Gopher Loyalty Program - how many years does it take to get something better than a used washcloth?

Mr. 131

Reaction score
So the Gopher's Loyalty program is a benefit to season ticket holders, so this question is directed at all you season ticket holders.

I'm only in my second year - and I expect it will take quite a while to build up my gopher score. That said, I was surprised at how thoroughly sold out all the best benefits are already.

Realistically how many years of seasons tickets does it take to open up the better rewards such as Club Cambria single-game upgrades?

Depends on score, years factor into that but giving influences score too.

So any given year you could in theory fallback in line even, depending on others actions.

Personally I cherish my gameday used by PJ on his head buffing wash cloth…

I have access to the seat upgrade, never used it. I like my seats, the club seats are nice but a little high up “height wise” for my taste.

Way up there it is hard to see the plebs and feel superior to them like I can from my seats 🧐🎩

Depends on score, years factor into that but giving influences score too.

So any given year you could in theory fallback in line even, depending on others actions.

Personally I cherish my gameday used by PJ on his head buffing wash cloth…

I have access to the seat upgrade, never used it. I like my seats, the club seats are nice but a little high up “height wise” for my taste.

Way up there it is hard to see the plebs and feel superior to them like I can from my seats 🧐🎩
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ's head buffing cloth was already sold out, but I'm trying to broker a viewing.

I just take the tunnel or field access every year and end up not using it. Probably should just add all my choices to +25 gopher score to be honest

So the Gopher's Loyalty program is a benefit to season ticket holders, so this question is directed at all you season ticket holders.

I'm only in my second year - and I expect it will take quite a while to build up my gopher score. That said, I was surprised at how thoroughly sold out all the best benefits are already.

Realistically how many years of seasons tickets does it take to open up the better rewards such as Club Cambria single-game upgrades?
I agree.... my wife no longer wants the calendar we qualify for, and "skate with the Gopher women" team does not interest me.

Thought about taking field access vs. Michigan, but I have done this several times, plus I am counting on being on the field after this one with 50,000 others anyway.

I just take the tunnel or field access every year and end up not using it. Probably should just add all my choices to +25 gopher score to be honest
Post game field access is pretty easy and fun.

Pre game you have to get their early but you get to see players too.

I agree.... my wife no longer wants the calendar we qualify for, and "skate with the Gopher women" team does not interest me.

Thought about taking field access vs. Michigan, but I have done this several times, plus I am counting on being on the field after this one with 50,000 others anyway.
That was my exact thought! "If we beat Michigan, I'll be on the field!"

Let’s just say, I am in the 3rd group to select and I could not get a big ten game in Cambria seats. So your answer is a looooooong time.

I've had season tickets for 20 years and I am ranked somewhere in the 4,000s, which is in the top 25%, and I don't get most of the elite selections.

Does anyone know if the Gopher Loyalty Program still gives us free tix to the non-rev sports?

I've had season tickets for 20 years and I am ranked somewhere in the 4,000s, which is in the top 25%, and I don't get most of the elite selections.

Does anyone know if the Gopher Loyalty Program still gives us free tix to the non-rev sports?
28 years and sitting around 4000. Top prize for me is the calendar.
Only additional "donations" I have made were incorporated by Mega Tongue.
I'd like to know what Yah he (?) gets!

Exactly the context I needed - so now I know the elite rewards are never going to be in reach for me!

The only way to really move up is to donate big bucks. If you are of retirement age and doing planning for where your proceeds might go at death, a legacy gift directed to one of the sports (meaning it pays when you are deceased) is treated the same way as real dollars being donated.

Last edited:

I split a 20-game Twins season ticket package and even I get 15% off all concessions (food, drink, alcohol, merchandise) at all Twins games.

Would be nice for the Gophers to do something similar.

As much as I hate some the baseball-side decisions the Twins have made lately, the Gophers could learn a lot from the Twins in terms of marketing, in-game production, and stadium experience.

I split a 20-game Twins season ticket package and even I get 15% off all concessions (food, drink, alcohol, merchandise) at all Twins games.

Would be nice for the Gophers to do something similar.

As much as I hate some the baseball-side decisions the Twins have made lately, the Gophers could learn a lot from the Twins in terms of marketing, in-game production, and stadium experience.
Your Gopher Loyalty Card gets you $5 off a $25 purchase at the concession stands (not including alcohol).

Every purchase. Make sure you tell them before you order. They staff with a lot of temps and volunteers and not everybody knows the program.

Maybe I need to learn the program! I wasn't aware of this either!

Every purchase. Make sure you tell them before you order. They staff with a lot of temps and volunteers and not everybody knows the program.
Yep. They have a gopher loyalty program member card you can download to show them as well

Use Your Gopher Loyalty Program membership card to take advantage of these Base Package benefits!

Gopher Sports Pass

Present your mobile Gopher Loyalty Program membership card at any regular season home athletic event throughout the 2023-24 academic year to gain free admittance for two (2) at the following sports:

Baseball (Siebert Field only), Cross Country (Men's and Women's), Gymnastics, Soccer, Swimming & Diving (Men's and Women's), Track & Field (Men's and Women's), Women's Hockey and Wrestling

Gopher Concession Stand Discount
Present your Gopher Loyalty Program Membership Card prior to ordering at a Gopher Athletics Concession stand and receive a discount of $5 on any order of $25 or more!

Exclusions: Discount is not valid on beer and wine sales. Membership card must be presented prior to placing an order.

Anyone hear any rumors about expanding the benefits to scrub brushes, maybe exfoliating rocks ...?

I'd like to complete my collection.

Ok well that's good then. I'm on the Gopher pass now so I don't get those benefits. I dropped my season tickets when Teague proposed nearly doubling my ticket price (over a 3-year span). Those benefits didn't exist back then but glad to see they've done something.

I'm on year 8, I've either added to my score or once I got the calendar.

Ok well that's good then. I'm on the Gopher pass now so I don't get those benefits. I dropped my season tickets when Teague proposed nearly doubling my ticket price (over a 3-year span). Those benefits didn't exist back then but glad to see they've done something.
I switched to the cheap seats, $249 and I'm pretty happy with them TBH

outside of the no seatback, I do miss that

I chose 3 things my kid will like.

1. Movie at the stadium
2. Ice painting at Mariucci
3. Post game photo op after a football game.

Can’t buy these—and my score is fairly high due to being a STHer for several sports. Pretty fun for him and gets him into the gophers more—hopefully!

I chose 3 things my kid will like.

1. Movie at the stadium
2. Ice painting at Mariucci
3. Post game photo op after a football game.

Can’t buy these—and my score is fairly high due to being a STHer for several sports. Pretty fun for him and gets him into the gophers more—hopefully!
Kids love being on the field. At least my youngest does.

Been a season ticket holder since the program was initiated (and long before that). Unless you dump a boatload more money on the program you shouldn't expect more than a case of Royal Crown and a Royal Crown cooler!

Top Bottom