Gilreath: TCF is "No Camp Randall"

Why in hell would we want it like CR? TCF is sweet. Size has no bearing on how nice a stadium is. I hear this same old comments coming from the red clowns to the east. They will be in for a little surprise watching the game from the inside. (that's assuming they can get tickets :))

Personally, I think they are just a little bitter that their "party weekend" in the big city is a little tougher now with the lack of easy tickets.

It's really not much of a put-down piece, but as has been noted:

"Admittedly, there is a major flaw with my argument. I haven't seen the stadium during a game" that really is a major flaw.:clap::clap:

Oh, if he wants to read about people ripping the atmosphere of Camp Randall he should read buckyville.com!:eek:

And we're all thankful that it isn't, Mr. Gilreath.

Are you suggesting that he just might be looking at this through red and white glasses a bit? :D

Let me put it to you this way. I am going to go to TCF. I am going to be extremely impressed. Everything is going to be new, shiny, great scoreboard, great brick, beautiful view of the city, nice plaza, etc. When the game ends, I am still going to enjoy Camp Randall and going to a game there 1000 times more.

It is not exactly rocket science.

No it won't. Even if Wisconsin wins on Saturday, he'll still be a Badger when he wakes up Sunday morning. Things will never be alright for him. He is one freak lab accident away from being super villain without the cool utility belt, laser gun, or jet pack. :(

the poor guy has to live with himself. I'm not sure he could take it if he really understood how little chance he has of ridding himself of any residual suck he has from his time in wisconsin. I hope he can, but really what hope does he really have?? If he wants to hang around, he might make some gains much like GVBadger, but as we've seen with him it's a difficult process. He'll always be a little prone to sucking. I think we can help him. But first he has to help himself.

Did you think he was going to say it blows Camp Randall out of the water and is the greatest stadium in the history of the world?

Show some class and say it's a nice stadium.

Of course, any semblance of class he had growing up in Minnesota has long since vanquished due to his voluntarily living in Wisconsin for 2+ years.

the poor guy has to live with himself. I'm not sure he could take it if he really understood how little chance he has of ridding himself of any residual suck he has from his time in wisconsin. I hope he can, but really what hope does he really have?? If he wants to hang around, he might make some gains much like GVBadger, but as we've seen with him it's a difficult process. He'll always be a little prone to sucking. I think we can help him. But first he has to help himself.
GVBadger isn't so bad. Probably because of the positive influence he's received living here. :D sfbadger on the other hand is hopeless. The more I think about it, the more he should hope for that freak lab accident. :p

Show some class and say it's a nice stadium.

Of course, any semblance of class he had growing up in Minnesota has long since vanquished due to his voluntarily living in Wisconsin for 2+ years.

Hey now...I still know how to stay classy and I've been stranded here for 9 years! He just doesn't share my ability to stand tall against the suckitude that surrounds me. :)

Let me put it to you this way. I am going to go to TCF. I am going to be extremely impressed. Everything is going to be new, shiny, great scoreboard, great brick, beautiful view of the city, nice plaza, etc. When the game ends, I am still going to enjoy Camp Randall and going to a game there 1000 times more.

It is not exactly rocket science.

And you will enjoy it purely as a disinterested observer, right? :) If we had made an exact replica of Camp Randall, I expect that you would still greatly prefer Camp Randall. It's only natural to prefer your own stadium (unless that stadium is the Metrodome, of course).

And you will enjoy it purely as a disinterested observer, right? :) If we had made an exact replica of Camp Randall, I expect that you would still greatly prefer Camp Randall. It's only natural to prefer your own stadium (unless that stadium is the Metrodome, of course).

Suck attracts suck. just saying.

I'll take the three points, you name the amount.

Oh, yeah?! How about a million-billion?! I'll show you, tough guy Badger fan!!!!!!!!!

The message board bet appears to be a favorite of you guys, a bastion of sorts for all the pencil-necked, clarinet playing, Bucky band dorks.

