Gophers-Akron Game Thread

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
Man...what is with our guys playing down to their competition, especially at home??? This club is going to get rolled in their first two Big 10 games. We are NOT a Top 25 team at this point - no frickin' way.

wth did expect...we only care about blake getting 1000 points...pfft..he sucks tonight...and mo walker cant finish inside...what a damn joke. Give it to sampson or mbwake.

This team is either severely underperforming or we are extremely overrated and coming back down to earth. Also, we literally have no mid range game at all. No one can shoot a jump shot. Pretty pathetic.

I think we play to our competition.

Anyone know if I can see this game online? No luck on channelsurfing.net

Can't argue with any of the comments ... at least there's a 2nd half to play.

I actually think Big Mo is playing well...great passing. Did Devoe even play in the first half (rhetorical question)?

I still think (well hope) we win, but this is pretty pathetic. I thought the loss to Virginia would shake these guys up a bit and make them play better against inferior competition. Maybe not.

27% from the field, 20% from 3, and 10 turnovers. For those that don't think that we are vastly different team with Nolen have got to be kidding themselves. Without him I think that we are 7-10 win team in the Big Ten. He wouldn't help the shooting but Joseph playing out of position simply looked lost in the first half, hopefully we can pull this one out.

This team is either severely underperforming or we are extremely overrated and coming back down to earth. Also, we literally have no mid range game at all. No one can shoot a jump shot. Pretty pathetic.

its time for tubby to put another guard out there with blake and devoe. devoe isn't a point guard and blake struggles creating a shot. rodney can't shoot so he is relatively easy to defend! mbakwe needs the ball in the paint and we are avoiding that!

I really think when al comes back and if tubby let's al, devoe, and blake together-this team could be an offensive force

We need to work on recovering on D badly. they showed how awful our closeouts have been at halftime.

I still think (well hope) we win, but this is pretty pathetic. I thought the loss to Virginia would shake these guys up a bit and make them play better against inferior competition. Maybe not.

When we have been turning the ball over as much as we have, you can lose to ANYONE.

Anyone seen Killer at the game?

Too many 3-point shots...pound the ball down low every possession, please.

i agree...bb is taking too many and hitting back iron every god damn time and its pissing me off.

Please feel free to show more of the Victoria Secret ads and less Rotella or whatever the hell that salsa brand is. :)

27% from the field, 20% from 3, and 10 turnovers. For those that don't think that we are vastly different team with Nolen have got to be kidding themselves. Without him I think that we are 7-10 win team in the Big Ten. He wouldn't help the shooting but Joseph playing out of position simply looked lost in the first half, hopefully we can pull this one out.

I have been paying really close attention to those claiming "devoe is out of position on defense" and I think many don't know what the hell they are taking about! devoe is not in bad position-the problem is we this team is terrible closing out on the swing pass! not devoe, not blake, not chip-its the whole backcourt! I think som of the casual fans see devoes arms bouncing around all over the place and assume devoe is out of position. never heard of people who ride a guy harder than devoe when devoe has done so much for this program

drink every time you hear "joseph throws it away" or see a stupid 3 from him.

drink every time you hear "joseph throws it away" or see a stupid 3 from him.

Even Dr. Don would've been hammered at halftime. :) I love Devoe but he's having a tough game tonight.

anyone know if there's a stat service counting dunks as they do in the nba? Never seen a team dunk the ball as much as this one.

Lakesgopher-
Where in my previous post did I mention anything about defense. I think Joseph is an average to above average defender. If you look at Joseph in the first 25 minutes he had 6 turnovers and was 0-5 from the field. He was penetrating to deep with no idea where he was going to throw the ball. He has played considerably better in the last 10 and look we are now up 14. I was simply saying on offense he looks out of position.

If the Gopher's want to be a top 4 or 5 Big Ten team, Joseph has to be better and play a complete game.

Does every team we play have their best 3-point shooting night of the season or is our defense that bad?

Also..........

Perimeter defense has been bad again. Easy penetration by their PG and uncontested threes.

Devoe's play the last few minutes is not acceptable. Tubby just ripped him a new one.

There is about 2 minutes left and unless I have missed something, I don't think there has been a sub by the gophers for about 10 minutes. This seems to be a 180 degree swing from Tubby's normal substitution strategy.

I very well could have missed something.

Top Bottom