GI Story Was Wrong

Duluthguy

Reaction score
Last night several posters were amazed at how GI had beaten the local papers and other media outlets on the Brewster story, so I think it's worthwhile to point out that the story was dead wrong on several levels. (1). Brewster was told this morning, not yesterday. (2). He was not told that he wasn't coming back next year. He was "terminated." (3). Obviously, the entire part about him deciding to coach through the end of the year was total fiction of several levels. I've got nothing against GI - just wanted to point out that they may have been writing some fiction that fractionally became true.

We don't know what exactly happened with Maturi and Brewster sat down.

We should know more this afternoon after the press conference. It's possible they gave Brew the option to coach it through and he said he'd rather just walk away rather than be a lame duck everyday.

Last night several posters were amazed at how GI had beaten the local papers and other media outlets on the Brewster story, so I think it's worthwhile to point out that the story was dead wrong on several levels. (1). Brewster was told this morning, not yesterday. (2). He was not told that he wasn't coming back next year. He was "terminated." (3). Obviously, the entire part about him deciding to coach through the end of the year was total fiction of several levels. I've got nothing against GI - just wanted to point out that they may have been writing some fiction that fractionally became true.

Congratulations.

Whatever. The story said the decision was made he would be fired. Thats what most people were most interested in. Also, it was likely that Brew was given the option to coach through the year with certain conditions and Brew decided he didn't want to. Who cares about the minor details. Your comment saying it was "total fiction of several levels" pretty much says you do have an axe to grind against GI. Give credit where credit is due message board expert.

History is written by those in power. Do you really believe everything Maturi is shoveling?

Just be happy with the result.

No axe to grind - just a former journalist. Do they really deserve credit for a story that said Brewster would coach out the season? Maybe the facts, or decisions, did change along the way, maybe not. However, I also find it of interest that before 9:30 this morning, the only media stories about Brewster being fired were simply stories about what GI was reporting.

I belonged to GI for several years, enjoyed it and thought everyone there did a great job. I finally left because I got tired of reading threads where people were insulted for simply stating their opinions. Unfortunately, it's the same thing here, but it's free.

I thought Cory at KSTP 1500 reported on Friday that Brewster would be fired if we lost to Purdue.

Well, isn't that exactly what happenned so isn't he the one who should be getting credit for breaking the story.

Top Bottom