Gopher Hockey Recruiting

Fisher from CDH should now be a target to fill the forward gap for next season.

Granato out.

Broken NLI needed: Whitelaw
Transfer portal: Stramel, come on down

Can’t see any of these guys leaving for Madison
I could see all of those but Carle is a stretch. That said UW probably has much deeper pockets than Denver so anything can happen. As much as I don't want to admit it, the right guy could turn that ship around pretty quickly and the Badgers won't suck forever. That's still a highly desirable coaching job.

I could see all of those but Carle is a stretch. That said UW probably has much deeper pockets than Denver so anything can happen. As much as I don't want to admit it, the right guy could turn that ship around pretty quickly and the Badgers won't suck forever. That's still a highly desirable coaching job.
Steve Rohlik makes the most sense if OSU messes up their arena and doesn’t include the men in it. I can’t see hasting leaving MSU or Larson leaving SCSU. I also think it’s a stretch to get alumni from current jobs. Of course money talks.

Steve Rohlik makes the most sense if OSU messes up their arena and doesn’t include the men in it. I can’t see hasting leaving MSU or Larson leaving SCSU. I also think it’s a stretch to get alumni from current jobs. Of course money talks.
Money talks and they could recruit more high end players to UW. Larson and Hastings have done great at installing good systems and having players play within that system, but elite talent is still critical.

It would take a monster raise to get me to leave a good job and living in Denver for Madison

It would take a monster raise to get me to leave a good job and living in Denver for Madison
Same, but I bet he would get a substantial raise. I was unable to find Carle’s salary with a quick search, but Granato was making $600k a year, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Carle is paid about half that much.

Red Savage and Sam Colangelo both in the portal. I would take both of them over a 5th year for Brodzinski 100 times out of 100. I'm worried Motzko may have already offered that year to him at the expense of two years out of one of those guys or players of a similar ilk that will hit the portal.

Red Savage and Sam Colangelo both in the portal. I would take both of them over a 5th year for Brodzinski 100 times out of 100. I'm worried Motzko may have already offered that year to him at the expense of two years out of one of those guys or players of a similar ilk that will hit the portal.
Great hockey name...I'd want him for the name alone...if he was an enforcer that name would be perfect! Clayton Stoner is probably the best ockey name I've seen.

Don’t you feel there will be other transfer out of the U that could free up a scholarship for them? I would love to have Colangelo, not worried he will already be committee before the gophers are done playing.

Don’t you feel there will be other transfer out of the U that could free up a scholarship for them? I would love to have Colangelo, not worried he will already be committee before the gophers are done playing.
I don't think a transfer out is all that likely because they're only carrying 14 forwards (usually 15), and Knies and Cooley are leaving.

I don't think a transfer out is all that likely because they're only carrying 14 forwards (usually 15), and Knies and Cooley are leaving.
Fair enough. I am always concerned about transfers out now as you just never know. I did not think Tristan Broz would have left after least year, but here we are.

He’s gone. If they are going to allow transfers then let’s have the portal after the season is over. The way it is now teams that are successful have a tougher time getting commitments.

He’s gone. If they are going to allow transfers then let’s have the portal after the season is over. The way it is now teams that are successful have a tougher time getting commitments.
Eh, it's not like Savage would have had a shortage of options. If he wanted to play for us or another tourney team he knew he could have waited. I think he has been coached by Nightingale in the past so I suppose MSU makes sense.

We'll end up with another year of Brodzinski and his great shot but slow feet and decision making which got massively exposed against Michigan.

Someone predicted it, can't remember where, but Issac Howard to the portal.

He gone…playing on the ncaa tournament hurts you in recruiting transfer guys.
He had a previous relationship with Nightingale. I suspect he was going there anyway. If he really wanted to play here or Michigan or wherever he knows he could wait.

He gone…playing on the ncaa tournament hurts you in recruiting transfer guys.
He could have waited. His offense hasn't seemed to translate in college at this point. Played a good amount and didn't really produce much.

He could have waited. His offense hasn't seemed to translate in college at this point. Played a good amount and didn't really produce much.

He maybe wasn't happy with his development at UMD, seeking out the help of Nightingale. Minnesota would have been a great destination too. Just look at the elite players for Minnesota.

UMD continues to slump after previous strong success.

Even though it makes a conference opponent stronger I can't be too upset about UMD taking a hit.
I remember last offseason the UMD clown that hangs out on GPL was trying to say he would be as good as Cooley lol.

Top Bottom