Gophers best strategy for hiring

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
The Gophers best strategy for hiring a new AD should be to find someone with ties to the best possible head football coach.
The athletic program goes as your football program does.

Interview AD candidates who have in's with proven coaches to try to make both hires at once.
These scenarios seldom line up where you can hire both at once, the Gophers should take advantage of that, rather than let it be a hinderance.

Whether that's hiring an AD with ties to an SEC coach, PAC12 coach, whatever it is... it should be a two in one search.

Steve Sarkisian is available...

The Gophers best strategy for hiring a new AD should be to find someone with ties to the best possible head football coach.

Interview AD candidates who have in's with proven coaches to try to make both hires at once.
These scenarios seldom line up where you can hire both at once, the Gophers should take advantage of that, rather than let it be a hinderance.

Whether that's hiring an AD with ties to an SEC coach, PAC12 coach, whatever it is... it should be a two in one search.

This sounds a lot like Norwood Teague, Villa 7, and Shaka Smart.

I'm confused whether I should be facing the facts, or if I'm getting just the facts.....

There's little chance of hiring an AD away from another school during the school year. Especially during football season. Ergo the coaching decision will almost certainly be made before a permanent AD is hired (unless they promote Beth Goetz in the meantime).

So goodbye 2016 recruiting class as Minnesota hires an AD in the spring who then hires the football coach? Yikes....

Bring in Bielema

He's struggling at Arkansas, but could turn it around here.
He'd love nothing more than to trounce Wisconsin year in and year out rubbing in Barry's face.

O. M. G.... puke

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have never called for a banning....until now. Anyone who endorses Bielema should be banned.

This is what we need to do..

Tracy Claeys HC

Jay Sawvel DC/DBs

Jerry Kill- Special recruiter and fundraiser.

Very limited role as he feels able to do, but
give him a modest salary, keep him apart of
the University while allowing him to engane in
other things, charitable things, speaking
engagements, etc, but keep this staff and program
intact, or else it'll be another 5+ years before
we're where we are now, which isn't quite yet
where we want it back to with the Mason years.

From this to your best strategy in hiring thread....how about you sit the next couple plays (days) out. We'll handle the difficult work.

It would build a great rivalry.

Going about this the conventional way has never worked well for the U.

It would bring U of M vs Wiscy to the level of OSU / Michigan... or closer to it at least.
If you want to be a prominent program, you need to take some chances some times that might ruffle a few feathers.

Think outside the box. It would put us and that story on a national scale.

It would bring U of M vs Wiscy to the level of OSU / Michigan... or closer to it at least.
If you want to be a prominent program, you need to take some chances some times that might ruffle a few feathers.

The basketball board called. They really, really miss you!

He would consider Minnesota in-state recruiting.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

The Minnesota AD job is already pretty separated from football.

I don't think the AD needs to be a great football mind. Norwood was supposed to just be a fundraiser (not sure he did that well on top of his tongue stuff) .... a great fund raiser and competent administrator would be fine.

From this to your best strategy in hiring thread....how about you sit the next couple plays (days) out. We'll handle the difficult work.

There is rarely a day where I don't laugh out loud at one of your posts!! Keep it up!

Go Gophers!!

So goodbye 2016 recruiting class as Minnesota hires an AD in the spring who then hires the football coach? Yikes....

I'm more worried about the 2017 - 2020 recruiting classes if we settle with Claeys as coach.
Look at the other coaches in the Big Ten and compare to Claeys... good luck.

I remember those meetings. Think outside the box, they said. There are no stupid ideas, they said. I heard a lot of really stupid ideas in those meetings.

Everybody will be after the Temple coach - I'd stick with Claeys & Co for a couple of years and see how they do. I think they can win even without Jerry - as a poster suggests, he might even have some kind of role to play if he feels up to it.

Top Bottom