Gopher Loyalty Program - how many years does it take to get something better than a used washcloth?

I've had season tickets for 20 years and I am ranked somewhere in the 4,000s, which is in the top 25%, and I don't get most of the elite selections.

Does anyone know if the Gopher Loyalty Program still gives us free tix to the non-rev sports?see I think this is wrong! For a season ticket holder for 20 years
See, I don’t agree with this….for someone that had been a season ticket holder for 20 years should DEFINITELY be in the top 10% and lower than in the 4000s!

You’ve been loyal for 20 years!

I’ve been a season ticket holder for ZERO years and just because I support the football program with money, get to be under a 1,000 for Gopher points AND get invited to all sorts of unique experiences AND showered with a bunch of gifts?

I don’t know, I feel that season ticket holders should weight more with Gophers points than money donors!

See, I don’t agree with this….for someone that had been a season ticket holder for 20 years should DEFINITELY be in the top 10% and lower than in the 4000s!

You’ve been loyal for 20 years!

I’ve been a season ticket holder for ZERO years and just because I support the football program with money, get to be under a 1,000 for Gopher points AND get invited to all sorts of unique experiences AND showered with a bunch of gifts?

I don’t know, I feel that season ticket holders should weight more with Gophers points than money donors!
Money always wins. The wealthy doesn't pay their share of taxes, so they have more money to spend easily. Loyalty is a thing of the past.

Also not sure what people want for these loyalty rewards. I’m happy with whatever. Done the recruit for a day, toured all the facilities, pre-game talks with Pitino, other “insider” stuff and I’m just a regular. Now I do stuff with my kid. Not donating more than a car payment per year. Having season tickets. The program seems pretty fair and adequate to me.

Also not sure what people want for these loyalty rewards. I’m happy with whatever. Done the recruit for a day, toured all the facilities, pre-game talks with Pitino, other “insider” stuff and I’m just a regular. Now I do stuff with my kid. Not donating more than a car payment per year. Having season tickets. The program seems pretty fair and adequate to me.
Yeah they are nice benefits.

It’s rough when the folks see them but don’t get to pick some.

Yeah they are nice benefits.

It’s rough when the folks see them but don’t get to pick some.

No doubt. Been there. But it’s not like the top stuff is THAT great. If someone is upset about their level go get tickets to a cheap non-revenue sport, select the 25 points, etc and you’ll jump up quick.

My biggest gripe with the gopher score is that it isn’t dollars spent. I spent $400 extra for Nebraska tickets. I get zero “loyalty” benefit. I’ve bought 20 tickets to games and received nothing. Should add total spent as a way to earn points

No doubt. Been there. But it’s not like the top stuff is THAT great. If someone is upset about their level go get tickets to a cheap non-revenue sport, select the 25 points, etc and you’ll jump up quick.

My biggest gripe with the gopher score is that it isn’t dollars spent. I spent $400 extra for Nebraska tickets. I get zero “loyalty” benefit. I’ve bought 20 tickets to games and received nothing. Should add total spent as a way to earn points
Yeah the math is interesting.

Hopefully the tunnel team and on field stuff is available for most folks. Those seem like they could have a lot of people do it and ... IMO it's a lot of bang for the buck.

I split a 20-game Twins season ticket package and even I get 15% off all concessions (food, drink, alcohol, merchandise) at all Twins games.

Would be nice for the Gophers to do something similar.

As much as I hate some the baseball-side decisions the Twins have made lately, the Gophers could learn a lot from the Twins in terms of marketing, in-game production, and stadium experience.

Honestly what I would want is just the chance to upgrade a single game to Cambria Club without a stupid cost. It's a fun experience to feel like a big shot.

I will preface it that I have had season tix in my name for almost 10 years (no credit for when I was part of a group for the 15 before that), donate what is required (chairback seats at the 10 yd line/lower bowl). Currently I am in the low 5000s.

As a football season ticket holder only, it would be nice if they threw in a pair of tickets to the other revenue sports (basketball or hockey) based on availability of course. They have plenty of inventory.

As far as the really cool things, like a seat upgrade to a suite or club I wouldn't expect that every year but feels like there would be some way for us non-big hitters (but still in the top 20-40% of the ranking) could get that benefit once in a 5-7 year span.

Money always wins. The wealthy doesn't pay their share of taxes, so they have more money to spend easily. Loyalty is a thing of the past.
Fake narrative. This is what I got when I asked Google taxes on 1 million dollar income.

