Gophers All Decade Team

GopherLady

Reaction score
I know we just had a thread about making our all Gopher team, but I don't believe this all-decade team article had been posted:

Gophers All Decade Team

I'll let you talk amongst yourselves before I chime in...I'm guessing this list will not be unanimous, lol!

My 1st team including chemistry:

PG Arob
SG Vince
SF Travarus Bennett
PF Dusty
C Jeff Hagen

6th man Brent Lawson

That's 3 walkons

That list really spells out how up and down this decade has been.

All Decade team.

I'm taking Bennet's defense over Coleman's "consistency".

Also I completely disagree with the statement that guards were the strong point for this decade. I'd say the front court was considerably better.

pg-Arob
sg-Vince
sf-DJ
pf-Dusty
c-SPENCER T!!!

This sounds interesting, but my anti-virus software says that website is infected and stops it from opening. Can you copy and paste the team here?

Thanks

This sounds interesting, but my anti-virus software says that website is infected and stops it from opening. Can you copy and paste the team here?

Thanks

First Team
G Vincent Grier
G Lawrence McKenzie
F Dan Coleman
F Dusty Rychart
C Kris Humphries

Second Team
G Maurice Hargrow
G Adam Boone
F Rick Rickert
F Michael Bauer
C Jeff Hagan

Just missed the cut: C Spencer Tollackson, G Al Nolen, G Lawrence Westbrook, F/C Jerry Holman.

Putting Humphries on this list is just wrong. And we don't get to count McKenzie's #s from Oklahoma so he shouldn't be on this list either. The rest I don't have issue with. I'm move Boone to the 1st team and replace McKenzie with Westbrook. I'd move Hagan to the 1st team and replace Humphries with Spencer.

Didn't Terrance Simmons have two years of exposure this decade?

Thank you Monty519 for posting the lists and GopherLady for bringing up this topic.

I basically agree with the picks, but would like to see Traverus Bennett in there -- he was the Big Ten's DPOY as a senior. I loved his game!

Kris Humphries is easily the best player of the decade, but so many good players and good guys in those lists. I enjoyed every season, good results and not-so-good. These guys work incredibly hard and I salute them all for the enjoyment they gave us.

Oh my. Trying to come up with an all decade team makes me extraordinarily sad.

G Limar Wilson
G Miles Webb
F Stan Gaines
F Engen Nurumbi
C Aliou Kane

Top Bottom