Goldy/Buckey Badger chat

This is a decidedly mediocre bunch Tubby has. They don't do anything especially well other than play hard at times. And even that comes and goes.

Taylor is the most protected player in the Big. He should have gotten a T when he bitched to the Ref late in the game.

He talked with him after a horrible traveling call for about 3 seconds then walked away.

As for him being the most protected player in the Big Ten...how so. I would love to hear what refs do to "protect" him.

Last 32 seconds in regulation. How can you have a timeout and not have a better setup for shot ?
I R confused??????????????

We played a poor game and did not win. We go on to the next game and try again. Jordan gets every call that is even close so that is how he is protected. He does very little wrong according to the refs and the announcers.

He talked with him after a horrible traveling call for about 3 seconds then walked away.

As for him being the most protected player in the Big Ten...how so. I would love to hear what refs do to "protect" him.
If the first foul of OT is a foul, Jordan fouled Dre Hollins at least 3 times at the end of regulation.

"Really? What Dre did at the end makes you say he's not a playmaker? Really?! "

LOL! Correct, he is not a playmaker. You are absolutley a homer and are delusional if you think so. Jordan Taylor is a playmaker. Dramond Green is a playmaker. Jarred Sullinger is a playmaker. You get the point.....

I will say this, listening to the ESPN dudes it would have been difficult to tell who the Badgers were playing. They did everything they could to inform everybody about how great everything about Bo Ryan, Jordan Taylor and Wisconsin was.

Ok here we go - all the Tubby bashers coming out any minute now…......
There is nothing to bash. We have seen the same crap year after year. Every year we struggle to be a bubble team and every year its a different excuse. We lose to crap teams like iowa and sconnie and we are supposed to be happy because the state's highest paid employee can't deliver. I have always liked Tubby but am so tired of the direction of this program and don't really see how the program is going to change in the near future. It is frustrating for all Gopher fans and I have been one for a LONG time.

I will say this, listening to the ESPN dudes it would have been difficult to tell who the Badgers were playing. They did everything they could to inform everybody about how great everything about Bo Ryan, Jordan Taylor and Wisconsin was.
And how much Dave O'Brien hates the raised floor.

There is nothing to bash. We have seen the same crap year after year. Every year we struggle to be a bubble team and every year its a different excuse. We lose to crap teams like iowa and sconnie and we are supposed to be happy because the state's highest paid employee can't deliver. I have always liked Tubby but am so tired of the direction of this program and don't really see how the program is going to change in the near future. It is frustrating for all Gopher fans and I have been one for a LONG time.
Really? Wisconsin is a crap team? Really?

And how much Dave O'Brien hates the raised floor.

Yeah, I loved the whole "ancient arena" reference in the first half. I was waiting for them to reference the seats where Julius Caesar and Ramses the Great used to watch Gophers play.

Go away

Yeah, I loved the whole "ancient arena" reference in the first half. I was waiting for them to reference the seats where Julius Caesar and Ramses the Great used to watch Gophers play.
Ya, and the raised floor comments were stupid. No arena has that much space out of bounds before the end of the floor, and there is a reason we do. If you fall of the raised floor you're an idiot or you slid 5 feet.

The cameras don't even bother to focus on Tubby.His name isn't even in the good coach discussion anymore.It was all Bo ,all the time.What a waste of time watching this bunch,coaches includes look like a bunch of clowns.

Badger2010 said:

Why are you even here with Gopher fans - go to your fan boards. Weird.

Really? What Dre did at the end makes you say he's not a playmaker? Really?!

LOL! Correct, he is not a playmaker. You are absolutley a homer and are delusional if you think so. Jordan Taylor is a playmaker. Dramond Green is a playmaker. Jarred Sullinger is a playmaker. You get the point..... keep ignoring me:)

LOL! Correct, he is not a playmaker. You are absolutley a homer and are delusional if you think so. Jordan Taylor is a playmaker. Dramond Green is a playmaker. Jarred Sullinger is a playmaker. You get the point..... keep ignoring me:)
If this team has a playmaker, it's Dre. Live with it.

The cameras don't even bother to focus on Tubby.His name isn't even in the good coach discussion anymore.It was all Bo ,all the time.What a waste of time watching this bunch,coaches includes look like a bunch of clowns.

He had a heck of lot more success at Kentucky and they ran him out of town. 5 years and counting and nothing to show for it. Tubby will ride out his contract into the sunset with no pressure to win.

Keep ignoring me.

Ignoring you? I'm not ignoring you. JT didn't touch Hollins at the end of the game, so I don't know what foul you are talking about. I'm referring to the horrible traveling call against Evans, the no call when Gasser got literally thrown to the ground when diving for a loose ball, JT being held all game when he was off the ball.

Why are you even here with Gopher fans - go to your fan boards. Weird.

Our boards are dead right now. A few threads about how awful our end of game offense has been lately, but nothing worth talking about IMO. Rivals and 247 didn't even have game threads.

LMAO! IF? You are either a playmaker or not a playmaker. There is none, plain and simple.

Ignoring you? I'm not ignoring you. JT didn't touch Hollins at the end of the game, so I don't know what foul you are talking about. I'm referring to the horrible traveling call against Evans, the no call when Gasser got literally thrown to the ground when diving for a loose ball, JT being held all game when he was off the ball.
When Gasser "blocked" Rodney's dunk in the 1st half he really got hacked on the arm. When Welch air-balled that three there is no way that's not a tip or a foul the way it left his hand. And the foul I'm referring to is Gasser at the beginning of OT just went into his defender, that's it. If that's a foul on the Gophers than JT DEFINITELY fouled Dre on the last possession.
Also, Dre Hollins was smacked on the arm on a fast break in the 2nd half and they didn't call anything. And what about all the no-calls when JT pushed off to get open? Only one that was called was when it happened right in front of a ref.

Evans got away with extra steps multiple times in that game, so you certainly got the benefit of the travel calls. What about Rodney Williams and Andre Hollins clearly getting fouled on drives to the basket? I agree that there was no foul at the end of regulation. Gasser was not "literally thrown to the ground diving for a loose ball" that doesn't even make any sense...your own statement suggests he willing DOVE for the ball...even Badger Bo had nothing to say about that play. I think you should be very happy with how the game was officiated especially considering your Badgers were the road team.

When Gasser "blocked" Rodney's dunk in the 1st half he really got hacked on the arm. When Welch air-balled that three there is no way that's not a tip or a foul the way it left his hand. And the foul I'm referring to is Gasser at the beginning of OT just went into his defender, that's it. If that's a foul on the Gophers than JT DEFINITELY fouled Dre on the last possession.
Also, Dre Hollins was smacked on the arm on a fast break in the 2nd half and they didn't call anything. And what about all the no-calls when JT pushed off to get open? Only one that was called was when it happened right in front of a ref.

BS of the Gasser block. That was all ball/hand. No idea what you are talking about the beginning of the OT call. As for JT pushing off, he had to because they were constantly grabbing his hand and jersey. He was being mugged out there. It was brutal.

Top Bottom