Gopher Softball 2017

Well, to be honest, they put up 11 against Tech in their opener so they've had one-plus games where they've struggled. I think a lot of their problems against Bama was due to just sitting there watching pitches go by. Saw a lot of pitches they normally hammer just be let go. That in and of itself is an anomaly for this team, so I was shocked to see it. This is a team that can put up runs in a hurry when they start hitting. Just so happened that they hit a bump yesterday.

I hope you're right, the media hyped them up so much, here I am watching on a rainy Sunday :)

With that said, they have almost no energy today based on what I'm seeing. Could very well lose this game to a team they pounded just two days ago.

I hope you're right, the media hyped them up so much, here I am watching on a rainy Sunday :)

In the Gopher's defense, they got royally shafted. They should be seeded in the 7-12 range, playing at home here in the rain against a field that doesn't include Alabama and just developing their postseason play naturally.

Instead they came into postseason perversely, dealing with all the controversy and playing in Alabama who leads the nation in attendance apparently and who has hosted for something like 16 straight years!

Can't blame the committee at this point. Offense been completely flat last two games

In the Gopher's defense, they got royally shafted. They should be seeded in the 7-12 range, playing at home here in the rain against a field that doesn't include Alabama and just developing their postseason play naturally.

Instead they came into postseason perversely, dealing with all the controversy and playing in Alabama who leads the nation in attendance apparently and who has hosted for something like 16 straight years!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Can't blame the committee at this point. Offense been completely flat last two games

Maybe not exclusively, but considering the tournament snub plus the out-right robbery that took place yesterday and I'm not surprised in the least that they're a bit flat today.

Right call on the pitching change. You don't let a freshman be responsible for the season ending run

This is the first time I've been really disappointed in the Gophers for two straight games offensively. Really not focused at the plate, swinging at pitches that aren't even close to the zone and letting ones they hammered earlier in the year just sail by for strikes. Hate to say it, but it really looks like they're mailing it in and trying to get the game over, which is really disappointing.

Right call on the pitching change. You don't let a freshman be responsible for the season ending run

Even if she would've given up the game-losing run, the loss wouldn't be on her. Really poor performance at the plate so far today.

With that said, Fiser was stellar today. She's going to be a stud in coming years.

Look at the facial expressions on the ladies. Not good. It's like they don't want to be there.
Hopefully they survive this game.

Sudden death innings as road team is quite disappointing

Look at the facial expressions on the ladies. Not good. It's like they don't want to be there.
Hopefully they survive this game.

Seeing the same thing and I can't say I blame them. With that said, can't mope around or the season will be over.

Come on 8 and 9, let's see what you can do!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Sam can break this thing open a bit. She's due for a big-hit.

Parlich is really struggling at the plate in the tournament.

Also, Lindaman is in a total funk. She's swinging at pitches that are clear balls and missing pitches that she was hammering even a week ago.

Parlich is really struggling at the plate in the tournament.

Batters #2 through #5 aren't providing much the last two games. Hopefully Sara can get out of this one. This game is the trap game. Escaping this would be A-OK heading into the next one.

Can't catch a break. Strike three isn't called and on 3-2, they hit the tying home run with two outs. It's unbelievable.

Can't catch a break. Strike three isn't called and on 3-2, they hit the tying home run with two outs. It's unbelievable.

We can't catch a break.

Heck of at bat by that kid, good for her.

I still want us to win!

That sure seemed like strike 3. And then that. Can't catch any breaks. Why wasn't the strike 3 called? The other two weren't far off of the corner, either. Doesn't help that the Gophers are always the Away team...that's what they deserve after crushing La. Tech the first time around, right rules committee?

and by the way, we could have scored more than one run in the 7th. We didn't have to stop at one :mad:

and by the way, we could have scored more than one run in the 7th. We didn't have to stop at one :mad:

Runner on 2nd, 1 out, to the top of the order. Yes, wasted opportunities.

The first pitch to Groen in top of the 8th: was that called strike not the same spot as the one she didn't get? Ironic.

The reason Sarah is in a slump is that she is in too low of a crouch with that open stance. It seems to me she was more upright last year. You can't drive the ball with that stance. JMO...

Top Bottom