The total bill is is $360,608 or about 36% in taxes on a million dollars when earned in one calendar year.

Fake narrative. This is what I got when I asked Google taxes on 1 million dollar income.

The total bill is is $360,608 or about 36% in taxes on a million dollars when earned in one calendar year.
Actual tax liability is a lot different than a Google search (that I’m not sure you read closely)…

I have no interest in the general topic here but… bruh…

Last edited:

Asking physician on fire is about the worst place to ask. But pay attention to the end of the article where he releases his return

“We didn’t have a million dollars of income in 2019, but our total income exceeded half a million while our taxable income was less than $250,000. See the full breakdown in our 2019 tax return reveal. If you want to predict your tax situation, I recommend this outstanding tax planning tool that I use to fine-tune my taxable income.”

He paid 50k in taxes with a total income of $522k

Asking physician on fire is about the worst place to ask. But pay attention to the end of the article where he releases his return

“We didn’t have a million dollars of income in 2019, but our total income exceeded half a million while our taxable income was less than $250,000. See the full breakdown in our 2019 tax return reveal. If you want to predict your tax situation, I recommend this outstanding tax planning tool that I use to fine-tune my taxable income.”

He paid 50k in taxes with a total income of $522k
I never heard of the website. Like I said was the first return on Google. I assume a physician would have a lot of business expenses that could be written off. I owned restaurants and I was able to write off a lot of expenses.

Honestly what I would want is just the chance to upgrade a single game to Cambria Club without a stupid cost. It's a fun experience to feel like a big shot.

That’s fair. Voice these concerns. See what they say.

I will preface it that I have had season tix in my name for almost 10 years (no credit for when I was part of a group for the 15 before that), donate what is required (chairback seats at the 10 yd line/lower bowl). Currently I am in the low 5000s.

As a football season ticket holder only, it would be nice if they threw in a pair of tickets to the other revenue sports (basketball or hockey) based on availability of course. They have plenty of inventory.

As far as the really cool things, like a seat upgrade to a suite or club I wouldn't expect that every year but feels like there would be some way for us non-big hitters (but still in the top 20-40% of the ranking) could get that benefit once in a 5-7 year span.

I think they SHOULD reward STHers with tickets to available revenue sports. Pack the Barn for a Tuesday game against Directional State by giving 4000 tickets to football holders. Then do it against for the rematch against the next made up team. No one is attending those games. Then do it again. And again. Hockey? Not as familiar with the attendance but i know it’s rising. This is actually a really good idea.

I do use the free non-revenue sports tickets because my aforementioned kid does better in smaller venues. Less noise typically. Hoping to get him to 15 events this school year—and only 3 will be revenue sports (1 football, 1 men’s hoops and 1 men’s hockey). He loves baseball games. We can do women’s hockey. Etc. I’ll bring snacks and get him a souvenir. Fun day with him and my cost is minimal.

I think they SHOULD reward STHers with tickets to available revenue sports. Pack the Barn for a Tuesday game against Directional State by giving 4000 tickets to football holders. Then do it against for the rematch against the next made up team. No one is attending those games. Then do it again. And again. Hockey? Not as familiar with the attendance but i know it’s rising.
Even most Big 10 Men's basketball games have several thousand empty seats. Throw other sports season ticket holders a bone (or opportunity to buy real cheap), would seem like a win-win opportunity.

Yes, hockey is much less inventory currently then in recent history but even with that there are still a lot of less desirable games with lots of empty seats or plenty of standing room.

I never heard of the website. Like I said was the first return on Google. I assume a physician would have a lot of business expenses that could be written off. I owned restaurants and I was able to write off a lot of expenses.
He donated 150k which is where his major deduction was (which he had from the business that his website is where he collects money from users as “donations” that he then gives charitably as a write off). The rest is lost money on investments. Physicians have a much harder time now than in the past writing things off as they’ve become employees more and more of large businesses, hence the whole of why it’s a more challenging place to just pull the numbers. As you allude to, business owners have an easier time with this which is what the original commenter I think is referencing in mentioning the paying of taxes.

I chose 3 things my kid will like.

