Gopher Softball 2024

Couple ugly errors should have been a scoreless inning. Threw ball into CF instead of taking force at first and bobble on a routine double play for no outs

About to get blown out. Same story different day. Few hits and dumb errors. What a long year this is going to be.

Someone light a fire under these players.

You get behind in the game and your pitchers are giving up hits so you start mentally tapping out of the game. These routine plays becoming errors which just shouldn't be acceptable.

Last edited:

Biggest understatement about the game - the defense was awful.

Biggest understatement about the game - the defense was awful.
No pitching and no defense. Lordy. I get playing good competition but why would MN agree to play in this tournament this year? Lots and lots of development need to happen

Rewatching the 7th and could have been another error on the first play, girl made a move towards second and gophers didn't attempt a tag after

About to get blown out. Same story different day. Few hits and dumb errors. What a long year this is going to be.
Washington is a really good team! I don’t think Gopher fans should be griping about losing to Washington; it’s not our team’s fault losing to a team like that.

Last edited:

Runner on 3rd no outs and Gophers can’t score. Back to back Ks including Cox watching three strikes down the middle of the plate. Also, why is Strewlow batting 5th? She batted 9th for most of last year and it still seems like she can’t connect with the ball. This coaching staff makes odd choices.

Could've blown the game wide open, but back to back strikeouts and a ground out. Still early, hopefully this doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.

I knew our pitching was gonna be awful this season, but holy shit. Can't even get it across the plate and when it does it gets crushed.

So far this season, I like Breezy in the bottom portion of our batting order. She has been doing a great job for us.

Top of the 7th and I totally agree with what the announcer just stated with our situation.

HC Ritter is so wrapped up with the pitching she needs her Assistants to step up and call a time out for the Gopher players to refocus.

Really silly and stupid decisions being made out there with both our coaches and players.

Perfect example here in the bottom of the 7th-Nice Job first base coach...NOT!

Last edited:

1-2 ball was better than the 3-0 strike he called earlier

That's some god awful base coaching, look to see the catcher backing up before sending her

This team is cooked.😐
So over these stupid running errors. Literally look like a JV team.
When you struggle against a team picked 8th in the ACC, it’s going to be a long year.
Ritter needs to either coach or call pitches!

What a great day for Gopher softball! We didn’t get run-ruled by Washington and we beat Georgia Tech. Fans should be out-of-their-minds happy with how this team performed.

What a great day for Gopher softball! We didn’t get run-ruled by Washington and we beat Georgia Tech. Fans should be out-of-their-minds happy with how this team performed.
Hard to be too satisfied watching either game

Rough start and 3rd inning for Jacie.
True, but the two errors made it worse.
i think some of theses fans need to convert to Sooner fans. That’s probable the only program that can live up to there expectations

I knew our pitching was gonna be awful this season, but holy shit. Can't even get it across the plate and when it does it gets crushed.
Let’s just be open and honest about where we are at. Our pitching isn’t going to be the same as so many of us are used to.

We were spoiled. Having Moulton, Groenewagen, Fizer, and Pease for the past 13 years was lucky for us. We had a great run of riches.

Now we will have a staff that is more like all the other Big Ten programs (excluding Michigan). It will be fine and we will win a lot of games… but it will be different.

Top Bottom