Gopher Athletics Introduces Reimagined Game Day Experience

God bless them for continuing to try to find new ways to appeal to fans, but I will be shocked if this is succesful enough to last more than two seasons.

OK, I'll ask - how much does this "service" cost?

and then it becomes a question of whether the service provides enough value for the cost.

Some people may like the DIY approach. Others may appreciate being able to walk in and have everything prepared for them, but as I said, that usually comes with a fairly hefty price tag.

My gut tells me that this is being aimed at the more affluent section of the fan base.

......BTW, didn't Jerry Lewis do a movie called "The Bellhop?"

Here's the full season pricing:
Varsity (Up to 10 people): $2,500
Letterman (Up to 20): $5,000
All-American (Up to 30): $8,050
Club (Up to 40): $13,500

Varsity (Up to 10 people): $2,500
Letterman (Up to 20): $5,000
All-American (Up to 30): $8,050
Club (Up to 40): $13,500

that would buy a lot of beer and brats at Cub Foods. at those prices, they better have some damn good bellhops. (or female bellhops in "attractive" outfits)

Varsity (Up to 10 people): $2,500 $250 per person, at max occupancy
Letterman (Up to 20): $5,000 $250 per person, at max occupancy
All-American (Up to 30): $8,050 $268 per person, at max occupancy
Club (Up to 40): $13,500 $338 per person, at max occupancy

Not the best model.

Would seem to be roughly a similar thing to suites in the stadium?

I imagine there could be interest in businesses reserving one for the season, and having sales, etc. folks bring people to the "tailgate".

If I read it correctly, those prices don't actually include a single drop or ounce of booze, other drinks, or food. Again, about like a suite. That's all additional charges. Guessing they don't let you bring your own in, either.

This is not targeted at the people pulling a couple of trucks together and breaking out an old beat up grill to heat up some brats. It is a way to extend the game day experience without having to do all of the work. So 10 people to split the Varsity package is about $36/game + other expenses…. Not bad for a prime spot next to the stadium before and after the game.

Would seem to be roughly a similar thing to suites in the stadium?

I imagine there could be interest in businesses reserving one for the season, and having sales, etc. folks bring people to the "tailgate".

If I read it correctly, those prices don't actually include a single drop or ounce of booze, other drinks, or food. Again, about like a suite. That's all additional charges. Guessing they don't let you bring your own in, either.

Exactly. It's luxury suites, but if they were in a parking lot.

This is not targeted at the people pulling a couple of trucks together and breaking out an old beat up grill to heat up some brats. It is a way to extend the game day experience without having to do all of the work. So 10 people to split the Varsity package is about $36/game + other expenses…. Not bad for a prime spot next to the stadium before and after the game.
Yeah this is for hosting special folks and events.

Varsity (Up to 10 people): $2,500 $35.71/person/game
Letterman (Up to 20): $5,000 $35.71/person/game
All-American (Up to 30): $8,050 $38.33/person/game
Club (Up to 40): $13,500 $48.20/person/game
All of those are at full tailgates.

It looks like the Club package includes full media & booze.

I don’t get it. Even if I did I hope anyone or any entity contemplating dropping money for this first or concurrently sponsors incoming recruits and valued contributors with NIL deals. That will improve the game day experience.

All of those are at full tailgates.

It looks like the Club package includes full media & booze.
I think you just get more coolers, to store the booze/drinks that you have to order catered in through them.

It does say 3 cocktail .... tables. ;)

Can you bring your own booze and food? Or is it required to use their catering? I have seen this at several places I have been, the last being Colorado. It was a great setup.

Can you bring your own booze and food? Or is it required to use their catering? I have seen this at several places I have been, the last being Colorado. It was a great setup.
Yes, based on their user agreement at Michigan State, it looks like you can bring in your own food and beverages. (There isn't an agreement posted for Minnesota on their website yet that I saw.) The logistics of that might be a hassle since you aren't parking at the tailgate spot, so anything you bring in would have to be dropped off or carried in and then removed. They appear to have a "drop off" service at some locations, but they aren't responsible for guarding your stuff, so anything you wanted to secure would need to be returned to your vehicle during the games. It appears that some locations allow post-game tailgating while others may not.

Back at the end of the Dome days an acquaintance who's a realtor bought a catered suite for all the folks who bought a house using his services. Of course it was a business expense but the Billds certainly said yes to the invitation the two times it came forward. A good time except that practically no one was a fan. Still, great spread and drinks...

Yes, based on their user agreement at Michigan State, it looks like you can bring in your own food and beverages. (There isn't an agreement posted for Minnesota on their website yet that I saw.) The logistics of that might be a hassle since you aren't parking at the tailgate spot, so anything you bring in would have to be dropped off or carried in and then removed. They appear to have a "drop off" service at some locations, but they aren't responsible for guarding your stuff, so anything you wanted to secure would need to be returned to your vehicle during the games. It appears that some locations allow post-game tailgating while others may not.
Looking closer at the site (https://revelxp.com/minnesota) there indeed doesn't seem to be anything explicitly forbidding it. Rather, it just sets it up to appear as if it's a forgone conclusion that you'd want it to be catered and they're happy to set that all up for you.

As you note though, are you really going to lug in 10 pans of food with burners, serving utensils, cases of drinkgs, etc.? They aren't going to setup, clean, or take down any of that stuff. I suppose you could pay the catering company to do it, but if you're going to spend that much you might well just do it through them.

Looking closer at the site (https://revelxp.com/minnesota) there indeed doesn't seem to be anything explicitly forbidding it. Rather, it just sets it up to appear as if it's a forgone conclusion that you'd want it to be catered and they're happy to set that all up for you.

As you note though, are you really going to lug in 10 pans of food with burners, serving utensils, cases of drinkgs, etc.? They aren't going to setup, clean, or take down any of that stuff. I suppose you could pay the catering company to do it, but if you're going to spend that much you might well just do it through them.
Agreed, they certainly have their agreements set up so that it's far easier to work with them than to do it on your own.

$2,500 ÷ 10 =

calculating-computing.gif

Yeah, nice to see the options being added. As I've said for years, tailgating is based on what you are willing to put into it. I have a couple I attend and bring some quality beverages to add to their stock. Works out well. I've also just showed up with some beverages and it didn't take long to join someone's and make a friend or two.

Am I missing where it shows how many drink/food selections you get in each package? What if you typically have 10 and have a couple from out of town show up for a game?

Top Bottom