Gopher Softball 2017

The reason Sarah is in a slump is that she is in too low of a crush with that open stance. It seems to me she was more upright last year. You can't drive the ball with that stance. JMO...

That would explain why she's struggled for the vast majority of the season. She hasn't hit the ball sharply with any consistency all year.

! All right! Come on team, get one more for insurance and start getting those bats ready for later!

Thanks for the support! A lot of tension and disappointment in Gopherland this weekend.

But we still have hope!

Your pitching is awesome! 12 hits to 3??? ... make that 13!... of course not to mention the hits!

:)

Your pitching is awesome! 12 hits to 3??? ... make that 13!

:)

Had our stud freshman start, she pitched really well. Sara G came in for the sixth, and other than the tying homer, has been doing Sara G type things. Still, we would have preferred the game to be a little less tense than this.

Not to "dis" 'Bama, bUT they're probably thinking, "Crap!"

Congrats, 2 more to go!

All right kids, loosen up and have some fun the evening!!

If another game is necessary, today or tomorrow? Today, add to the conspiracy.

If another game is necessary, today or tomorrow? Today, add to the conspiracy.

Tomorrow. Which is huge for us. You can't make a team play three times in one day. We need to win this one with the bats, because Sara will not be able to pitch 10+ innings. Must hit the ball, move batters around and score 5 plus runs.

Well, now there really isn't anything to lose. The Gophers are now the underdogs against the Home team. Go out and play loose. And they just could steal these games...those last two innings vs. La. Tech may have been just the wakeup the bats needed.

Tomorrow. Which is huge for us. You can't make a team play three times in one day. We need to win this one with the bats, because Sara will not be able to pitch 10+ innings. Must hit the ball, move batters around and score 5 plus runs.

La Tech would have played 3 games if they had beaten us.

Not to "dis" 'Bama, bUT they're probably thinking, "Crap!"

Congrats, 2 more to go!

Lol and thanks! :)...A lot of their fans online were thanking their lucky stars to win game one (based on what I saw anyway). Not sure how much is left in the tank for our girls, but they're certainly willing to give it their best shot.

P.S. - when does U of A play tonight?

Same umps as last game, just moving around. Again, the home plate ump in the Minnesota/Alabama first game is absent.

Can't see what's happening because I don't get ESPNU, but folks on Twitter are saying the Alabama player missed home plate. Is that true?

Can't see what's happening because I don't get ESPNU, but folks on Twitter are saying the Alabama player missed home plate. Is that true?

It was close, she came in right on the edge. Allie cut it deep behind short and hesitated a little, should have been relaying it right in so Sara could cut if runner didn't go to prevent other from moving up

It was close, she came in right on the edge. Allie cut it deep behind short and hesitated a little, should have been relaying it right in so Sara could cut if runner didn't go to prevent other from moving up

Thanks!

Yeah the relay looked slow on that play.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Lindamen not pulling the trigger again on good pitches. Two called strikes she should've absolutely jumped on.

Lindamen not pulling the trigger again on good pitches. Two called strikes she should've absolutely jumped on.

Yes, she's discombobulated.

And Dwyer's been taking some grooved strike ones, although maybe you guys know if she's been doing that all year. I hadn't noticed.

Top Bottom