Good news out of hogland?

frozengopher

Devious and Conniving Member
Reaction score
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...k-to-New-Y?urn=ncaaf,183266#remaining-content

'...Iowa running back Jewel Hampton, survivor of an ACL scare last month, was on track to move into Shonn Greene's position as the next breakout star in the Hawkeye backfield. After missing Saturday's practice with the third separate flare-up in the same knee since the end of last season, though, that transition is in some doubt:

"He injured his leg two days ago and he’s going to be off it for a little bit," coach Kirk Ferentz said. "We’ll just take it day by day."

Hampton’s status for the Hawkeyes’ Sept. 5 opener against Northern Iowa is uncertain.

"We’ll just have to see what happens," Ferentz said. "It’s really hard to say at this point."'

Another good sign that vengeance is in order for November 21.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but I have trouble thinking anyone's injury is good news, regardless of team.

Just wait 'til I post about dead babies in China. I'm glad you both missed the point.

Just wait 'til I post about dead babies in China. I'm glad you both missed the point.

You mean the one where you connect a player's injury to "vengeance" for last season? I'm not an idiot...I notice when a key player on an opponent is injured and I'll appreciate the benefits that might have for the Gophers. But connecting it to vengeance? It's not Jewel Hampton's fault that we played crappy and they kicked the snot out of us last year.

I know, posting on a message board is tough.

Anyone else care to be a moral entrepreneur, shake their finger at me, and win a humanitarian award for the day? Because it's not going to change my opinion. We're talking about a knee, not a life threatening, permanently debilitating injury, and I'll take a win at any cost besides cheating. If some have a problem with that, consider loosening the collar or ignoring me outright.

Vengeance is in order for November 21, you know, when we play Iowa. Read the post completely. Never stated Hampton's injury was vengeance for last season. Don't demonize me, sir.

Anyone else care to be a moral entrepreneur, shake their finger at me, and win a humanitarian award for the day? Because it's not going to change my opinion. We're talking about a knee, not a life threatening, permanently debilitating injury, and I'll take a win at any cost besides cheating. If some have a problem with that, consider loosening the collar or ignoring me outright.

You're digging yourself in deeper, son.

Go ahead and tell anyone that's had a major knee injury that it's not "permanently debilitating". Let me know how that goes for you.

Also, good job admitting that you take pleasure in seeing other people suffer. The Germans call it schadenfreude.

Also, good job admitting that you take pleasure in seeing other people suffer. The Germans call it schadenfreude.

Not this again...

Also, puple monkey dishwasher

Because it's not going to change my opinion. We're talking about a knee, not a life threatening, permanently debilitating injury, and I'll take a win at any cost besides cheating. If some have a problem with that, consider loosening the collar or ignoring me outright.

"digging deeper" was all I could think of but of course someone beat me to that. So, I'll go with a question... How many other members have joined you in the Tanya Harding fan club?

Vengeance is in order for November 21, you know, when we play Iowa. Read the post completely. Never stated Hampton's injury was vengeance for last season. Don't demonize me, sir.

Um, I got it the first time. And I never claimed that your original post said the injury was vengeance for last season. I pointed out that you tied a knee injury to future vengeance. You said:
Another good sign that vengeance is in order for November 21.
Your "good sign" that vengeance is in order was Hampton's knee injury. I didn't demonize you...You tied the two together yourself. If Hampton is out when we face Iowa and that benefits the Gophers I'm certainly not going to cry about it...I don't think most Gopher fans would. In a way you could probably say I'd be "happy". But I think its hilarious how you cite a college kids injured knee as a "good sign that vengeance is in order" and then start calling me a moralizer.

You're digging yourself in deeper, son.

Go ahead and tell anyone that's had a major knee injury that it's not "permanently debilitating". Let me know how that goes for you.

What do they call it in english? Because I live in the United States. Carry on, it's gotta be fun riding that high horse. I also wikipedia'd your word and found this sweet image http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Villainc.svg , I think I'll profile it just for you!

Not this again...

Also, puple monkey dishwasher

I LOVE puple monkey dishwater. I like your style. Thanks for being relatively unbiased throughout the thread.

"digging deeper" was all I could think of but of course someone beat me to that. So, I'll go with a question... How many other members have joined you in the Tanya Harding fan club?

Schnauzer, you haven't been much more than a yes man looking for acceptance from others throughout this whole thread, but carry on as well.

Gosh, it sure is fun with you guys! I love conversing with people who are so set in their morals and ideals that they couldn't interpret perspective if it smacked them in the face, then made character accusations when they felt threatened!

Carry on, it's gotta be fun riding that high horse.

I can honestly say I have never hoped for (nor took pleasure in) the pain and suffering of others.

The fact that you haven't denied that you do, and continue to try to provide justification, speaks volumes about your character.

Aside from all that, I'd rather beat a team at full strength, and deny them the built-in excuse of injury to explain away defeat.

Gosh, it sure is fun with you guys! I love conversing with people who are so set in their morals and ideals that they couldn't interpret perspective if it smacked them in the face, then made character accusations when they felt threatened!

Pot meet kettle. I don't need you suddenly agree with me. But I'm not going to sit back and let you accuse me of demonizing you when I all I did was point out why I thought you crossed the line. You have a different line, fair enough.

Was it good news last year when Northwestern came into the Dump minus their starting QB and RB? F'ing Joel Monroe.

Schnauzer, you haven't been much more than a yes man looking for acceptance from others throughout this whole thread, but carry on as well.

