Gopher Football storylines and questions this Spring

I have no questions about next years squad.
I am not going to search for it, but if there is a similar thread from last year, I’m sure it was filled with posts about how we “questioned” the defensive unit for this year. Worked out OK.
With the change at OC, I trust this staff completely.

Storylines? I can’t get there yet. I’m just going to spend the next couple of months enjoying a 6-3 conference record, another bowl game winning streak, and wait for the ambiguity of any info from the spring practices.

Last edited:

I have no questions about next years squad.
I am not going to search for it, but if there is a similar thread from last year, I’m sure it was filled with posts about how we “questioned” the defensive unit for this year. Worked out OK.
With the change at OC, I trust this staff completely.

Storylines? I can’t get there yet. I’m just going to spend the next couple of months enjoying a 6-3 conference record, another bowl game winning streak, and wait for the ambiguity of any info from the spring practices.
Yeah, there are always going to be questions or areas for concern heading into any season. Just the nature of college football with the way the rosters turn over and experienced players move on to the NFL or graduation.

The good thing now seems to be the general sense that we can fill holes with upcoming players or transfers. That hasn't always been the case.

He has a couple "wow" throws in the 2021 highlights.
Size, mobility, arm talent. Awesome to see those things on film for the next two QB's in the pipeline (Kalikmanis and & Knuth).

Excited for what the future holds at the QB position for this team. A lot goes into the position beyond physical tools, but having some of these tools opens new doors in the playbook.

Thanks for the great write-up Hungan1. My only issue is with the spring game. In the past I have been excited about the play of some players in the spring game and when fall comes around they don't see the field. Maybe its my untrained eye that limits my ability to evaluate players.

Excitement over Kaliakmanis' in order:
1) Multiple reads - doesn't lock in on one receiver
2) Mobility - comfortable in scramble
3) Throws well under pressure - even when flushed out of the pocket
4) Good arm - doesn't lob ball...put's it on a rope.
5) Confidence - this may be to his detriment with faster/disciplined linebackers of the B1G, but works for him now.

I really like this guy. Will add an additional element to the offense.

Excitement over Kaliakmanis' in order:
1) Multiple reads - doesn't lock in on one receiver
2) Mobility - comfortable in scramble
3) Throws well under pressure - even when flushed out of the pocket
4) Good arm - doesn't lob ball...put's it on a rope.
5) Confidence - this may be to his detriment with faster/disciplined linebackers of the B1G, but works for him now.

I really like this guy. Will add an additional element to the offense.
I'd say it's probably too early to tell about #1 (at the college level). Maybe he showed promise in HS, but college is a different animal.

Watching the highlights, Athan must have had a darn good OL, because he had a lot of time to throw. I did like the run where he hurdled a guy then took on the next tackler head-one.

Top Bottom