Gopher Hockey Recruiting

Never mind he's already UMD bound. Fuck

Eiserman scores two more. For the U17 team, he has 31 in 30. This ties Kessel and Lucius.

Caufield: 44 in 40 - Will be hard to match
White: 33 in 47 - He's next
Eiserman: 31 in 30
Kessel: 31 in 32
Lucius: 31 in 46

If Townsend deserves his own thread, Eiserman deserves his own sub-forum.

You seem angrily obsessed about a Teddy thread. He was the Minnesota Bantam POY. What is the crime in following the kid's progress?

Not one of those recruits that makes you jump up in excitement but if he does a couple years in juniors he could be a nice complement to our high-end guys. Congrats Jackson and nice work Bob.
Perhaps someday all the players will be their 20's.

Anton Castro to uw... At this point have to assume Close will be back because the Gopher goalie pipeline (lack thereof) is baffling.

It makes total sense to bring Close back since I doubt he will have a lot of pro options. The lack of pipeline is disappointing. If Close does leave you'd think we'd be a prime spot for a goalie out of the portal but I'd rather not have that become the norm.

Passed over twice so probably not an NHL prospect. But yes, 6'3" is a good thing. Alright kid, let's see it...

Maybe they were waiting on the Castro decision?

Probably means official peace out to Pichora in the coming days or weeks.

Not sure if there's a separate thread for the ladies team, so I thought I'd post this update here. Ayla Puppe is a Junior that's already committed to play for the Gophers and is really having a great season. She's scored nearly half the goals for the Raiders, so whoever they're playing locks in on trying to stop her.

1675401302268.png

Top goaltender in BCHL. Don’t know anything about that league but the top scorers this year are low 1st/high 2nd round prospects per elite.

He has improved each year in the BCHL.

Top goaltender in BCHL. Don’t know anything about that league but the top scorers this year are low 1st/high 2nd round prospects per elite.

He has improved each year in the BCHL.
It's probably third or fourth best league for goalies behind USHL and NAHL

I would say Mat Robson is as close as we've been to an NHL type goalie lately and he played there with similar save numbers..

Anton Castro to uw... At this point have to assume Close will be back because the Gopher goalie pipeline (lack thereof) is baffling.
Wonder if his Uncle Justin from Ottawa helped recruit him for the Badgers?

Last edited:

Not sure Eiserman will put up Caufield goal numbers in college knowing he may not stay two years, but he should have a good shot at 20 (maybe 25) as a freshman.

U17
Caufield: 44 in 40
Eiserman: 37 in 37
White: 33 in 47
Kessel: 31 in 32
Lucius: 31 in 46

U17 year (including U18 games)
Caufield: 54 in 59
Kessel: 52 in 62 (not sure about this one)
Hughes: 40 in 60
Eiserman: 39 in 38
White: 34 in 55
Keller: 34 in 61

Still need two if not three forwards for next season...

Transfer portal I guess

Still need two if not three forwards for next season...

Transfer portal I guess
You'd think after seeing how good the Big Ten has been we could get some transfers from the NCHC or even out east. Shouldn't be too hard to convince someone to play at the U.

As expected, Eiserman is up to the U18 team.

Probably won't happen but a line of Eiserman-Moore-Hendrickson would be nice. And I still wonder if they are starting to think about bringing in Eiserman in the fall to address the above noted lack of forwards (and losing at least 2 out of 3 from the top line).

As expected, Eiserman is up to the U18 team.

Probably won't happen but a line of Eiserman-Moore-Hendrickson would be nice. And I still wonder if they are starting to think about bringing in Eiserman in the fall to address the above noted lack of forwards (and losing at least 2 out of 3 from the top line).
Is bringing him in early possible at this point? I assume he'd have to catch up on some school work?

Is bringing him in early possible at this point? I assume he'd have to catch up on some school work?
It's doubtful because he'd probably have to do summer school if he's not accelerating already, and the other problem is he would have to buy out his NTDP contract.

Assuming with Airey in the pipeline there was no room for him. Or he gophers just couldn’t get him.

Obviously there was room for him if he wanted to come.

Motzko said a couple seniors could be back next year. Obviously Staudacher is back but that means surely one or more of Nelson and Brodzinski will be back to fill the gap in forwards.

Motzko said a couple seniors could be back next year. Obviously Staudacher is back but that means surely one or more of Nelson and Brodzinski will be back to fill the gap in forwards.
I'd be surprised if Nelson is back. I think he gets a pro contract. BB makes more sense.
I'd also be ok with close coming back even if it means a Barto transfer out since Airey is in the system.

I'd be surprised if Nelson is back. I think he gets a pro contract. BB makes more sense.
I'd also be ok with close coming back even if it means a Barto transfer out since Airey is in the system.
Why give up on still unknown Barto for the unknown Airey kid...

Why give up on still unknown Barto for the unknown Airey kid...
Not that I want to give up on Barto by any means, just saying if Close comes back (which I'm open to), you have to think there's a good chance Barto looks around.

Ideally Close comes back, Barto backs him up and Airey is #3, but what are the odds everyone agrees to that?

Top Bottom