Glitch or new commit?

He was leaning towards Baylor. Rivals has nothing on him, not even a profile.

Allen Veazie, a 5-foot-11, 160-pound athlete from Eisenhower HIgh in Texas has just announced via text message that he has made his college choice. "Mr. Vital, can you put that I have committed to Minnesota on the web for me," Veazie said.

Allen Veazie, a 5-foot-11, 160-pound athlete from Eisenhower HIgh in Texas has just announced via text message that he has made his college choice. "Mr. Vital, can you put that I have committed to Minnesota on the web for me," Veazie said.

5-11, 160 lbs? Are we going after 9th graders?

Put me on the list in that case. I haven't used any years of eligibility either.

It seems a bit early for walk ons to start verballing for 2010...but good news. Now if we are using scholarship on this kid this early....I hope his big brother or man sized cousin is part of the package.

Given the likes of Winfield or Tyrone Carter, that does not bother me so much as there being little info on him. Under the radar is one thing, this guy seems invisible.

Have to trust the coaches!

what's with the badmouthing of gopher commits? 5-11, 160 is not a bad size for a CB who just finished his junior year of high school. BPT is 5-11, 179. sherels is 5-11 160. carter is 5-11, 154.

what's with the badmouthing of gopher commits? 5-11, 160 is not a bad size for a CB who just finished his junior year of high school. BPT is 5-11, 179. sherels is 5-11 160. carter is 5-11, 154.

I agree. Why criticize a commit you know nothing about? If we extended him an offer, I'm sure he's solid. And as bigtenchamps1899 pointed out, size is not such an important factor for CB. If he can cover and make tackles, then he has the potential to be a good CB for us.

Information

In 2008 District 19-5A (is 5A the biggest division in Texas?) he was second team Defensive back. Everyone on the first team was a SR. He was one of only two JR's on the second team. He was listed as 175 lbs. Looks like a great get to me.

I agree. Why criticize a commit you know nothing about? If we extended him an offer, I'm sure he's solid. And as bigtenchamps1899 pointed out, size is not such an important factor for CB. If he can cover and make tackles, then he has the potential to be a good CB for us.

No joke. What if he's incredibly fast? Like 4.3 fast and nobody else knows it.

In 2008 District 19-5A (is 5A the biggest division in Texas?) he was second team Defensive back. Everyone on the first team was a SR. He was one of only two JR's on the second team. He was listed as 175 lbs. Looks like a great get to me.

5A is the largest class in Texas football.

Eisenhower is supposed to be a very good program as well. I don't see much to gripe about here except that there's not a lot of information about him. His video looks good on Scout.

I have no doubts about Brewsters ability to spot talent. If he wants him, I believe the kid is good enough. no need to second guess. The only question is how good.

Allen Veazie is finally on the Rivals Commit list for the Gophers.

Top Bottom