Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

Gophs would take both. Trevor is more of a stretch 4.

This Evans guy is still raw. Potential is through the roof though.
Trevor is his dad. Nolan is the recruit. We’ve probably insulted him now😊

Trevor is his dad. Nolan is the recruit. We’ve probably insulted him now😊
Geezez, I need to pay closer attention to myself.

Last edited:

Yup. Some of the things we've heard over the past few months. One person responding appears to have had some first hand communication with Evans. Who knows.....could just be a twitter stalker:

Thanks for posting, my dumbass ain’t on twitter yet.

Gophers 7-foot target Dennis Evans sets official visit; Ben Johnson to watch him in California​

Gophers basketball coach Ben Johnson and his staff continue to make an all-out effort to land 7-foot-1 California senior Dennis Evans III, who scheduled his official visit to the U.

Evans, ranked 13th nationally by Rivals.com and 27th by 247Sports.com, will likely have Johnson and assistant Marcus Jenkins attending his practice on Wednesday at Riverside Hillcrest High.

Although no timetable for his decision is known, Evans scheduled his Gophers visit for Sept. 29. He visited TCU over the weekend. Defending national champion Kansas also has him among its invites to Midnight Madness in October.

"He's definitely considering TCU and Minnesota," Hillcrest coach H. Jackson Wood said. "I would say TCU and Minnesota are right there together up top."

Arguably the top shot blocker in the 2023 class, Evans was offered a scholarship by the Gophers, TCU, and Kansas on the same day in late May. He was named to the USA U17 World Cup team that won a gold medal this summer.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom