Golden Gophers in the NFL - 2024 Season

The new NFL season kicks off Thursday night when the Baltimore Ravens visit the Kansas City Chiefs.
Once again, several former Minnesota Golden Gophers are on NFL teams and continuing their quest for a trip to the Super Bowl.
While rosters are always in flux throughout a season, the 2024 campaign begins with 16 Gophers on NFL teams — all on active rosters compared to practice squads, and with over half of them in starting roles.
Thirteen of the 32 NFL teams have at least one Gopher on their roster to start the season.

Below is the full list of Gophers on NFL teams as of Thursday.

• S Antoine Winfield Jr. — Tampa Bay Buccaneers, starter
  • TE Ko Kieft — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • CB Benjamin St-Juste — Washington Commanders, starter
  • OL John Michael Schmitz — New York Giants, starter
  • LB Carter Coughlin — New York Giants,
  • CB Terrel Smith — Chicago Bears,
  • LB Jack Gibbens — Tennessee Titans,
  • LB Boye Mafe — Seattle Seahawks, starter
  • S Eric Murray — Houston Texans,
  • DL Esezi Otomewo — Jacksonville Jaguars,
  • S Jordan Howden — New Orleans Saints, starter
  • WR Tyler Johnson — Los Angeles Rams,
  • OT Daniel Faalele — Baltimore Ravens, starter
  • WR Rashod Bateman — Baltimore Ravens, starter
  • LB De’Vondre Campbell — San Francisco 49ers, starter
  • LB Blake Cashman — Minnesota Vikings, starter
Good luck to them all, especially Bateman and Faalele, who are in action Thursday night!

Go Gophers!!
Is this list missing BSF, or did I miss something?

Seeing Faalele out there a lot in the first quarter for Baltimore. He had been coming off the bench for them in past seasons but appears to be a week 1 starter now.

Looks like they moved him to RG

How cool was that to see the offense of the Ravens player introductions, and hearing Big Dan and Rashod Bateman introduce themselves as being from MINNESOTA?!

I'm not sure I've ever heard two Gophers introduced in the starting lineup for an offense or defense.

Question: if you are a Gopher player and transfer out but then get drafted and make the team, are you a Gopher in the Pros? I assume we are talking about guys that were active Gophers when drafted.

I ask because Beanie Bishop made the Steelers and I actually saw him on the field today.

Question: if you are a Gopher player and transfer out but then get drafted and make the team, are you a Gopher in the Pros? I assume we are talking about guys that were active Gophers when drafted.

I ask because Beanie Bishop made the Steelers and I actually saw him on the field today.
Bucky Irving doing pretty well today, too.

"Johnson the speedster!" Tirico says 😂 He had a great block on Williams' TD, and then a very nice catch and run that was by all accounts DOA. If Puka misses time, I really hope he carves out a role with the Rams!!!

Yup, also we can remove this thread... people are discussing in the gophers in the nfl thread

Awesome seeing Tyler having a great game.....hopefully he can make the most of this opportunity in year 4.

Awesome seeing Tyler having a great game.....hopefully he can make the most of this opportunity in year 4.
Yup no kidding. I've been ragging on him for awhile, but looks like I was wrong!

Yup no kidding. I've been ragging on him for awhile, but looks like I was wrong!
He is at that make or break point of his career., hopefully a night like tonight can help keep him in the league earning that NFL paycheck.

Top Bottom