1. Movie at the stadium
2. Ice painting at Mariucci
3. Post game photo op after a football game.

Can’t buy these—and my score is fairly high due to being a STHer for several sports. Pretty fun for him and gets him into the gophers more—hopefully!
My complaint... I have three kids and didn't have many good options so I thought fine I will get them each a kids club membership which basically amounts to nothing anyway. I could only select 1. I called and said I have 3 selections and want to get 3 kids club memberships they said I could only select 1 because they didn't want to run out of them. I was like WTF. You're giving me a $25 membership that includes a t-shirt, beanie, free admission to non-revenue sports, 15% off discount to Golden Gophers Fan Shop (that I get also through my season tickets), a monthly newsletter, and downloadable activities. You couldn't just let me pick 3 of them so I don't have to listen to my kids fight? Sorry vent over.

My complaint... I have three kids and didn't have many good options so I thought fine I will get them each a kids club membership which basically amounts to nothing anyway. I could only select 1. I called and said I have 3 selections and want to get 3 kids club memberships they said I could only select 1 because they didn't want to run out of them. I was like WTF. You're giving me a $25 membership that includes a t-shirt, beanie, free admission to non-revenue sports, 15% off discount to Golden Gophers Fan Shop (that I get also through my season tickets), a monthly newsletter, and downloadable activities. You couldn't just let me pick 3 of them so I don't have to listen to my kids fight? Sorry vent over.

That’s wild. I order those memberships every year but not sure why they’d cap the “free” ones. I do not defend the university often. The fan experience is abysmal.

Amusing observation.

When they issued tickets I got the Gopher Fund Update email and I had fallen.... clearly I was a bad person and deserved it. /s

Then today I moved up compared to last month.

I suspect some small donation I made lagged and finally showed up. I think, or Goldy blessed me with something ...

🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

I've had season tickets for 20 years and I am ranked somewhere in the 4,000s, which is in the top 25%, and I don't get most of the elite selections.

Does anyone know if the Gopher Loyalty Program still gives us free tix to the non-rev sports?
Most, not volleyball or softball

I have the same complaint regarding the kids club selection. for something as cheap as the kids membership, why can't I order more than one? how are they going to run out?

In my first year of season ticket holder status back in the Metrodome, I got a coupon for a free long sleeve tshirt. It was a simple task to turn in the coupon to pick up my tshirt at the first game.

I enjoyed that far more than the current loyalty program.

I used to get all excited when it was my “turn”, only to realize I was nowhere near most anything I’d be interested in. So now I just ignore it and daydream of long sleeve tshirts.

I have the same complaint regarding the kids club selection. for something as cheap as the kids membership, why can't I order more than one? how are they going to run out?
It is literally impossible to run out. So frustrating. The best part was I think the only thing my kids would really think was cool was the Goldy bag tag - you get one in the kids membership, I then used another selection on the bag tag, and now I can't get another one anywhere. 2 bag tags, 3 kids... what could possibly go wrong... I am sure my kids would love sharing with each other.

It is literally impossible to run out. So frustrating. The best part was I think the only thing my kids would really think was cool was the Goldy bag tag - you get one in the kids membership, I then used another selection on the bag tag, and now I can't get another one anywhere. 2 bag tags, 3 kids... what could possibly go wrong... I am sure my kids would love sharing with each other.
This seems like something you should send to the AD. Bet he would pay attention and help you plus possibly help correct it for the future.

I agree.

Having said that i wonder if this is a budgeting thing. Goldy's Kids Club has a budget and giving all their stuff away to the loyalty program is not why they exist so they do need X number of paying members to make it work.

To us the U or at least U Athletics is all one org. Inside there's various initiatives and so on. Folks running the Kids Club would be understandably resistant / not able to comply with "lol just give us all the memberships for free so we can give them away".

From personal experence I can say that's almost how many large University IT departments work(ed) in the past and it was a disaster....

I always just take the gopher points and kids club membership every year. I'm about 9,000. No season tickets. Just donate $100-$200 every year during double points weekends.

You can pay $20 for a goldy kids club membership.

In my first year of season ticket holder status back in the Metrodome, I got a coupon for a free long sleeve tshirt. It was a simple task to turn in the coupon to pick up my tshirt at the first game.

I enjoyed that far more than the current loyalty program.

I used to get all excited when it was my “turn”, only to realize I was nowhere near most anything I’d be interested in. So now I just ignore it and daydream of long sleeve tshirts.
It does sort of feel like walking up to a chucky cheese prize counter with aprox 42,000 tickets and getting a rabbit's foot.

Top Bottom