Gopher Softball 2018

Great catch by Ellee to save 2 runs. Kendyl should have scored on Maddie's bloop but plenty of time still

Yikes. Was bad read/3BC needing to be more aggressive to not score that first one, was short enough to know it was dropping

Shutting them down with RISP at least, just wake the bats up

Got the run back...now 1-1 with Syd in the circle. Wondering if all those innings are catching up to Amber.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Spoke too soon...gave the run right back, ugh.

I'll be honest, Texas has been the better team from the outset. Still one inning to go, but not liking what I'm seeing...

This one's done...2-1 loss.

Didn't do nearly enough to win a game against this level of competition. In fact, this looked a lot like last year and early this year.

4 wins isn't looking good, but would have to beat Washington twice to get out of region anyways

4 wins isn't looking good, but would have to beat Washington twice to get out of region anyways
I'm worried about winning even one, much less four.

On the bright side... the pitchers don't have a lot of innings yet. Plus Seattle is cool unlike most of the regionals, so coming through the loser's bracket hopefully won't be a killer.

I'll be honest, Texas has been the better team from the outset. Still one inning to go, but not liking what I'm seeing...

I haven't seen Texas play this year, but holy cow they hit a lot of duck fart bloopers that hit the exact perfect spot. I can't believe that's a common occurrence.

I haven't seen Texas play this year, but holy cow they hit a lot of duck fart bloopers that hit the exact perfect spot. I can't believe that's a common occurrence.
From my view, the Gophers were actually dodging more bullets than Texas was getting lucky. The ladies were fortunate to even be in the game after the first few innings.

The pattern in NCAAs has unfortunately been established. A quality team with good pitching comes along and the ladies lose a close one. Gotta either step up and find a way to get it done or have the pattern continue. Right now, it's entirely the latter.

From my view, the Gophers were actually dodging more bullets than Texas was getting lucky. The ladies were fortunate to even be in the game after the first few innings.

The pattern in NCAAs has unfortunately been established. A quality team with good pitching comes along and the ladies lose a close one. Gotta either step up and find a way to get it done or have the pattern continue. Right now, it's entirely the latter.

Yep, only bright side is it was 2-1 instead of 6-1

Was the pitching even that good? It was discouraging to see on the final graphic that the TX pitcher improved to 12-11 on the year. Too many softly hit popups in the infield.

Teams ranked 17-25 in the last USA Today poll went 1-7 today. JMU the only win, Kentucky game was PPD.

Was the pitching even that good? It was discouraging to see on the final graphic that the TX pitcher improved to 12-11 on the year. Too many softly hit popups in the infield.
I thought Van Breken hit her spots well, but she's not overpowering by any means. Simply put, the ladies weren't good enough.

Had there chance in the 4th. That shot Syd hit for a double plays was unlucky. Get some wins Saturday.

That Garcia from UCLA throws that rise! Whoa!
Ha! And Gabbie Plain from Washington with a nasty drop!

Gophers will be better off if Washington loses tonight or in winners bracket game. Chances of winning regional are better only having to beat them once. Texas certainly is nothing special. Gophers could beat them twice.

Gophers will be better off if Washington loses tonight or in winners bracket game. Chances of winning regional are better only having to beat them once. Texas certainly is nothing special. Gophers could beat them twice.

Ha, no kidding!!!
Actually, pretty good game going with Boise State right now. 1-0 Huskies in the 3rd.

Another of those games when MN didn't bother to show up. I expected them to come out breathing fire to start the NCAAs, as though there was something to prove, but they pretty much drifted indifferently through the Texas game. A few players showed some signs of grief, but mostly it seemed pretty blasé, like, well, oh, well..... This game reminded me of the New Mexico State loss, the first MSU loss, and the defeat against PSU, games the Gophers showed little interest in. You won't win many games with only 4 hits. Senior leadership shone in its absence.

Interesting that the 2 top BIG teams (Michigan & MN) both lost while lesser teams found a way to win (WI, OSU, NW). Even NDSU, whom MN nearly always beats, won. Uninspiring.

Washington up 2-0 now in the bottom of the 4th. Make that 3-0.....and still don't have a hit.
Huskies in control, up 5-0.

Top Bottom