GOLD OUT

Honest question...why?

Because every situation involving mass participation needs "that guy".

And also because every human being has the natural desire to be "that guy" in at least one situation, or on at least one issue throughout the course of his life.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one Gopher fan who, attempting to protest the mass involvement of the rest of us, still goes to the Metrodome on home Football Saturdays.

I have a bunch of maroon tees, I really don't have any gold gopher tees. I do have a gold sweatshirt.....hopefully it will be cool enough for that.

I have a bunch of maroon tees, I really don't have any gold gopher tees. I do have a gold sweatshirt.....hopefully it will be cool enough for that.

I had the same problem. After the UNH game I went to Goldy's and picked up some Gold shorts and a Gold Q jersey. Wanted them anyways since we're the GOLDEN Gophers. SHould be a great game and a fun environment despite the maroon lovers.

Then you're colorblind. You guys (GH) always whine about the fans not getting into it then you refuse to participate. You're part of the problem

PRESACTLY!!!!! don't piss and moan about fans not being apart of unity then try to be the rebellious tool of the group...

I might even wear my gold tshirt over my beloved maroon and gold striped suspender straps to look more gold for the occassion.

Parski1 said:
Why does that not surprise anybody.

It actually does surprise me. You may not like Dpodoll because he will always call you out when you're wrong, but I he always seems to me to be a passionate fan and I would have guessed his stance would be to rip on people that don't participate.

Do what I did and go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx and buy a gold U of M tee shirt for $5.99. Cheaper than a beer at the stadium.

If the U truly wanted a gold out, give us a damn gold t-shirt to wear when we arrive at the gate. Until then, my wardrobe will continue to be maroon, including my Cupito jersey.

Gold rally towels! Don't have to worry about sizes or anything. Block M with Ski-U-Mah on one side, logo of a corporate sponsor on the other. Fun to whip around your head, and constant motion in the stands could distract opposing players.

Eventually the old person maroon crowd will be dead and the current crowds that went through school wearing gold will participate in gold outs more effectively.

I pay enough for my 4 season tickets + annual donation which I would be willing to bet is more than you pay/give. I think they can provide a $2 t-shirt to make it a success.

xwoah-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Mzb_u_thAx.jpg

We've lost every gold out I've ever been a part of, so on that alone, I'll be wearing Maroon to make a point on Saturay (I did wear Gold to the UNH game).

And the U is the dumbest athletic department around when it comes to these things. They always call for it when we're plaing someone of the same color. Every time. Michigan and Iowa are awful choices. Next we'll see them call for a black out against Purdue. Does anyone over there have a clue? Besides gold outs look really average in my opinion. Looks much much better on tv to do black or white. And yes, we could do black or white if they coordinate with the team...

I pay enough for my 4 season tickets + annual donation which I would be willing to bet is more than you pay/give. I think they can provide a $2 t-shirt to make it a success.

I pointed that out last Saturday. The U should put a freaking 2 dollar tshirt on every seat on any such gold out day. That is the way to get people to participate. Maybe Norwood will get to work on the marketing staff soon.

If the U truly wanted a gold out, give us a damn gold t-shirt to wear when we arrive at the gate. Until then, my wardrobe will continue to be maroon, including my Cupito jersey.
Ditch your stupid Cupito jersey for one game cheapass!

I pointed that out last Saturday. The U should put a freaking 2 dollar tshirt on every seat on any such gold out day. That is the way to get people to participate. Maybe Norwood will get to work on the marketing staff soon.
Pathetic! Give me something or I don't participate! Buy your own freakin $5 gold shirt! Cheapo!

Season Ticket Holders used to get free long sleeve shirts. Why can't they bring that back for the Gold Outs?

Personally, I always wear gold; it stands out more than the maroon!:cool:

Season Ticket Holders used to get free long sleeve shirts. Why can't they bring that back for the Gold Outs?

Personally, I always wear gold; it stands out more than the maroon!:cool:

In my younger days, when I was golden, it really "stood out". Now I am marooned and I never stand out.

Then you're colorblind. You guys (GH) always whine about the fans not getting into it then you refuse to participate. You're part of the problem

You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. If you're not wearing gold (and are aware of the plan) you're as bad as those that don't understand/care the importance of a game day atmosphere.

We've lost every gold out I've ever been a part of, so on that alone, I'll be wearing Maroon to make a point on Saturay (I did wear Gold to the UNH game).

And the U is the dumbest athletic department around when it comes to these things. They always call for it when we're plaing someone of the same color. Every time. Michigan and Iowa are awful choices. Next we'll see them call for a black out against Purdue. Does anyone over there have a clue? Besides gold outs look really average in my opinion. Looks much much better on tv to do black or white. And yes, we could do black or white if they coordinate with the team...

I'm going to wear my Gold shirt since it rules, but I agree with the rest of this.

Pretty sure the last gold out was last year against Miami Ohio which we won.

You're either part of the solution or part of the problem.

I asked it before, and no one answered. What if I don't see it as a "problem"?

If you're not wearing gold (and are aware of the plan) you're as bad as those that don't understand/care the importance of a game day atmosphere.

Manufactured atmosphere (we'll all wear the same color shirt! yay!) does nothing for me. Authentic atmosphere, like the game last Saturday had, cannot be manufactured no matter how badly some want it to.

Manufactured atmosphere (we'll all wear the same color shirt! yay!) does nothing for me. Authentic atmosphere, like the game last Saturday had, cannot be manufactured no matter how badly some want it to.

If everyone would just wear Maroon or Gold, we wouldn't have to have a manufactured atmosphere. Never understood the "fans" who wear a Vikings jersey or black, etc. to a Gopher game.

I asked it before, and no one answered. What if I don't see it as a "problem"?

True "authentic atmosphere" is an unplanned drunk out by a group of fans who yell, scream, holler, shout, puke, belch loud, fart and then they brag about it for a week. Oh, wait, this is not Iowa or Wisconsin.

If everyone would just wear Maroon or Gold, we wouldn't have to have a manufactured atmosphere. Never understood the "fans" who wear a Vikings jersey or black, etc. to a Gopher game.

I couldn't agree with you more! It took every fiber of my being to restrain myself from saying something smart-assed to a woman in line behind us wearing a Wild jersey.

I couldn't agree with you more! It took every fiber of my being to restrain myself from saying something smart-assed to a woman in line behind us wearing a Wild jersey.

Different take, I always assume that the person doesn't have any Gopher wear. That means we're finally expanding the base.

Top Bottom