Goldy’s Locker Room to open at TCF Bank Stadium

“Goldy’s Locker Room at TCF Bank Stadium will be one of the nation’s largest, most state-of-the-art college sports retail venues"

REALLY?? At twice the size of a current Goldy's Locker Room, which are not very big, that still won't be anything near the size of the on-campus stores i have been into on the Notre Dame campus or the Nebraska campus.

We dont have the demand here for that big of a store. I would love to see more selection. I am always a little irked when I see some cool stuff online or wherever but then learn that it is not available with a MN logo. Until we get a higher demand for fan gear like some other schools, including the two listed above, we won't have one of the nation's largest retail venues.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not we actually have one of the largest size wise b/c I have no idea. But what in the world does higher demand have to do with the square footage? Better selection sure...higher demand will get us that. But the TCF Goldy's Locker Room isn't going to get any bigger...it's as big as it will ever be. Demand (high or low) isn't going to change the physical size of the store. :)

“Goldy’s Locker Room at TCF Bank Stadium will be one of the nation’s largest, most state-of-the-art college sports retail venues"

REALLY?? At twice the size of a current Goldy's Locker Room, which are not very big, that still won't be anything near the size of the on-campus stores i have been into on the Notre Dame campus or the Nebraska campus.

We dont have the demand here for that big of a store. I would love to see more selection. I am always a little irked when I see some cool stuff online or wherever but then learn that it is not available with a MN logo. Until we get a higher demand for fan gear like some other schools, including the two listed above, we won't have one of the nation's largest retail venues.

I wish that we had a contract with Adidas versus Nike because in my opinion I think that currently Adidas makes the nicer college licensed gear versus Nike. Both of the schools listed above also happen to have contracts with Adidas.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not we actually have one of the largest size wise b/c I have no idea. But what in the world does higher demand have to do with the square footage? Better selection sure...higher demand will get us that. But the TCF Goldy's Locker Room isn't going to get any bigger...it's as big as it will ever be. Demand (high or low) isn't going to change the physical size of the store. :)

If we had more demand for gopher gear, there would be more gear to sell. therefore, a larger store would have been necessitated. that is what demand has to do with square footage. I am not suggesting that the current store site become larger, I was merely pointing out that the press release stating that we will have one of the largest stores in the country was not quite true.

If we had more demand for gopher gear, there would be more gear to sell. therefore, a larger store would have been necessitated. that is what demand has to do with square footage. I am not suggesting that the current store site become larger, I was merely pointing out that the press release stating that we will have one of the largest stores in the country was not quite true.

Would we really have gotten a bigger store though? There really isn't much more room (if any) with the Hall of Fame, M Room, premium entrance, recruiting room, and home team lockers/offices etc all on that side of the stadium. The space they have now is probably the most they would be allotted regardless of demand.

Top Bottom