Gopher softball 2023

FSU website had her 2nd season counting as sophomore with only 2 appearances, has softball not gotten the similar <25% playing time to count as redshirt as other sports? Regardless has at least 2 years left solid for depth at pitching

If Autumn is healthy and the freshman from Chanhassen is as good as advertised that should put them in good shape. One more would probably be better

To those of you who really follow this program and players, when does someone actually update the Gopher Softball Program website, because players have transferred and more are looking to? I just feel it could use a refreshing update.

To those of you who really follow this program and players, when does someone actually update the Gopher Softball Program website, because players have transferred and more are looking to? I just feel it could use a refreshing update.
If more are looking to transfer they better do it now! There is not much time to waste in the summer transfer season. I think the early bird gets the worm when it comes to these transfer decisions. I kind of assume our outgoing transfers will be Leavitt, Costa, Hollifield, Evans, and Densen (who already is going to Tulsa). I do not assume any more. It has been a month since the end of the season after all. What the heck would they be waiting for?

I've been keeping up with the girls that are down in the Florida Gulf Coast League, Costa is batting .133 so I don't think losing her was a big deal. But Densen is batting .385 which includes a 4 for 4 in her last game and Evans is batting .435 going 3 for 3 in her last game. I think we missed out on seeing what Densen was capable of and we should have found a way to keep Evans. Coaches might think they're going to find girls with these numbers but I don't know if I'm convinced based on the transfers we've gotten in recent years batting averages (minus Espalin).

Future conference travel games just got a lot more exciting. Hoping USC adds softball sometime in the near future.

Sounds like a good hire. I am particularly impressed with her background in psychology. I hope that she will be able to recognize some of the issues, especially depression., that afflict athlletes. Too many athletes are not diagnosed and helped early enough.

How's everyone feel having UCLA softball in our conference? With Notre Dame and others possibly soon.

I've been keeping up with the girls that are down in the Florida Gulf Coast League, Costa is batting .133 so I don't think losing her was a big deal. But Densen is batting .385 which includes a 4 for 4 in her last game and Evans is batting .435 going 3 for 3 in her last game. I think we missed out on seeing what Densen was capable of and we should have found a way to keep Evans. Coaches might think they're going to find girls with these numbers but I don't know if I'm convinced based on the transfers we've gotten in recent years batting averages (minus Espalin).
Bradner worked out pretty well. Granted she was only here one year.

How's everyone feel having UCLA softball in our conference? With Notre Dame and others possibly soon.

I think it is great to have UCLA and it would be a bonus to snag the Irish. More good teams is better.

If more are looking to transfer they better do it now! There is not much time to waste in the summer transfer season. I think the early bird gets the worm when it comes to these transfer decisions. I kind of assume our outgoing transfers will be Leavitt, Costa, Hollifield, Evans, and Densen (who already is going to Tulsa). I do not assume any more. It has been a month since the end of the season after all. What the heck would they be waiting for?
Most of the time, coaches have people in mind but are waiting for the Florida Gulf Coast league to wrap up. Waiting to see if someone catches their eye during the summer season. Many of the FGCL players are in the portal. There are also smaller tournaments that are just for portal SA's that are going on the same time/place as the major travel tournaments throughout the summer (so it's not just recruiting, but also seeing what is in the portal in a live setting...It's not waiting, it's trying to find a contributor.

Hambrick did very well at GCU and reminds me a bit of Autumn Pease in that I think she has good ability to move from a smaller conference to the Big Ten and still have some success. She should be the #2 next year if Pease is the #1 and Schwartz still needs some time to adjust to D1 play.

Hambrick did very well at GCU and reminds me a bit of Autumn Pease in that I think she has good ability to move from a smaller conference to the Big Ten and still have some success. She should be the #2 next year if Pease is the #1 and Schwartz still needs some time to adjust to D1 play.
Don't the Gophers also have a transfer pitcher from Florida State?

Top Bottom