Gophers Bowl Projection

Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl makes me sick, especially when they will lose 4 of their last 5 games. Of course, after they get blown out by Nebraska in the B1G Championship Game and in their bowl game, 7-7 looks especially sh!tty.

Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl makes me sick, especially when they will lose 4 of their last 5 games. Of course, after they get blown out by Nebraska in the B1G Championship Game and in their bowl game, 7-7 looks especially sh!tty.

Want to put money on this?

now that Purdue has won again, if they win next week and we lose to MSU, Purdue has a better Big 10 record at 3-5. Are we in any danger of them getting picked over us for the better bowl? Beat MSU and there is no question however. I'm hoping for that scenario.

now that Purdue has won again, if they win next week and we lose to MSU, Purdue has a better Big 10 record at 3-5. Are we in any danger of them getting picked over us for the better bowl? Beat MSU and there is no question however. I'm hoping for that scenario.

Yes, we are in danger of having them picked over us if they win and we lose next week.

If we lose to Michigan State and Purdue beats Indiana, I would expect that they would both be picked over the Gophers, and that the Gophers would wind up playing Dallas.

Well they ar showing MSU in the BWW bowl as of right now. It wont happen if we win this Sat. As of right nowtey project us in the MCB against Iowa State or Texas Tech. I was hoping for better team like West Virginia or the likes.

Don't look now, but cbssports.com has us slotted in the Gator Bowl. They are projecting a win against Michigan State and have us playing New Year's Day in the Gator Bowl.

The good news: That would be awesome.

The bad news: They have us predicted to play Mississippi State.

I think we could beat Mississippi State. They were way overrated in the SEC this year. I think it would be a close game going either way.

Don't look now, but cbssports.com has us slotted in the Gator Bowl. They are projecting a win against Michigan State and have us playing New Year's Day in the Gator Bowl.

That CBS projection has Wisky falling to the BWW, which I believe cannot happen. AFAIK the loser of the B1G CCG cannot fall further than the Gator by rule.

That CBS projection has Wisky falling to the BWW, which I believe cannot happen. AFAIK the loser of the B1G CCG cannot fall further than the Gator by rule.

Correct - the loser of the Big Ten Championship Game cannot drop further than the conference's #4 bowl, which this year, is the Gator Bowl. And even if that rule did not exist, the notion that the Gator Bowl would pass on Wisconsin to select Minnesota is ridiculous.

Top Bottom