Give Bret Bielema credit..........

As others have said... I can take no "real" joy in this until it translates in an actual Gopher victory over the Badgers. Wisconsin has enjoyed a lot of success on the field and a fist full of Rose Bowls over the past 20 years. I have sadly watched the all time series come close to being even. I also tend to see the world through gold colored classes and the last time I thought BB was a complete tool and about to turn that program away from success was through the 2008 season leading into 2009. I thought that was the beginning of the end of their run over the Gophers. 2 more Wisconsin trips to the rose bowl later, I will refrain from declaring anything but respect for their success until the Gophers reclaim the axe. All that being said, after the first two games there is little doubt Wisconsin is a fraction of what everyone thought they'd be this year. They were lucky to escape week one AT HOME and Oregon State is a middling Pac12 team. Who knows? They might turn it around but for now I am liking the trend. :)

Lost in this, is Coach B has chosen a graduate assistant to take over. How many quality candidates are going to pop up now? Now there are some coaching areas a grad assistant might work, but offensive line coach?

I hope both teams continue to look like death warmed over. Both games (@Iowa and @Wisconsin) suddenly look a lot more winnable.

I'll give Bielema credit. Only a coach of the year candidate and one of the greatest football minds of all-time would have the courage and foresight to fire an O-line coach that he hand-picked after 2 games and replace him with a graduate assistant who has never set foot on a football field before...

by the way... how do you think Mont-aaaay Ball feels about his decision to come back for another year of Badger football after getting his face punched in before the season started and his career yards-per-carry statistic divided into fractions after the first couple games? Lot of football to be played yet of course, but I wonder how his decision will look at season's end?

by the way... how do you think Mont-aaaay Ball feels about his decision to come back for another year of Badger football after getting his face punched in before the season started and his career yards-per-carry statistic divided into fractions after the first couple games? Lot of football to be played yet of course, but I wonder how his decision will look at season's end?

Needless to say, I don't think he's improving his draft position.

I gotta think that the coaching fraternity is a pretty tight knit group. As has been said, Markuson can’t or won’t say anything. I would expect that most coaches across the country would know some of the truth...people talk.

Of course the real truth won’t be spewed from the horse’s mouth. Rather, in this case, it gets twisted, sugar coated, and pops out from the other end.

Not sure we ever got the full story on Chadima or Ball either…

The real concern is The U and how we handle our business.

I gotta think that the coaching fraternity is a pretty tight knit group. As has been said, Markuson can’t or won’t say anything. I would expect that most coaches across the country would know some of the truth...people talk.

Of course the real truth won’t be spewed from the horse’s mouth. Rather, in this case, it gets twisted, sugar coated, and pops out from the other end.

Not sure we ever got the full story on Chadima or Ball either…

The real concern is The U and how we handle our business.

I would think the offensive line coach is vital to a system, especially for an offense like Wiskey's. There's a reason why Kill doesn't rotate his offensive line. You need continuity and Bullema just ruined that for his team.

After the loss on Saturday, some of the Badger forums were very critical of Blart Bielema. I was surprised at the level of hatred for a guy, who, while we all think he's a jackass here, has been pretty successful on the field with them.

I remember that old saying "40 for 60" from the Viking glory days. Now Dr.Don reinvents it and cheapens it as usual.

Killjoy, its a thread about Butthead, it's already been cheapened. :)

Sounds like a typical d-bag thing that he'd do to me. Blame everyone else for your failings.......where else have we heard that?

Burt is an absolute coward. This move is proof of his asshatness, can't wait til he fires another coach instead of manning up and adnitting he's over his head.

Sounds like a typical d-bag thing that he'd do to me. Blame everyone else for your failings.......where else have we heard that?

Umm, what? The guy's a d!ck for sure, but what do you expect him to do if his O-Line is having major issues?

Umm, what? The guy's a d!ck for sure, but what do you expect him to do if his O-Line is having major issues?

Have our OL Coach replace the bastards that weren't doing the job.

He goes through coaches like toilet paper, that's the point. At some point you have to start thinking the it's not just your underlings that are the problem.

Do what every other coach does...

Sit down with all the Coaches, watch film, scheme for the next team, and go with the candidate YOU hired. It's not that hard. I haven't been paying attention, did Arkansas scapegoat an assistant coach after losing to U of L-Monroe and falling from 8 to unranked?

Sit down with all the Coaches, watch film, scheme for the next team, and go with the candidate YOU hired. It's not that hard. I haven't been paying attention, did Arkansas scapegoat an assistant coach after losing to U of L-Monroe and falling from 8 to unranked?

Realisticaly, how much control does the OL coach have over the scheming in the offense anyway? Don't positional coaches teach mostly technique? You telling me that after two games you can fire a positional coach and say it's legit with a straight face? lol.

On the one hand it appears to be a poor move, what if they got into a shouting match and the assistant said something completely stupid? I will reserve full judgement in the event more info comes out.

On the one hand it appears to be a poor move, what if they got into a shouting match and the assistant said something completely stupid? I will reserve full judgement in the event more info comes out.

I won't. Butthead is a Dickhead.

As someone who has experienced Bret 1st hand let me tell you....the guy is a 1st class insecure drunk idiot. I have witnessed a player have to be restrained in practice from hitting him. I have had coordinators and position coaches approach me in tears because they were ashamed of his antics.

I don't even want to know if this man (fired coach) was married and/or have a family. Coaching is nomadic by itself without being fired 2 games in after up rooting your family or even just yourself.

Blame should also go to Barry for allowing this tool to do this. There is a reason why half of the staff would leave the stability of a top Big Ten program to go with a 1st time head coach. It appears they know something most folks don't.

Keep in mind that Sportsfan24 is very familiar with the WI situation. You should not doubt his comments. Here is a link to an article written when Markuson was hired. Note the last sentance of the article which includes a quote from Alvarez - "Mike will be an unbelievable fit here,'' Alvarez said.

Things certainly changed in 9 months.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012112aad.html

Top Bottom