Gopher Hockey Recruiting

He looked like a different player this weekend, 100% credit to him

In the post game last night Bob Motzko said about Cooley ". . . next year he's even gonna take a bigger step with us." Not sure if that means anything, but seemed an interesting thing to say about a guy most of us assume is leaving after this year.

66 goals and 100 points for Eiserman. Second to hit 100 points in U17 year. (J. Hughes 116 pts)

How about this
22-23: Knies-Cooley-Snuggerud
23-24: Moore-Cooley-Snuggerud
24-25: Moore-Hagens-Eiserman
25-26: Let the other teams have a chance

Feels like a distant memory but when healthy 21-22 was actually Knies-Meyers-Lucius which could have been a top line in the country, too.

Last edited:

How about this
22-23: Knies-Cooley-Snuggerud
23-24: Moore-Cooley-Snuggerud
24-25: Moore-Hagens-Eiserman
25-26: Let the other teams have a chance

Feels like a distant memory but when healthy 21-22 was actually Knies-Meyers-Lucius which could have been a top line in the country, too.
Definitely a couple reload seasons coming up for runs to the championship.

The Big Three this summer are going to get some big NIL offers. Realistically we can hope and be happy if the Gophers get one of Hensler, Hagens, and Mooney.

The Big Three this summer are going to get some big NIL offers. Realistically we can hope and be happy if the Gophers get one of Hensler, Hagens, and Mooney.
If we get 1/3 and none go to UND I'm happy. Everything I hear indicates Hensler is a Michigan lean which sucks, but I have to think we have the upper hand on Mooney, and a fair shot at Hagens.

You need to find a way to offer this kid. Don't let him land at Michigan. Rud and Begley can be healthy scratches.

A kid like that, every coach in the country will find a way to make room for him. No reason we shouldn't be in the mix, but who knows.

You need to find a way to offer this kid. Don't let him land at Michigan. Rud and Begley can be healthy scratches.
I agree. We only have 2 RHD, who are both probably WJC bound, and could use another I think. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t use Begley’s spot for a right shot tbh but I’m sure they have something in the works.

but I’m sure they have something in the works.
I don't know about that. I think Begley was just them getting an 8th D man and they couldn't be picky about LH/RH at that point.

Moore goes 19 to Chicago. He can skate with Bedard... Perfect place for him to go.

Adam Gajan goes in the second round. Make a big NLI push to steal him from UMD.

Adam Gajan goes in the second round. Make a big NLI push to steal him from UMD.
Am I behind the times - I always thought NAHL was tier 2 juniors. What is a second round draft pick doing playing in that league?

Hendrickson round 4 pick 124 to Boston.

Clark and Mittelstadt still waiting, both a risk to be unpicked

Potential prospect: 6'4" drafted goalie playing in BCHL next season.

Townsend and Nevers go undrafted in their first go. Both were "old" 11th graders as opposed to most of the MN HS draft eligibles being seniors.

Danny Nelson was also an 11th grader but accelerated during the year. Hendrickson did that, too.

You do what you need to do to win a title.
You may be right but I don't think Bob is wired that way. Lots of goalies out there. Time will tell but I would bet he wouldn't go down that path unless Gajon decommitted first..

You may be right but I don't think Bob is wired that way. Lots of goalies out there. Time will tell but I would bet he wouldn't go down that path unless Gajon decommitted first..
There is no "gentlemen's agreement" anymore in college hockey, unless he has signed his NLI. I do not believe he has.

Top Bottom