Gopher Radio Show

Reusse is OK, but Mackey is pretty much insufferable. He's essentially 1500's version of Sludge.

Could you imagine if Sludge and Mackey hosted a show together? You literally would not be able to tell which one is talking. Mackey is an absolute Sludge clone. Sound alike, inflections are alike, takes are the same. Mackey must have been Sludge's shadow for the entire time he was at KFAN.

Reusse and Mackey are gopher neutral IMO, which is better than Reusse used to be.
I almost edited in you and Phunn's weekly chat into my post, love it, no offense at the omission.

Honestly my favorite 1500 show was the mornings before ESPN took over when you, Phunn, and Jon Hanson would banter. I'd love for that to replace GL in the afternoons, but probably won't happen until the 65+ St. Paul native old man shaking fist at disrespectful youngsters generation moves on.

Any chance 1500 let's you or anyone do a show coverering the recruiting class on Feb. 2 or the week after?

I'll make my normal Wed. night appearance on Feb. 2 (that's a Wed., right?)... but maybe I can convince Phunn to make it an hour appearance, and I can bring O'Connell on, since admittedly, outside of Tommy Olson, I know little about the guys they're signing.

Reusse and Mackey are gopher neutral IMO, which is better than Reusse used to be.
I almost edited in you and Phunn's weekly chat into my post, love it, no offense at the omission.

Honestly my favorite 1500 show was the mornings before ESPN took over when you, Phunn, and Jon Hanson would banter. I'd love for that to replace GL in the afternoons, but probably won't happen until the 65+ St. Paul native old man shaking fist at disrespectful youngsters generation moves on.

Any chance 1500 let's you or anyone do a show coverering the recruiting class on Feb. 2 or the week after?

I agree. I really miss a local morning show on 1500. I can listen to Mike and Mike and Cowherd on XM if I want.

The Power Trip is okay on KFAN, but way too much Vikings talk. PA is horrible since Dubay's been gone. Dave Lee's show is awful, and KQ was stale ten years ago.

Top Bottom