Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

Because no one is choosing Samford over Texas if they have the option to go to both for athletics.
So you don't know.. Texas may offer as a plan c.... Kid may not have the transferable credits etc etc etc etc etc.... maybe the kid goes and visits Texas and absolutely hates it ... Maybe Samford is closer to home and for once they would like to play in front of their old friends...

You don't know anything but your own opinions on the subject... (Neither do I) But I'm not gunna say a kid won't choose school x over school z

Both of those are ex-post conclusions. The ex-ante conclusion of many of those people was that the third year's team only would be marginally better than the second year's team. 10 more wins in 34 games was not "marginally" better.

Similarly, your evidence of online ratings to promote your view is also problematic. Elijah Hawkins was unrated by 247 as a transfer to here in 2023. His ex-post rating as a transfer out this season is very high (.94). Either he had one of the greatest one-year improvements in recent history or the online "experts" simply missed the boat. Patterson is unrated by 247 as a transfer this season. That is absurd for a player who started most games played during the last three seasons, was a double figure per game scorer for the past two seasons and was second team all-conference in a pretty fair league for his most recent year.
Good post.

The ratings, like most ratings in my life, per my experience, are simply subjective.

There’s also no way anyone has watched multiple games of all the portal players either.

So you don't know.. Texas may offer as a plan c.... Kid may not have the transferable credits etc etc etc etc etc.... maybe the kid goes and visits Texas and absolutely hates it ... Maybe Samford is closer to home and for once they would like to play in front of their old friends...

You don't know anything but your own opinions on the subject... (Neither do I) But I'm not gunna say a kid won't choose school x over school z
If all things are equal, he will choose Texas over Samford, I am saying that as fact. Of course there are things that could get in the way of that as you mentioned, Texas offering as a backup or credits. But that's not what I said to begin with and you've changed the goalposts. If things are equal, as presented, he would choose Texas over Samford, you're being obtuse.

If all things are equal, he will choose Texas over Samford, I am saying that as fact. Of course there are things that could get in the way of that as you mentioned, Texas offering as a backup or credits. But that's not what I said to begin with and you've changed the goalposts. If things are equal, as presented, he would choose Texas over Samford, you're being obtuse.

Attachments

• 82ISRvg.jpeg
    82ISRvg.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 8

Both of those are ex-post conclusions. The ex-ante conclusion of many of those people was that the third year's team only would be marginally better than the second year's team. 10 more wins in 34 games was not "marginally" better.

Similarly, your evidence of online ratings to promote your view is also problematic. Elijah Hawkins was unrated by 247 as a transfer to here in 2023. His ex-post rating as a transfer out this season is very high (.94). Either he had one of the greatest one-year improvements in recent history or the online "experts" simply missed the boat. Patterson is unrated by 247 as a transfer this season. That is absurd for a player who started most games played during the last three seasons, was a double figure per game scorer for the past two seasons and was second team all-conference in a pretty fair league for his most recent year.
Would Hawkins numbers look comparable to Patterson?W

Terrible!!!

Because no one is choosing Samford over Texas if they have the option to go to both for athletics.

You didn't say if all things were equal. If they had the option to go to both for athletics they would choose Texas...
What it Texas was a walk on opportunity... Your post says nothing bout being equal or scholorships. Im just saying there are reasons kids go to a, b, or c school.

So then by definition you don't know who is and who is not "in the mix" you are just making assumptions based on nothing.

Most likely all things are not equal. If the big schools had made an actual offer he would have made a choice already. Most likely they did not they just talked to him hence "receiving interest". So the schools you dismiss are definitely not there just as filler they are as likely right now as any of the bigger schools.

Ridiculous!
I hear the winters are brutal at Florida Atlantic!
I’m still hoping we use that last scholarship on a wing. DeSean Eikens is probably the best realistic option for us. Would not be upset if we added Glenn Taylor Jr either

You didn't say if all things were equal. If they had the option to go to both for athletics they would choose Texas...
What it Texas was a walk on opportunity... Your post says nothing bout being equal or scholorships. Im just saying there are reasons kids go to a, b, or c school.
There is a clear implication in the statement "No one is picking Samford over Texas", that implication is that the offers are equal. That is rudimentary literacy skill, reading between the lines for what the sentence is saying. One should not have to enumerate every single thing to be understood for what they're meaning.

There is a clear implication in the statement "No one is picking Samford over Texas", that implication is that the offers are equal. That is rudimentary literacy skill, reading between the lines for what the sentence is saying. One should not have to enumerate every single thing to be understood for what they're meaning.
I can imply lots of shit. Doesn't make it true...

Top Bottom