Gopher hole home page ad? Are you serious?

Reaction score
What's up with the obvious slam to the Gophers with Bielema, the W in that ad on the home page of the football forum? Did someone hack in?

Check the stickied thread at the top of the forum. It's part of a bet made with the Badger equivalent of the Gopher Hole.

Yes, we'll have all year to think about our banner for next year.

If it's any consolation - I tried to plant the seed for them to do the same for basketball too - I think we have a better shot at that! I would give Tubby my 1st born if he'd sweep them again!

Hint at removing

Use Firefox with AdBlock Plus plugin, and you don't have to see Butt-Boy Bulimia's face. It's treated like an advertisement and removed/blocked from the page.

I had to see it one time, so I used another browser.

the main thing i found frustrating about this whole banner deal gopherlady made....

is that she somehow saw fit to let southfew (the beckyville mod) and beckyville set practically all of the terms. imo - not a good showing by the gopherhole in terms of "negotiating skills".

basically all of the terms (what it can contain, how long and when it will be up, etc.) were developed by beckyville posters. they then sent them over to gopherlady - green bay avitar and all.....sorry i still find it hard internally to trust folks who root for the green bay pukers ;) - and it seems that she basically just said sure without any back and forth. tell me i missed something along the way gopher lady and that is not how this messed up "deal" went down! ;)

is that she somehow saw fit to let southfew (the beckyville mod) and beckyville set practically all of the terms. imo - not a good showing by the gopherhole in terms of "negotiating skills".

basically all of the terms (what it can contain, how long and when it will be up, etc.) were developed by beckyville posters. they then sent them over to gopherlady - green bay avitar and all.....sorry i still find it hard internally to trust folks who root for the green bay pukers ;) - and it seems that she basically just said sure without any back and forth. tell me i missed something along the way gopher lady and that is not how this messed up "deal" went down! ;)

I'm just a visitor, but in my short time here I feel comfortable betting that Gopher Lady has a lot more board credibility than Bronko.

Actually, the bet they presented was for a month - I had a feeling we'd lose yesterday so we proposed a week. Not sure why you have a problem with the rules we agreed on - they would have had the exact same size and timeframe if we would have won. All of us (all the mods) agreed on it. Quite frankly, I work about 80 hours a week, squeeze GH, school, and other volunteer stuff in instead of sleeping (like now), and didn't really have time to debate the pixels and size of the banner.

Sorry you had a problem with that, and the fact I'm a Packer fan. Quite frankly, that means that I'm loyal, not a fairweather fan, because that's not how I was raised in WI. Lamebeau has been sold out since 1960, and when I was growing up, we were horrible...but that doesn't matter, because you stick by your team. That's what I've done with the Gophers...I can't believe I have to defend that to you.

I hope your making them PAY for that AD!:mad:

A bet is a bet but I would suggest not making any more bets while Brewster is our head coach. Tubby? Sure. Brewster? No way. He wins about 20% of his games. Not good odds.

I'm just a visitor, but in my short time here I feel comfortable betting that Gopher Lady has a lot more board credibility than Bronko.

This might be the best post of the week!

wow! the "three little pigs" all came out to play (snowman, mnch and our resident fuddy dud monk). everyone pat each other on the back now. :rolleyes:

Bronk.....

Gopher Lady is a "wolf in sheeps clothing" when it comes to the Badger's and Gopher's. Don't let the "Green Bay" response from her derail your thinking. She is a diehard, loyal, skunk and only her job prevents her from saying so. She would lend more credibility if she would just come out and admit it.

wow! the "three little pigs" all came out to play (snowman, mnch and our resident fuddy dud monk). everyone pat each other on the back now. :rolleyes:

Good luck with Purdue Bronk. Your boys should win, but losses like this have a strange way of derailing things. At least your Gophers didn't get to a phallic 6-0 and talking Rose Bowl this year like you guys were last year.

Especially good luck with PSU and Iowa. ESPN sure did put some added pressure on those two games. I do like the finish on the new trophy cases though.

Top Bottom