Good news out of hogland?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...k-to-New-Y?urn=ncaaf,183266#remaining-content

'...Iowa running back Jewel Hampton, survivor of an ACL scare last month, was on track to move into Shonn Greene's position as the next breakout star in the Hawkeye backfield. After missing Saturday's practice with the third separate flare-up in the same knee since the end of last season, though, that transition is in some doubt:

"He injured his leg two days ago and he’s going to be off it for a little bit," coach Kirk Ferentz said. "We’ll just take it day by day."

Hampton’s status for the Hawkeyes’ Sept. 5 opener against Northern Iowa is uncertain.

"We’ll just have to see what happens," Ferentz said. "It’s really hard to say at this point."'

Another good sign that vengeance is in order for November 21.

I just hope this post didn't just jinx us...

knowing that their in a rb mess is good news to me.

If Iowa's line stays healthy, it doesn't really matter if their RB situation is a mess. I could run for 1000 yards behind that line. It will likely be the best or second best line in the Big Ten.

So, as long as some of you are really trying to stay classy, you might just as well hope they get an O-linemen or two injured, too. That will give us a real good shot at vengeance at Kinnick Stadium. Who cares about the 20-year olds (some with NFL earning potential) and their injuries as long as we 40-year old fans are happy, right?

I am more of a Glückschmerz type guy myself...[go ahead and type that into your interwebs all you young PolSci disciples and take the vocab++ for the day ;)]

frozengopher I have allowed my hate of Iowa to transcend a mere chant so I won't judge. Being happy not to face Hampton? Hardly a Roman Holiday.

I can only say that is a sweet avatar you found.

So the equation is:

Good news out of hogland? = I'll take a win at any cost besides cheating = "lighthearted jab" at Iowee's RB situation

just so we're all clear.

And I love how the prevailing consensus is that the dickwads from Madison and IC say worse things about us, so what we say is fair game. This place just keeps getting classier and classier. Way to aspire to the level of a Badgers or Hawkeyes fan, fellas.

I forgot to ask yesterday, what is "puple"? Is that the color like violet, or the hole in the center of your eye?

On a side note, Jewel Hampton was a 2 star recruit. Pretty good diamond in the rough.

Top Bottom