Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

Don't get me wrong. I really hope Evans chooses MN.

Maybe he is a different type of kid who truly doesn't think about NIL. And maybe his family supports him in that. I have no idea about his family's financial status.

just saying that, in most cases, you don't seen many people saying "No" to more money.

Maybe he is a different type of kid who truly doesn't think about NIL. And maybe his family supports him in that. I have no idea about his family's financial status.

just saying that, in most cases, you don't seen many people saying "No" to more money.
Be ready for this one to be the rare case

The secrete agreement that I heard about. Gophers will guarantee to match all NIL offers plus a new SUV. Go Gophers

NIL isn’t important. Stop with that crap. Kid is different. Where he signs who knows.

Right, it's about Minnesota and TCU.

If he likes them both, then he takes the one with the money.

Why is this so hard? You can be happy with no money. You can be happy with money. Don't think too hard on it.
Unless it isn't. Just because you or I might think that way doesn't mean he does.

Shooter chimes in:

After recently losing 6-foot-4 Totino-Grace four-star guard Taison Chatman to Ohio State and 6-10 Lakeville North power forward Nolan Winter to Wisconsin, and last spring 6-2 point guard Tre Holloman from Cretin-Derham Hall to Michigan State, the Gophers should have a decent chance on Monday of getting a commitment from four-star 7-1 Dennis Evans from Hillcrest High in Riverside, Calif.

Evans, who also has Texas Christian as a finalist and is a pal of Gophers 6-7 freshman Jaden Henley of Ontario, Calif., was at the Gophers-Purdue football homecoming loss two weeks ago. Of concern for Minnesota, though, is that TCU is a top-10 NCAA preseason team.

The unranked Gophers, who have just one tender left, have gone all-out in recruitment of Evans. A top-30 prospect, Evans would be the highest-rated Gophers commitment since 6-9 Kris Humphries from Hopkins, signed as a top-15 prospect 19 years ago. Humphries left for the NBA draft (No. 14 overall by Utah) after his freshman season and after leading the Big Ten in scoring and rebounding.

Go Gophers!!

Shooter chimes in:

After recently losing 6-foot-4 Totino-Grace four-star guard Taison Chatman to Ohio State and 6-10 Lakeville North power forward Nolan Winter to Wisconsin, and last spring 6-2 point guard Tre Holloman from Cretin-Derham Hall to Michigan State, the Gophers should have a decent chance on Monday of getting a commitment from four-star 7-1 Dennis Evans from Hillcrest High in Riverside, Calif.

Evans, who also has Texas Christian as a finalist and is a pal of Gophers 6-7 freshman Jaden Henley of Ontario, Calif., was at the Gophers-Purdue football homecoming loss two weeks ago. Of concern for Minnesota, though, is that TCU is a top-10 NCAA preseason team.

The unranked Gophers, who have just one tender left, have gone all-out in recruitment of Evans. A top-30 prospect, Evans would be the highest-rated Gophers commitment since 6-9 Kris Humphries from Hopkins, signed as a top-15 prospect 19 years ago. Humphries left for the NBA draft (No. 14 overall by Utah) after his freshman season and after leading the Big Ten in scoring and rebounding.

Go Gophers!!
Shooter - what about Christie committing this year if you are going to list Chatman and Winter going elsewhere? What about Carrington, Payne, Ola-Joseph if you’re going to bring up Holloman? How he writes it like everyone is going elsewhere is so dumb…

To add further to GopherOhana

OUR PURPOSE​

As a former Division 1 basketball player, I had many peers
who played professionally. Some lasted, others didn’t, and many left the game with nothing after giving so much to the game.​

Have no idea if this helps or hurts the Gophers chances.

Shooter chimes in:

Go Gophers!!
Okay, who has the definition of “decent chance”?

just noting that Mr Evans' IG account now references "Biz Inquiries to [email protected]"
looks like Dennis has signed on with Slash Sports Entertainment

guessing paid brand partnerships, which is now allowed by the NCAA
Everyone is interested in money.

It's like any other job. Sure, you might like a certain boss a little better or have a friend that works at one company. But if one company is paying $50K and another company is paying $300K...which one are you going to choose?

We don't even know that he's being offered "more money".
We don’t know for sure, but it’s pretty safe to assume. Multiple folks have stated TCU would win this if NIL mattered most. The Texas schools have donors who’ve funded programs while we are just getting off the ground. We haven’t given any to incoming freshman yet, they earn them like the rule actually reads.
Ben got on this one early, built the relationship and didn’t get out worked. Kudos to him.

Top Bottom