Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

Dad looks like he is in that 6’8” to 6’10” range as well. Hopefully his son chooses us and fills out that body. Looks like he would make a great rim protector.

Why would he not visit KU & Lawrence?
Because maybe after his visit here and seeing his best friend that maybe he doesnt need to see kansas and hes sold on the spot he needs to be is minnesota. Not the first time this is ever happened! Are we going too fast for you?

The ranking/offer list combination for Evans is puzzling. California kid, highly ranked (though variable-Rivals #13, ESPN # 62), with no PAC-12 offers. Anyone know the story or have an explanation for this?

Last edited:

The ranking/offer list combination for Evans is puzzling. California kid, highly ranked (though variable-Rivals #13, ESPN # 62), with no PAC-12 offers. Anyone know the story or have an explanation for this?
Late bloomer, most coaches believe he's about to commit anyway

I thought it was a case of great measurables (he’s just a hair smaller than Rudy Gobert), but maybe still developing skills, and programs like UCLA and USC may have felt they could get someone a bit more polished.

I thought it was a case of great measurables (he’s just a hair smaller than Rudy Gobert), but maybe still developing skills, and programs like UCLA and USC may have felt they could get someone a bit more polished.
Trying to read between the lines, I gather he’s his own man. He isn’t easily influenced, as most kids are.

It’s the trait that makes me excited about the kid. Hope he comes here.

I also gather his polish came late. He started ball later, then got famously destroyed. It motivated him to really put in work. He made “the decision,” in mental toughness parlance. Now it’s showing.

It's a tough call. Kansas - the team the just won the NCAA championship, or Minnesota, bottom of the Big10 last year. Plus, the winters compared to Cali.

It's Happening!!!

... I read it on Twitter, so it has to be true, right?
i don't think it is true. I think he's only 7'1"

in his interviews he doesn't give anything away regarding which schools he is considering. talks mainly about getting better as a player and a team mate

Top Bottom