Gopher Volleyball 2021 - Spring Season

I think Hugh is overrated. And my opinion is not just based on today’s performance. Great recruiter, but.....
Kentucky's first national championship tonight - 16 years into their coach's tenure.
It took Russ Rose 21 years at Penn State to win a national championship.
The Texas coach was in his 12th year when Texas won in 2012.

Hugh's been here 9 years and the Gophers have finished worse than 15-5 in the Big Ten only once. 3 Final Fours too so far.

Having watched Gopher basketball and football for over 3 decades, I think some people here need to keep things in perspective.

From 2015 to 2018 the Gophers were clearly superior. They won eight in a row over the Badgers during that time, including a pair of conference titles, and lead the all-time series. So yeah, you can make the argument that the Gophers have been the better program several times over the 2000s, especially in the early 2000s and until the start of 2019.
Yes, you can make an argument that the Gophers have been the better program over the last two decades. I was just objecting to the use of the word "embarrassment" in this instance. And embarrassment is what our football team has done against Wisconsin for over 2 decades. What did the Gophers have....a 25 game lead in the rivalry at one point? They sure pissed that away.

Reactions: MRJ

Yes, you can make an argument that the Gophers have been the better program over the last two decades. I was just objecting to the use of the word "embarrassment" in this instance. And embarrassment is what our football team has done against Wisconsin for over 2 decades. What did the Gophers have....a 25 game lead in the rivalry at one point? They sure pissed that away.
Totally and completely agree.

Top Bottom