GH Now Has 2 Off-Topic Forums: One Focused on Politics and Current Events; One Focused on Pro Sports, Pop Culture, Music, Movies

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We made the decision to create a second Off-Topic Board.

We will have a Political and Current Events Board and an Off-Topic Board focused on pro sports, pop culture, movies, beer, etc.

We will do our best to move as many of the previous threads that are more appropriate for the Pro Sports/Pop Culture Board. If you see a thread you want moved just let us know.

Here is a link to the new Board: https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/forums/off-topic-board-pro-sports-pop-culture.18/

The old OT board was way too charged politically. Hopefully, there is a way where people can talk about issues with civility and decency.

Tony Dungy: "Brees can't be afraid to say that (respecting the flag) and we can't be afraid to say I don't agree with you (kneeling about social justice, not about disrespecting the flag)".

So went over to the new board and the first thing I see is that a thread on Swedish music is on page 16. Huh?

It’s remarkable how both the left and the right can insert their political views into practically any discussion. Hopefully they stay off the new board.

I always avoided OT because of the haters. I might visit the "movie and beer" off topic board. Assuming all of the people spewing politics and watching the world burn stay out of there.
So, are you voting "movie" or "beer" this coming election? Joking of course, just trying to echo your comment about how heated it can get.

Yes!!! Another forum to overrun with political discourse.

I'm confused. There are things other than Gopher football in life? And does anyone know when the bookstore will be getting in XL maroon and gold striped gameday bibs? They've got every other size.

So went over to the new board and the first thing I see is that a thread on Swedish music is on page 16. Huh?
That's some crazy bot.

Not kidding. Just ignore that thread.

There's an off-topic board where politics are discussed? I thought we handled everything here.

I'm confused. There are things other than Gopher football in life? And does anyone know when the bookstore will be getting in XL maroon and gold striped gameday bibs? They've got every other size.
They don't sell man sized bibs?

As long as it includes University of St. Thomas discussions, especially their football program, I am all for it.

Thank you! Until a few years ago, I visited the Off Topic board all the time. It was a lot of fun and laughs. I'll go back.

Now two boards on GH I will seldom visit.

So, are you voting "movie" or "beer" this coming election? Joking of course, just trying to echo your comment about how heated it can get.
Movie and if you disagree, I hate you and will insult your character

It’s remarkable how both the left and the right can insert their political views into practically any discussion. Hopefully they stay off the new board.
For some reason we all get categorized as right or left. I consider myself an independent as I have viewpoints with both parties but will admit lean left. With that I'm considered an extreme liberal etc. People don't allow others to have viewpoints without being labeled.

I've always used the drop down and not the page to browse to forums until now. I learned that GH is almost as much a political forum as a Gopher basketball one, and half as much as it is a Gopher football one.

Top Bottom