Gophers adding transfer punter

Fleck has been waiting patiently for years to unleash his "HOWTwoPunt" formation: two punters on the field at the same time!!! The return team won't know what the hell to do.

What? Are they going to kick the ball to each other? That will really confuse the Defense.

Off hand, I don't think I've seen two true punters on the field at the same time. Anyone can refresh my memory on this one.

Off hand, I don't think I've seen two true punters on the field at the same time. Anyone can refresh my memory on this one.
I've seen a two kicker set up for kickoffs, but not punts.

i always liked the quick kick on 3rd down. That really confuses the other team. All in all i don’t think it matters who they bring in as long as the special teams coach is still around. This will be a big grade for the coach if a freshman kickers gets worse now that he’s here.

Might work better. With two, you know that the ball is either going to go right or left. With a 3rd kicker going straight to the ball it adds another dimension.
4 dimensions, hike the ball to Morgan who is already in the enz zone!

I'll keep the faith in Crawford. Tough year for him but he'll be better. A little competition never hurt though.

I'll keep the faith in Crawford. Tough year for him but he'll be better. A little competition never hurt though.
Crawford was pretty highly rated as a recruit and if I remember right he had "tested" with some really long kicks. Hopefully he can be as good as advertised, but bringing in another guy is great for depth in case one gets hurt. Also a little competition doesn't hurt.

I was excited when they got Crawford. Might hold my excitement on this.

It will be great if ha can bounce back next season. The Gophers saw something in him and are not about to give up yet.

It has to be tough on him. All the adjustments to weather, food, being away from home, and being a student in his mid twenties all take some toll on him. On top of it all, Covid.

Big Dan has his family here and went to IMG. So, he has played HS football at least. I believe Crawford never did before. He also must have to deal with homesickness.

It will be great if ha can bounce back next season. The Gophers saw something in him and are not about to give up yet.

It has to be tough on him. All the adjustments to weather, food, being away from home, and being a student in his mid twenties all take some toll on him.
We should get him all the vegemite he wants!

I honestly think the lack of a true off-season and going through COVID protocol had an effect on Crawford's punting. I think he can have a solid career at the U.

That said, this last year was rough, so I have no problem with the coaching staff bringing in another punter to increase the competition in the punting room. Like Fleck tells recruits, it's his job to recruit players that are better than the current players, and it's the player's job to make it hard to do that.

So, either way hopefully this is a win-win. Either the transfer punter comes in and is great giving the other punters more time to get better, or the increased competition motivates an existing punter to do better and we go with them.

We should get him all the vegemite he wants!

Introduce him to ice fishing and cross country skiing. But, please keep him away from Ludefisk! By year three, he will probably be very committed to staying once he is committed to a girlfriend from around here.

Top Bottom