to be better in this area.

This group of rb’s is special. So much vision and patience with every one of them. The defense is improving as well but still needs to keep from getting beat by big plays. Good job on first and second downs though.
I think our o-line is probably more special than the running backs, not that they are bad, they aren't.

Defense is so much better and seems to improve every week. The play of the defensive line is so much better this year and it’s helping the linebackers and secondary make plays.

Other than the turtle job by the coaches at the end of the first half, which I’m still pissed about, the game plan and execution was great. I would expect much of the same for the game at Northwestern next week, given that Michigan rushed for almost 300 against them today. Our three headed monster at running back is impressive and dynamic.

Why oh why did we lose to Bowling Green? Happy for the success we are having now but we should be 6-1 ranked around 15th if we take care of BG. Having said that, one game at a time going forward. If we just take care of business all that other stuff will take care of itself.

Go Gophers!
Why did we lose against Bowling Green?

The same turtle job by the coaches we saw at the end of the first half in today’s game.

Top Bottom