No, you were just an easy target for criticism. I'm not sure if you are an adult but equating a knee injury to a 20 year old kid with "good news" isn't the kind of behavior I'd expect from a fellow adult Gopher fan. I would have been done two posts ago but your continued hole digging is just too much "fun" to pass up. Well, a lot more fun than a football injury anyway.

Dig away. Oh, and one more thing... Will you be my friend?

jesus, little jumpy everyone. i took it as their rb situation is uncertain

Not cheering players getting injured is moral entrepreneur, shaking finger, humanitarian:cry:. Let's see, according to your standard your position is justified and should be shared and someone who does not go to that level is, ummm, oh horrors the accusation...moral!:eek:

I, I, I just don't know what to write now...my collar is just so tight...I'm choking...Ahhhh...bye cruel, cruel Gopherhole, oops, I mean world... (crroachhhhh - attempt at writing choking sound).:rolleyes:

Ding, ding..we have a winner of the D-Bag of the year award. Calls out others about not understanding his post and then incriminates himself by admitting that a KID's injury IS what he wants. Real Men of Genius....Mr. Hope for a kids injury in order to win because I am a D-Bag!!!!

jesus, little jumpy everyone. i took it as their rb situation is uncertain

exactly. some folks on this board need to chill out a bit and take his post simply for what it was....a lighthearted jab at ioweee's rb situation. who really cares?! so what?! contrary to what some of you want to think if this situation was reversed and going on a minnesota you know there would be similar posts to his on a wisconsin or iowa board. again.....so what?! it is what it is. roll with the punches.

that and we can only have so many morality police (especiallly in regards to rival teams) at once on this board. i know everyone wants a shot at it, but please wait your turn. :rolleyes:

Settle down here people. I read this as Iowa is going from having Greene run all over to having trouble finding a clear starter.

Looks like Bronko, Walley and Gopheraschells came in second, third and fourth place for the D-bag award! Apparently they cannot read very well...."We're talking about a knee, not a life threatening, permanently debilitating injury, and I'll take a win at any cost besides cheating.". Explain to me how that is "lighthearted jab" at their RB situation? I am all for having a little fun but when someone starts cheering for a KID to be injured just so our beloved Gophers win or end up better than a rival...well you lost me there!!

damnit, i didnt even make the podium?!?! didnt know i would qualify for telling people on an COLLEGE FOOTBALL FORUM to take it easy, maybe thats why i'm fourth? not saying i agree with the guy but i would not have known this unless this guy here had told me, so knowing that their in a rb mess is good news to me. but by all means taking everything on the internet and take it super duper seriously

Jewel Hampton did aggrevate the knee for the second time(not 3rd) but he will be fine. Ferentz addressed the only major injury of camp as the broken ankle of Jordan Bernstine. Its a day to day type deal that will be fine. He wasnt even gonna play against UNI on Sept. 5th. They were gonna sit him until the knee was 100%. No need to risk injuring it again versus northern iowa.

Excuse Me!!!!!!!!!!!

You folks have not wandered over to the boards to the South and to the East. We have lots of catching up to do as far as what they say about us.
As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with a little good natured attacks. When I see someone in red and I am driving I try to get a little close, just a little. A puddle makes it even better.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would I ever openly cheer a rival player getting injured? ---> NO (keeping it to yourself is probably the best choice for all involved)

Would I ever lecture someone else for openly cheering ---> NO (God knows what those pieces of sh!t to the south would be doing if Decker would blow out a knee, etc)

Would one of the little guys sitting over one of my shoulders smirk and think "that could only be good for the Gophers, and I hate every annoying piece of shit driving around the Twin Cities with a massive Hawkeye sticker on their car, so fck em" ---> Sorry, but YEP, but no way in hell would I say that in public though.

Meh...I want college players to be able to play. I'd rather beat them at full strength anyway. Grow up people.

exactly. some folks on this board need to chill out a bit and take his post simply for what it was....a lighthearted jab at ioweee's rb situation. who really cares?! so what?! contrary to what some of you want to think if this situation was reversed and going on a minnesota you know there would be similar posts to his on a wisconsin or iowa board. again.....so what?! it is what it is. roll with the punches.

that and we can only have so many morality police (especiallly in regards to rival teams) at once on this board. i know everyone wants a shot at it, but please wait your turn. :rolleyes:

Thank you for catching my drift.

Settle down here people. I read this as Iowa is going from having Greene run all over to having trouble finding a clear starter.

damnit, i didnt even make the podium?!?! didnt know i would qualify for telling people on an COLLEGE FOOTBALL FORUM to take it easy, maybe thats why i'm fourth? not saying i agree with the guy but i would not have known this unless this guy here had told me, so knowing that their in a rb mess is good news to me. but by all means taking everything on the internet and take it super duper seriously

You folks have not wandered over to the boards to the South and to the East. We have lots of catching up to do as far as what they say about us.
As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with a little good natured attacks. When I see someone in red and I am driving I try to get a little close, just a little. A puddle makes it even better.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would I ever openly cheer a rival player getting injured? ---> NO (keeping it to yourself is probably the best choice for all involved)

Would I ever lecture someone else for openly cheering ---> NO (God knows what those pieces of sh!t to the south would be doing if Decker would blow out a knee, etc)

Would one of the little guys sitting over one of my shoulders smirk and think "that could only be good for the Gophers, and I hate every annoying piece of shit driving around the Twin Cities with a massive Hawkeye sticker on their car, so fck em" ---> Sorry, but YEP, but no way in hell would I say that in public though.

That is all.

Top Bottom