GopherHole's J.B. Bauer reports that Sampson will likely be back

Wow - if true, great scoop GW!

Edit - I see Marcus was right there too. Thanks to both for the information.

Wow - if true, great scoop GW!

Edit - I see Marcus was right there too. Thanks to both for the information.

I will trust a scoop from GL before I trust a scoop from GW. Who the hell is GW????

I will trust a scoop from GL before I trust a scoop from GW. Who the hell is GW????

Well, this was not my scoop, but I trust GW. He has a lot of great sources, and we verified that he did his fact checking - kudos to him.

Thank you, and sorry for my ignorance. I was born ignorant, some people do not have an excuse.

I assume GW is right in the procedure.

If so, then why has the U not issued a press release yet? They would have had the information by yesterday evening.

Good news if true IMO. I wonder if this was a last second change of heart kind of thing, or whether there was just misinformation put out there all over?

PS NU sports has Shurna's decision to return as one of their main headlines. If Ralph is returning the U should be trying to get some publicity.

Good news if true IMO. I wonder if this was a last second change of heart kind of thing, or whether there was just misinformation put out there all over?

misinformation would be a first on the blogosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD, you seem particularly cranky the last couple days. Maybe you need to calm down and have a beer. :)

I assume GW is right in the procedure.

If so, then why has the U not issued a press release yet? They would have had the information by yesterday evening.

The U is pretty slow about such matters, and maybe need to be. If they are verifying papers, etc. it might take some time. Warrior is reliable and I don't think he would toss something out like that without solid sources.

Since Ralph said exactly no words publicly about his decision, no one really has a clue about what he was thinking or why he might stay or go. The poor kid is facing the peril of public people in terms of responding and "controlling the message" or ignoring it all and staying silent. Since it really is his business and not ours, I think he did the right thing (staying quiet).

Well, this was not my scoop, but I trust GW. He has a lot of great sources, and we verified that he did his fact checking - kudos to him.

Nice job on this, GH. Now I hope there are no more chances to scoop the conventional media in town. Tired of news about players transferring, speculation about who is leaving early, arguments about spring recruits, and worry (or hope) that Tubby leaves for someplace else. This program really needs a turmoil-free year where they're not in scramble mode to patch things up--on the floor or in the recruiting office.

ESPN Insider claims to have the offcial list:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...mns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=InOut-2011

Any insiders want to check?

May as well use this thing for the first time in months. Per ESPN:

Others who have declared but will likely go undrafted

Keion Bell, G, Jr., Pepperdine*
Jacob Blankenship, F, Jr., Southeastern (FL)*
Roscoe Davis, F, Fr., Midland JC (TX)*
TyShwan Edmondson, G, Jr., Austin Peay*
Desmond Holloway, G, Jr., Coastal Carolina*
Tiondre Johnson, F, So., Coastal Bend JC (TX)*
Ryan Kelley, G, So., Colorado*
Dan Kelm, G, So., Viterbo (WI)*

Greg Mangano, C, Jr., Yale*
Keishawn Mayes, F, Jr., Campbell*
Cameron Moore, F, Jr., UAB*
Darrion Pellum, G/F, Jr., Hampton*
J.P. Primm, G, Jr., UNC-Asheville*
Ralph Sampson III, C, Jr., Minnesota*
Tony Taylor, G, Jr., George Washington*
Thomas Tibbs Jr., G, Jr., Staten Island*
Antoine Watson, G, Jr., Florida International*
Charlie Westbrook, G, Jr., South Dakota*
Brandon Wood, G, Jr., Valparaiso*

I wouldn't hold my breath watiing for a press release from U of M Communications indicating Ralph's coming back. They never had anything about Ralph declaring for the draft, even though that's pretty standard stuff for most big-time Athletics web sites (see Shurna & Morris releases @ NU & Michigan, respectively). Perhaps that was because of Ralph's "vagueness" or maybe basketball requested that communications not put out a release? One or the other, I'm guessing.

He's gone, I would think the Rivals writer has access to the NBA data. It's clear cut at this point either he stayed in the draft or didn't.

Probably. But if he pulled out at the last minute they may not have updated. I don't think being correct on RSIII is really a huge priority for Rivals/ESPN given his status on the list.

Well with both Rivals and ESPN saying he is gone it does not look good.

Tired of news about players transferring, speculation about who is leaving early, arguments about spring recruits, and worry (or hope) that Tubby leaves for someplace else. This program really needs a turmoil-free year where they're not in scramble mode to patch things up--on the floor or in the recruiting office.

I second that.

Ouch, he got the "Others who have declared but will likely go undrafted" treatment. If that is the official list, then yeah, it's a matter of no turning back now, there's no way he didn't declare if the NBA released this list.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the wording he has in the first paragraph, this doesn't totally sound like the official "I'm in and I can't leave" list, but is guys who have declared but didn't withdraw at least publicly.

He received confirmation that he will likely be back? How is that confirming anything?

Nice job on this, GH. Now I hope there are no more chances to scoop the conventional media in town. Tired of news about players transferring, speculation about who is leaving early, arguments about spring recruits, and worry (or hope) that Tubby leaves for someplace else. This program really needs a turmoil-free year where they're not in scramble mode to patch things up--on the floor or in the recruiting office.

100% agree.

Also; why all the mystery about RS3.

DD, you seem particularly cranky the last couple days. Maybe you need to calm down and have a beer. :)

howeday7...yes, I am extremely cranky for a variety of reasons. But the main one is all of the negative blog comments, on the StribBitchBlogs, here on GopherHole, and elsewhere for all of the putdowns and insults that I read, and it saddens me that so many people are so negative. Is that negativism due to the stress of life for people in this day and age, that the only way they can vent is to be anonymous and bitchy? Don't worry, I am calm, and I have BEERS!

p.s..... GL, do not worry about being able to afford beer for me, I buy my own!!!! (And additional for good friends).

Top Bottom