5* Hextall - MSU

UM: 3
BU: 2
BC: 2
UND: 1
MSU: 1
ND: 1

Last edited:

Mason Moe now a 4.5* at PP instead of 5*.

2007s
Mooney 5*
Kvasnicka 5*
Grimes 4.5*
Rombach 4*
Phillips 4*
Katz 3.5* (I don't understand this commitment, nor the Reid one)

Last edited:

#6 Matt Grimes, D: Grimes scored to make it 1-0 early in the first, with his wrister from center ice somehow going in. Beyond that, though, there was a ton to like. He hustled hard, landed some nice hits and was active on the rush, something you like to see from a mobile defenseman. I think Grimes was the best overall defender for the Americans today, winning most of his battles around the net.

Hurlbert to Michigan. Insane recruiting.

Hurlbert to Michigan. Insane recruiting.
Makes you wonder if they’ve got something set up in NIL to incentivize more or if Nauruto comes across as someone you want to play for in person more than he does on the bench

Makes you wonder if they’ve got something set up in NIL to incentivize more or if Nauruto comes across as someone you want to play for in person more than he does on the bench
They definitely do, and the player T shirts they created make the Gopher ones look like an amateur joke.

Garcia to ND.

5* 08 Update:
5* 99 - Hurlbert - UM
5* 98.5 - Berchild - N/A
5* 98.25 - Valentini - UM
5* 97.75 - Nyman - UM
5* 97.25 - Trottier - ND
5* 97 - Lawrence - BU
5* 96.75 - Stuart - N/A
5* 95.75 - Beuker - N/A
5* 95.25 - Bumgarner - UND
5* 95.5 - Malhotra - BU
5* 93.75 - Zajic - N/A
5* 93.5 - Garcia - ND
5* 91.75 - Mutryn - BC
5* 91.5 - Croskery - BC
5* Hextall - MSU

Stuart to DU. Wake up, Gopher staff. The longer we don't hear from Berchild...

5* 08 Update:
5* 99 - Hurlbert - UM
5* 98.5 - Berchild - N/A
5* 98.25 - Valentini - UM
5* 97.75 - Nyman - UM
5* 97.25 - Trottier - ND
5* 97 - Lawrence - BU
5* 96.75 - Stuart - DU
5* 96.5 - Hextall - MSU
5* 95.75 - Beuker - N/A (UND favorite)
5* 95.25 - Bumgarner - UND
5* 95.5 - Malhotra - BU
5* 93.75 - Zajic - N/A
5* 93.5 - Garcia - ND
5* 91.75 - Mutryn - BC
5* 91.5 - Croskery - BC

Hendrickson flipped to Uconn. So the Ivy League excuse is out the window. Motzko just missed on him twice. Can't wait to see who our next decent to good but not great 22 year old Canadian freshman goalie is.

Hendrickson flipped to Uconn. So the Ivy League excuse is out the window. Motzko just missed on him twice. Can't wait to see who our next decent to good but not great 22 year old Canadian freshman goalie is.
Did the Gophers even offer him? You throw around the term "missed" every time somebody doesn't sign with the Gophers. Truth is... you have no idea if they wanted him. Hard to miss when you aren't aiming at the target.

It's an internet message board. It's a bunch of people making predictions. I've seen enough good MN goalies do extremely well elsewhere, and enough of his game to predict he is going to have a very good college career and the Gophers should have offered him with the plan to play one year in the USHL.

Some would say the fact that he has committed to two lower tier programs is a sign that he’s not the goaltending god you think he is.

Say what you want about the recruiting but we have had pretty good goaltending throughout Bob’s tenure, but for some reason you’ve convinced yourself that a kid that apparently no big time program wants is the next Adam Wilcox.

Some would say the fact that he has committed to two lower tier programs is a sign that he’s not the goaltending god you think he is.

Say what you want about the recruiting but we have had pretty good goaltending throughout Bob’s tenure, but for some reason you’ve convinced yourself that a kid that apparently no big time program wants is the next Adam Wilcox.
Watch this year for the Gophers. I think goaltending will be a major problem. Close put up good stats with good to amazing teams in front of him, but had brutal games when it mattered most. Goalie recruiting has been very weak and if it's going to be weak I'd rather have Minnesotans.

It's an internet message board. It's a bunch of people making predictions. I've seen enough good MN goalies do extremely well elsewhere, and enough of his game to predict he is going to have a very good college career and the Gophers should have offered him with the plan to play one year in the USHL.
Doesn't change the fact that you have no idea if Bob "missed" on this kid. My guess... no Gopher offer.

Doesn't change the fact that you have no idea if Bob "missed" on this kid. My guess... no Gopher offer.
Missed could mean completely missed (if he turns out great) or offered and got passed over.

Gophers didn't miss out on much. Next offseason would be the time to make an add, and a better one than that. We'll see how it goes.

Bringing in Matthew Wood was the big move this season, can't have it all. Scarfone would have been the move if they missed on Wood. Go bigger than what they just passed on or wait.

Missed could mean completely missed (if he turns out great) or offered and got passed over.
Yeah it could mean that. And he would have "missed" along with every other Big Ten coach who didn't offer him. It's like when posters on GH criticized PJ Fleck for "missing" on Carson Wentz. I suppose... but that means every other every FBS program in the land missed on him too. Never offered him. Life is so easy when you look at it in hindsight. Not to mention, I bet Bob is a better talent evaluator than you are. Just a hunch.

Or their goalie pipelines are in better shape than the Gophers' which is a mess.

Top Bottom