Gopher Soccer 2021 Fall Season

Minnesota defeated Northwestern 1-0. I only caught the last 20 minutes or so. It was an all out Wildcat attack with the Gophers in defend mode; but it worked out. There was a Gopher supporter cruising in a boat along the lakeshore sporting a big block M flag.

Here's the only goal:

Minnesota defeated Northwestern 1-0. I only caught the last 20 minutes or so. It was an all out Wildcat attack with the Gophers in defend mode; but it worked out. There was a Gopher supporter cruising in a boat along the lakeshore sporting a big block M flag.

Here's the only goal:

Yes, I noticed that boat too, big cruiser with huge Minnesota flag. I passed by with about 8.5 minutes left in the game.

Where has Kyah (spelling?) Harper been? I haven't seen her in at least a half dozen games.

Two matches, @iowa and hosting Nebraska, remain. Minnesota can assure themselves of a top 8 finish and the B1G tournament with two wins.
MINNEAPOLIS -- The University of Minnesota (8-4-3, 4-4-0 B1G) heads to Iowa (10-5-1, 4-4-0 B1G) on Oct. 21, before returning to Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium on Oct. 24, against Nebraska (5-9-2, 1-5-2 B1G) to conclude the 2021 regular season. The Maroon and Gold take on Iowa starting at 7 p.m. and Nebraska at 1 p.m. with both matches streamed on BTN+.

WHAT'S ON THE LINE THIS WEEKEND?
Minnesota: Controlling their own destiny, Minnesota will sit inside the top eight of the Big Ten and make the 2021 Big Ten Tournament with wins over Iowa and Nebraska
Minnesota: A win over Iowa would extend Minnesota's winning streak in the Hawkeye State to 12 with the last loss coming in 2008 to Penn State in the Big Ten Tournament
Iowa: Currently in a four-way tie for fifth place in the conference, four or more points (a tie and a win) this weekend would likely put the reigning tournament champion Hawkeyes into the 2021 Big Ten Tournament
Nebraska: Nebraska's season will conclude on Sunday against Minnesota with the Huskers holding just five conference points and needing at least 12 to be inside the top eight to make the conference tournament

QUICK NOTES VS. IOWA AND NEBRASKA
- Minnesota is unbeaten against Nebraska in its last seven matches with the Cornhuskers last win coming in 2013, during that span Minnesota has outscored Nebraska 13-2
- Minnesota owns a 14-6-4 all-time record against Iowa with the two teams splitting last season's matches
- Iowa made last season's NCAA Tournament after winning the Big Ten Tournament and earning the conference's automatic bid
- Despite sharing a border with Minnesota, Iowa does not have a single student-athlete from the Land of 10,000 Lakes on its roster while Nebraska has two on its current roster

The Soccer team stunk it up this weekend. I am Surprised in a bad way as to how this weekend went.

The Soccer team stunk it up this weekend. I am Surprised in a bad way as to how this weekend went.

They missed key opportunities during the season and then weren't able to make up for them in this weeks matches. A good effort against Iowa failed to find the back of the net. I didn't see today's Nebraska match (I was watching another Gopher team chase missed opportunities on the volleyball court). Certainly a disappointing season with spiced with some memorable goals.

They missed key opportunities during the season and then weren't able to make up for them in this weeks matches. A good effort against Iowa failed to find the back of the net. I didn't see today's Nebraska match (I was watching another Gopher team chase missed opportunities on the volleyball court). Certainly a disappointing season with spiced with some memorable goals.
This was a fun season to watch, really disappointed that we got blanked the last two games when we had a chance to take care of business.

Top Bottom