While you're here...want to throw out some racist remarks about the families of Gopher players like your boy Myles? Or maybe threaten to bash some skulls of Gopher fans at a pre-game tailgate like the 1970s rent-a-cop wannabe you guys all circle jerk on Buckyville. Message board TOUGHNESS!!1!!!!1111

Well sir, you must come from a better brand of moral fiber...

Hey now...I still know how to stay classy and I've been stranded here for 9 years! He just doesn't share my ability to stand tall against the suckitude that surrounds me. :)

but get out quick, you never know when the evil Wisconsin suck mutation will take hold of you....The first warning sign is a new found respect for Polyester.

This article is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. The writer basically destroys his own article.

I got a chance to see the stadium a little over a month ago and it was impressive. But all the hype is about the amenities, locker rooms and the fact that it is not the Metrodump.

I agree, inexperienced UW journalism student, the stadium and amenities ARE impressive. Thanks!

it has Field Turf (just like Camp Randall)

So is field turf bad......??? Don't get this point......

and it isn't a full bowl. The horseshoe shape allows for an impressive entranceway underneath the nation's third largest scoreboard

So he thinks the lack of a full bowl actually improves the appearance of the stadium. Sweet, I agree!

In this case, the new stadium will shut many Badger fans out and the Gophers should enjoy not playing a road game in their own stadium

I agree, Adam. Great point.

I saw the empty version in August and personally, I love it.

I saw the empty version too Adam, and I also love it. You know, you just might have a future in journalism. :)

Admittedly, there is a major flaw with my argument. I haven't seen the stadium during a game

That probably would make a difference, Adam. You said it yourself, it is a flaw.

But combining what I saw in person with what I've seen on TV so far, it's just an average college football atmosphere.

Weird. Usually when I sit on my couch and watch games on TV I would grade that as a very subpar college football atmosphere.

Basically this guy is saying its worse than Camp Randall since it is 50,000 seats instead of 80,000. The rest of his "article" doesn't make any sense.

I have been to Camp Randall and its extremely average. Not much else you can say about it. Its pretty much a dump on the interior. Decent sight lines. I will give the fans credit, they are passionate and wear red, but it never gets loud. The PA announcer might be the worse I have ever heard. Thank GOD PJ Hill is gone because the PA saying "3 yard run by Pee Jay Hilllll!" 75 times a game in his awful voice got OLD.

Gilreath will be crawling back to Minnesota after 4 years in that dump of a town called MADison. Every one knows you can't find work in that hell hole after you get your becky degree. In Gilreaths case, he probably won't have a degree. Have a nice life you piece of crap.

I saw the Air Force game on TV and had the opportunity to go to the Cal game. It doesn't compare (TV vs. being there). Not even close. I'm not really sure why this person is trying to act like they can tell anything from TV. People keep spouting off the 50,000 and how small it is, but I'll tell you what, it was LOUD in there. Whatever they did to keep the sound in worked.

TCF is creating its own new thing. Ain't nobody trying to be Camp Randall Jr., please lol.

you bucky fans are right, stadium isnt that great, If I were you and had tickets, I wouldnt even bother making the drive...just stay home.

We have an 80,000 stadium that's sold out virtually every weekend, go to bowl games every year (including 4 straight January games from 2005-2008 (only USC and WV did that as well)), have beaten you 5 times in a row, and 12 of the last 14, and our program sucks. What does that say about the state of Minnesota football.

You have a new stadium, which is great (because frankly the Metrodome is the biggest piece of crap ever built). That doesn't mean your team will all of a sudden stop sucking. Like a guy said, you can put a pig in a fancy new house, but it's still a pig.

The cock envy you guys have is amazing. Let's face it, Minnesota football is obsolete. Has been for about 50 years. You have a small stadium, no solid fan base, very fair weather, and basically no traditions.

While the sight-lines are fantastic, I wish the fans would have been 'on the field.' As for "smaller," I would prefer Autzen to CR any day - why not TCF Bank? The bowl here holds sound really well. Funny - I had a coffee this morning with a former co-worker who graduated from Wisconsin in 1992 and talked fondly about the days when he could go to a game and stretch out over a few rows. Now that's the Wisconsin I remember while growing up. The red & white bully of the upper Midwest was always been in Lincoln. Just don't get it!

