Gopher-EKU Game Thread

Our defense has improved in the 2nd. The offense has gotten some better looks as well but we still aren't hitting the shots.

So which Doyle comment was worse, "Canadian Assasin" or "Blake the Make?"

Tied for first, have a shot with me. Man this could be brutal on the home front here. These Christian Brothers are relentless.

No, Dr. Don....he said the Canadian Assassin, not Canadian Windsor. :)

Good thing Mbakwe's nickname isn't "The Manimal" or Doyle would be trying to compare him to a can of Manwich.

If anyone technically savvy is interested in putting together a Trevor and Rodney's best dunks montage for this season it would be pretty cool. ;)

2nd Half

Tied for first, have a shot with me. Man this could be brutal on the home front here. These Christian Brothers are relentless.

Ok Doc, in honor of both you and our opponent I will have a little Buffalo Trace bourbon.

A message ?

The Canadian Assassin? Really? Did Doyle just say that? New drinking game -- drink a shot everytime he says something dumb. Doubt u would remember the second half.

Idiot #2 said something like, "what kind of message was Tubby sending his first five with that 5 man sub in the first half". Idiot #2, Doyle, who I know has seen many Tubby games and must know Tubby is sending the message that about 15 minutes remain in the first half, went on like Tubby was subbing due to his unhappiness with the starters.

These guys should just STFU once in a while.

Sweet Jeebus!

Ok Doc, in honor of both you and our opponent I will have a little Buffalo Trace bourbon.

Not bad, Frink. But for sour mash, I choose Jack Daniels on the rocks. Old #7

But today, the Christian Brothers are visiting, and Jack is hiding in the cupboard. Decisions, decisions, decisions. :banghead:

Who is the big dude sitting next to Coach Kill behind the Gopher bench?

It's not his natural position but it's not like we have a better alternative. What'd you think of Devoe leading us to the tournament at the end of last year?

Watching this game has been like watching paint dry. Devoe I love you, but you can't play pg. We need Nolen back badly.

Are people off the Mo over Ralph bandwagon already? Didn't see that one ending quickly

Ralph

Ralph was better today but..

The two announcers said it best today about Ralph..

He has put up good numbers this year against "Directional Universities"- I have said Ralph will kill the 6'6 centers he has to be more consistent against better comp.

The Dufus Doyle pointed out 3 times that many of Ralph's hoops were from bad d and breakdowns. Ralph is a great dunker when no one is within 15 feet of him.

Radio announcers said it was a former Gopher linebacker sitting with Coach Kill.

Underground

Are people off the Mo over Ralph bandwagon already? Didn't see that one ending quickly

I'm on the Mo bandwagon to the same extent I was before in that I think he's got some nice potential but is still a freshman.

That's fair. A lot of people have been talking as if Mo should be playing over Ralph though.

I'm on the Mo bandwagon to the same extent I was before in that I think he's got some nice potential but is still a freshman.

Huh? He has double figures in 7 of 10 games. I don't care how he scores them. Do you think Mo should be playing over him?

Ralph was better today but..

The two announcers said it best today about Ralph..

He has put up good numbers this year against "Directional Universities"- I have said Ralph will kill the 6'6 centers he has to be more consistent against better comp.

The Dufus Doyle pointed out 3 times that many of Ralph's hoops were from bad d and breakdowns. Ralph is a great dunker when no one is within 15 feet of him.

This team is a tough to watch. They came out today with no energy, just walked into the gym and went thru the motions. Then they looked at the scoreboard and saw some cruddy team beating them by 9. Something happened then. They play tough defense for the next 15 minutes, looking like a top 25 team even though some shots weren't falling. Then they get a lead and relax once again.

How can a team give up 0 points(spectacular) in the first 10 minutes of the half and then turn around and give up 33(awful) the final 10 minutes?

It's like this team has a bit of success and it just gets to their heads. So inconsistent in terms of effort, even within a single game.

Top Bottom