GopherHole.com: 2009 Spring Football Preview

Good stuff. I am really looking forward to seeing how the depth chart at RB develops after spring and in to fall, and to see if we can be a consistent threat on special teams.

Good stuff. I am really looking forward to seeing how the depth chart at RB develops after spring and in to fall, and to see if we can be a consistent threat on special teams.

Let's just line Decker up in the backfield every play.

No mention of Hayo...

did I miss it?

Am I missing something?

O-line

The offensive line is what actually gets me most excited at this point. With Stommes stepping (and bulking) up and the addition of Wills and Carufel we have really upgraded our line...those are some big bodies! Perfect for a power run game!

The shift of Alford seems like a good switch since he is not the quickest guy to match up with Defensive Ends. Tow-Arnett was also a solid contributor last year. In addition we have a ton of decent young back-ups with starting experience (Wynn, Orton, Bunders, etc) and some guys like Tavale who have been on the O-line as a starter for the last few years and should push hard to get their starting roles back.

Our line has the potential to go from a weakness to a strength! I can't wait to see them flattening out defenders in the trenches this year!

Come summer

The starting TE will be on campus. Come fall he will lineup either next to Stommes or Willis. Mark my words, Hageman is the starting TE.

The starting TE will be on campus. Come fall he will lineup either next to Stommes or Willis. Mark my words, Hageman is the starting TE.

What about Lair? Reports are that he hasn't put on enough weight to be a blocking tight end. If so, is there another spot on the roster where he could contribute, or is he a good fit for a 2 tight end set? If he's good enough, I'd like to see him get some good playing time because he chose us over Texas Tech in a recruiting battle.

Top Bottom