We have a...stadium, every weekend, every year, we beat ourselves 5 times in a row, and 12 of the last 14, and our program sucks. What does that say?

You have a new stadium, which is great. we will never stop sucking. Like a guy said, you can put a pig in a fancy new house, but it's still a pig.

The cock you guys have is amazing. Let's face it, ours is obsolete, small, not solid , and basically no nads.

I couldn't agree more.

We have an 80,000 stadium that's sold out virtually every weekend, go to bowl games every year (including 4 straight January games from 2005-2008 (only USC and WV did that as well)), have beaten you 5 times in a row, and 12 of the last 14, and our program sucks. What does that say about the state of Minnesota football.

You have a new stadium, which is great (because frankly the Metrodome is the biggest piece of crap ever built). That doesn't mean your team will all of a sudden stop sucking. Like a guy said, you can put a pig in a fancy new house, but it's still a pig.

The cock envy you guys have is amazing. Let's face it, Minnesota football is obsolete. Has been for about 50 years. You have a small stadium, no solid fan base, very fair weather, and basically no traditions.

And yet YOU'RE still here......

Camp Randall is a piece of garbage

I have been there. It is a sh*t heap of the highest order- on par with what Memorial Stadium was before they were forced to demolish it.

I think you Sconie hayseeds should look up what your boy Greg Jennings said about TCF Bank Stadium after practicing there this summer. He obviously is not one of you. But we already knew that because of his straight, white teeth.

Minnesota has one of the top football traditions in the entire nation. You are jealous and insecure because Wisconsin has ZERO tradition. Hope this helps.

I heard it was absolutely packed when Cal Poly and Wofford were in town....wish I could have gotten a ticket....

Saying TCF Bank Stadium is no Camp Randall is like saying Minneapolis is no Milwaukee. It's not and for that I say thank God I'm a Gopher fan living in Minneapolis.

I truly hate the Badgers with all of my heart, but Milwaukee is a pretty cool city. I'll take Mpls., but I have never had a bad time in Milw.

Minnesota has one of the top football traditions in the entire nation. You are jealous and insecure because Wisconsin has ZERO tradition. Hope this helps.

Tell that to anyone outside the state of Minnesota (and plenty inside) and they'll laugh in your face. That's worst than saying Yale or Princeton have a football tradition because they have the most national championships. Too bad the last one declared for either of them was in 1935.

GVBadger

You must not be a math major. You could be though as you did go to Wisconsin. There are roughly 7 or 8 home games a year in college football and you are going to attend 1,000 more games at Camp Randall?
I would love to see this. Speaking of camp. When you go to camp in Wisconsin do you sign a waver to go at your own risk? Wisconsin? Pediphiles? Serial killers?
Just a thought. Don't hang around the Mississippi in downtown La Crosse after dark because we all know what will happen there.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

["We have an 80,000 stadium that's sold out virtually every weekend, go to bowl games every year (including 4 straight January games from 2005-2008 (only USC and WV did that as well)), have beaten you 5 times in a row, and 12 of the last 14, and our program sucks. What does that say about the state of Minnesota football."]

This is absurd. Wussconsin has been good at football for what..? maybe 15 years? The Barry Alvarez years period. Before that they were ALWAYS doormats. I mean perennially the bottom of the barrel. They have such short memories. Camp Randall was a dump even when it was new. Go back and read the articles about how disappointed everyone was when it was built.

Camp Randall was half full for many many many years. Football has been an anathema to Wisconsin far longer than it's recent temporary success.

The BADgers have peaked (it was a relatively short period of success) and are now on the downward slide to football irrelevancy. Coach Bulimia is proving to be just what Wussconsin does not need, a typical BADger coach.

They have no traditions past the last 15 years but they think it has always been so. They are a pathetic bunch. The most exciting thing to happen at Camp Randall before Alvarez arrived is.... is...well there wasn't anything exciting...sorry.

Minnesota has had glory years which included 6 National titles. Wussconsins glory years are behind them and they have zero national titles. How sad for them. They can't live in the past , the present sucks and they have no future.

Top Bottom